KGHobby - a rant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KG replaced an entire head on a figure for me last year.

Took some followup, but they got it taken care of.

Never had issues with them..

Cant say that for Sideshow, its always a fight for me with them, to the point where I no longer will order with them.

And thus we all trust in Kit!
have seen many success stories where vendors are active in forums i dont understand why most vendors dont bother at all. or you though maybe the employees would participate on their own time and interest i guess companies arent treating their workers well.

Surface Parcel by Hong Kong Post (9-15weeks)US$60
Registered Airmail via Hong Kong Post (7-14 Days)US$109EMS
Airmail via Hong Kong Post

is surface parcel safe to use?

Surface Parcel by Hong Kong Post (9-15weeks)US$60
Registered Airmail via Hong Kong Post (7-14 Days)US$109EMS
Airmail via Hong Kong Post

is surface parcel safe to use?
hi i am in the uk last year i had 3 parcels from hk by surface with no problems

It’s safe but it is slow as hell.
Thanks for getting back to me. Do you know how kghobby handles orders that have in stock and preorder items in the same order? I'm trying to save as much on shipping as possible but am thinking about ordering like 8 figures

Thanks for getting back to me. Do you know how kghobby handles orders that have in stock and preorder items in the same order? I'm trying to save as much on shipping as possible but am thinking about ordering like 8 figures
I just know that stores typically advise against making orders containing in-stock and preorder items.
I’ve placed some orders containing multiple PO figures and they do wait till all are released to ship them together.

I just know that stores typically advise against making orders containing in-stock and preorder items.
I’ve placed some orders containing multiple PO figures and they do wait till all are released to ship them together.
Gotcha alright thanks again

does anyone know if kghobby marks down the value of package to avoid import taxes?

does anyone know if kghobby marks down the value of package to avoid import taxes?
From what I've noticed, it seems that most toys resellers do that these days.
I'm in Alberta, and I've never had to pay any import fees from any overseas toy company other than Sideshow. Even Sugo, which is in Australia never charged me either. Just had to pay for shipping.
It makes me happy though. Import fees suck arse and this hobby is already crazy expensive for us Northerners. lol

I have to post this again… and again.

$18 listed on waybill…Inart joker 2 pack
thats way too suspicious. i recommend putting it maybe 10% below custom limit to avoid issues.

What is the general consensus on KGHobby at the moment? Has their post-sale customer support improved over the past couple of years or are experiences still mixed?

My go-to store is Giantoy due to incredible politeness and amazing customer service. Next would be Kit, but neither store has the figure I want available. I've only ordered from KG once, but that was in 2021 and there was nothing wrong with the figure, so I didn't need to contact their CS. I'm a bit worried about ordering now based on some of the comments here and on Reddit.

What is the general consensus on KGHobby at the moment? Has their post-sale customer support improved over the past couple of years or are experiences still mixed?

My go-to store is Giantoy due to incredible politeness and amazing customer service. Next would be Kit, but neither store has the figure I want available. I've only ordered from KG once, but that was in 2021 and there was nothing wrong with the figure, so I didn't need to contact their CS. I'm a bit worried about ordering now based on some of the comments here and on Reddit.
I just ordered the Playtoy Queen Amidala from them and it shipped immediately. I won't know about customer service beyond that unless I have an issue. All I can gauge is based on how quickly they processed and shipped my order.

I just ordered the Playtoy Queen Amidala from them and it shipped immediately. I won't know about customer service beyond that unless I have an issue. All I can gauge is based on how quickly they processed and shipped my order.
Thanks for the info! I've actually gone ahead and ordered. The worst case scenario is there's an issue and they refuse to help, but I still have the option to contact the manufacturer for help. 80% of issues I've had with 1/6 figures have been resolved with the manufacturer despite not ordering through them.

Back