Kenner 1979 Alien 18" Action Figure - BIG CHAP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Skull

Super Freak
Reaction score
I searched the forum to see if this iconic figure had its own thread and did not find one, It has the honor of being the very first Alien toy ever made and also is not without controversy as it was ether banned or quickly made its way to clearance bins as parents complained they did not want there kids playing with this monster from an R Rated movie. Anyway I recently acquired one off E-BAY and did a restoration as it was in very rough condition.

BEFORE

1624459422018.png

AFTER
1624459470933.png

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to pick up one of these for $8 bucks!!

Of course, that was in 1979...

But seriously, I'm the original owner and still have it in the box. I opened it 42 years ago and have taken it out once or twice or dozens of times by now. Still have the dome and the instruction page.

I was lucky enough to pick up one of these for $8 bucks!!

Of course, that was in 1979...

But seriously, I'm the original owner and still have it in the box. I opened it 42 years ago and have taken it out once or twice or dozens of times by now. Still have the dome and the instruction page.
Awesome, take some pics and show it off:)

I'll grab some over the weekend. Unfortunately, my Hot Toys Ripley is in storage but I have another idea on who I can pose him with...

Your restoration looks great, BTW.

I remember this figure! I had a friend that had this bad boy. Lol, tried several times to get him to trade it to me. Of course we were only 7 back then

Thanks!

When I was a kid, I used to play with Johnny West figures -- including Renegade Sam. I always put everything back in the box after play and never lost a piece... until I outgrew them and let my niece play with them. Within an hour, I think, Sam's gun and knife were lost for all eternity...

Back