Kaustic Plastik / Infinite Statue - 1/6 Hammer Horror of Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if anyone else has had a response form Infinite/KP yet, but I explained the situation to them and reached out to customer service. They responded and stated (first) that they could offer me a credit for an in stock item with my NRD, but then later responded and said they would reverse the charge, but it would take a couple of days to show back to the payment method.

I will keep everyone posted. I think moving forward, I will simply keep my fingers crossed that Exclusives will show up on Sideshow. The only thing thus far that has actually been truly exclusive is the big honkin' door diorama that Nosferatu comes with.

EDIT: UNLESS YOU ARE INTO TEE SHIRTS. Those seem exclusive, but I don't care enough about shirts.
That's why I posted the Sideshow link so quickly. Please do let us know what the process is for getting a refund on the NRD from KP.

I too would have gone with Sideshow over KP for my order. Had I waited a day... but that's the thing about offering a very limited number (only 200 units) "web exclusive" directly from the maker, then distributing that allocation to another seller. I just have points and other incentives relating to a 20-year old account with Sideshow that would have been more appealing than ordering from KP. No offence to KP, but Sideshow has history and reliability for many buyers.

I have to say, I don't like the way KP set up this Hammer set with varying items and availability. They've been great in the past about offering their deluxe versions with multiple head sculpts and all extras to every retailer, but this one seems like a fumble. All they needed to do was offer a deluxe version with 3 sculpts and a regular version with 2 to every seller, and then the coffin t-shirts or some other bonus as incentive for buying directly from them.

Hmmm trying to decide on whether I want to switch to Sideshow - I live in the UK.
I like that with Sideshow I can stage pay it or pay all at once depending on my financial situation.
On the other hand KP is in Italy so shipping ought not be crazy.
I'm probably going to be hit with VAT either way.
What do you guys recommend?

Hmmm trying to decide on whether I want to switch to Sideshow - I live in the UK.
I like that with Sideshow I can stage pay it or pay all at once depending on my financial situation.
On the other hand KP is in Italy so shipping ought not be crazy.
I'm probably going to be hit with VAT either way.
What do you guys recommend?
If you are in the UK, I would just stay put and enjoy the tee shirts you'll get. In my case, I just kept thinking of how much hassle there might be if they arrived damaged or got lost. Sideshow may be on the opposite end of the country, but at least its in the same country. Plus, right now I am flush, and paid in full. Who can say if I will have oodles of money a year from now (probably when they are released if there are any delays).

That's why I posted the Sideshow link so quickly. Please do let us know what the process is for getting a refund on the NRD from KP.

I too would have gone with Sideshow over KP for my order. Had I waited a day... but that's the thing about offering a very limited number (only 200 units) "web exclusive" directly from the maker, then distributing that allocation to another seller. I just have points and other incentives relating to a 20-year old account with Sideshow that would have been more appealing than ordering from KP. No offence to KP, but Sideshow has history and reliability for many buyers.

I have to say, I don't like the way KP set up this Hammer set with varying items and availability. They've been great in the past about offering their deluxe versions with multiple head sculpts and all extras to every retailer, but this one seems like a fumble. All they needed to do was offer a deluxe version with 3 sculpts and a regular version with 2 to every seller, and then the coffin t-shirts or some other bonus as incentive for buying directly from them.
I just reached out to customer service and they responded next day. I don't know how long it will take to reverse the charge though.

If you are in the UK, I would just stay put and enjoy the tee shirts you'll get. In my case, I just kept thinking of how much hassle there might be if they arrived damaged or got lost. Sideshow may be on the opposite end of the country, but at least its in the same country. Plus, right now I am flush, and paid in full. Who can say if I will have oodles of money a year from now (probably when they are released if there are any delays).
This is my reason for wanting to go through Sideshow. It's just easier ordering domestically. I know if anything goes wrong, Sideshow is there to address the issue. That, and I'll get my two-pack quicker. Even if Sideshow ends up being a little more expensive (I doubt it), the convenience makes it worth it.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that so far the only US based retailer to get the Exclusive is Sideshow. Other retailers have it up, but not the Exclusive.

So I heard back from KP this morning. They told me they will be issuing the refund 🤟

If Sideshow were to offer these at the same time KP launched the EX reveals, all of this confusion and refunding could've been avoided.
Yeah, a simultaneous release would definitely help prevent issues like this. That, and KP should be more careful what they label "Exclusive". They seem like they're trying to remedy the situation though by issuing refunds promptly, so I commend them for that.

Yeah, a simultaneous release would definitely help prevent issues like this. That, and KP should be more careful what they label "Exclusive". They seem like they're trying to remedy the situation though by issuing refunds promptly, so I commend them for that.
Me too. I ate $40 on an NRD for their Vincent Price statue, after my wife discovered the EX for that was sitting on Sideshow. When the EX didn't show up day 1, and with only 200, I didn't want to risk losing out on the Exclusive pairing and packaging. I have the Sideshow 1/4 scale opened and displayed. I will probably leave these sealed and just display them behind the bigger figures.

When did you contact them. It’s been nearly 2 days for me now and I still haven’t heard anything beyond my confirmation email that my inquiry had been received.
I sent them a message through their contact page on the KP website yesterday and heard back pretty quickly. I think you should shoot them another message.

Apparently KP has two separate contacts. The email at the top of their main page isn’t directly involved in the store portion of the site. They got back to me right quick today after trying that one and they told me to go with the method I went with originally for order specific inquires and refunds. They seemed supportive of my situation though so I think I’ll probably put in my order with Sideshow now and continue to work on my KP order.

Well, I sent Infinite a message yesterday but failed to hear anything back yet.

With the currency conversion won't Sideshow's price be about $110 more in U.S. dollars? Infinite's €500 comes to just over $550 U.S., while Sideshow is listing the set for $665 U.S. There's still shipping and duties on top of that with either of the two sellers.

With the currency conversion won't Sideshow's price be about $110 more in U.S. dollars? Infinite's €500 comes to just over $550 U.S., while Sideshow is listing the set for $665 U.S. There's still shipping and duties on top of that with either of the two sellers.
Currency conversion rates could dramatically change by shipping time so it could be much more than it is now or stay about the same.

Last edited:
Currency conversion rates could dramatically change by shipping time so it could be much more than it is name or stay about the same.
This is one of the reasons why I went with Sideshow too. I paid for it all in advance, because I didn't want to risk it. When I asked Infinite if I could pay in advance, the answer was no.

The two-pack is listed at 610 euros on KP's site currently. However, I noticed that when I paid the initial 150 euro deposit, it was suddenly saying that the two-pack was only 500 euros. I ended up only paying 122 euros for the initial deposit when the transaction went through. I assume the site wasn't including VAT in the prices for some reason (even though it states VAT is included). Must be some kind of programming error. Hopefully KP addresses it, because I imagine it'll cause quite a few headaches. Nobody likes being surprised by taxes.
I'm glad I was able to cancel and order through Sideshow instead. Less confusion!

The two-pack is listed at 610 euros on KP's site currently. However, I noticed that when I paid the initial 150 euro deposit, it was suddenly saying that the two-pack was only 500 euros. I ended up only paying 122 euros for the initial deposit when the transaction went through. I assume the site wasn't including VAT in the prices for some reason (even though it states VAT is included). Must be some kind of programming error. Hopefully KP addresses it, because I imagine it'll cause quite a few headaches. Nobody likes being surprised by taxes.
I'm glad I was able to cancel and order through Sideshow instead. Less confusion!
I've checked numerous times over the last few days and the 2-pack is still currently listed at €500. That price hasn't changed from what I can see.

Here's what I found: The day after the 2-pack went up for sale it was listed at €500. I thought that was a fair price. Thought about it, checked if other sellers were carrying it, they weren't, so I went back to Infinite's site and suddenly it was listed at €610. I thought there might be two different sets with varying extras so I opened another tab, reloaded and checked the URL. Everything was at €610 so I sat on it for a couple of hours. Came back and found it was back down to €500. Checked the URLs again and that was the price so, like many of us, I went ahead and jumped on that price. Since then it has stayed at €500 on my end. A day later it was listed on Sideshow for $665, which converted to over $900 in Canadian dollars for me. Still a reasonably acceptable price for what I pay these days, but I'd rather lock in at €500. If Infinite is so flaky about their web price, my only real fear is they could pop the price back up to $610 at the time of delivery with only the option to follow through with the purchase or cancel and still lose the NRD.

The exchange rate could change, and likely will, but it can't be anything drastic unless we see a major international incident before the end of next quarter. That rate could go up or down by a few points, but likely not more than 5-10% at the very most. I do like that Sideshow's NRD was only 10% compared to Infinite's 24% (on the €500). I also like that through Sideshow I could pay off the balance at any time, in instalments or with points, or whatever. Yeah, even with the increased price I'd have preferred to deal with Sideshow. I hope to hear back from Infinite about a refund, or maybe I'll consider the €120 loss on this one just to switch sellers.

I think we’ve all at least learned not to order from KP directly until Sideshow gets their orders up just incase they’re able to offer the exclusive version as well. Site exclusives are annoying but I get it. It’s just telling us this was a site exclusive and then a day later Sideshow offers it too. If we have alternate options that should be made known ahead of time. I mean I’m thrilled Sideshow is an alternative it’s just having that be a surprise that after most of us got out orders in wasn’t the best way to roll this change out.

Back