Kaustic Plastik / Infinite Statue - 1/6 Bela Lugosi as Dracula - Action Deluxe Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fantastic. Such intensity in the eyes and those hands!

Any idea which characters/licences Dean is hinting at in the first two minutes here?

Well, if we're looking at Dracula-related characters (Van Helsing), that'd have to be Peter Cushing, right? I mean, who else would you make? Which would give us Christopher Lee as Dracula, presumably. Further down, I'm hoping they're working with Karloff's Estate for you-know-who. I mean, if they secured Lugosi, Karloff shouldn't be too hard, should he?

Well, if we're looking at Dracula-related characters (Van Helsing), that'd have to be Peter Cushing, right? I mean, who else would you make? Which would give us Christopher Lee as Dracula, presumably. Further down, I'm hoping they're working with Karloff's Estate for you-know-who. I mean, if they secured Lugosi, Karloff shouldn't be too hard, should he?
I really hope you're on the mark regarding Lee.🙏

Yeah I hope they get Frank and the Mummy! Lee and Cushing would be nice but Frank and the Mummy are musts!

My understating was, and I could be mistaken, that KP got "actor" likeness rights, not so much character license rights. I would think Karloff and Chaney as Frank and WM would be a no-go as those are character likenesses owned by Universal, and not the estates of the actors.

Again, not 100% on that, something I read online.

You got a good point there.

From my understanding, Karloff as the monster is a joint collab between Sara and Universal. Sara can't use Karloff with flat top head and Pierce's make up without the permission from Universal, and Universal can't put Karloff's face in that make up without Sara's permission.
Maybe the same goes with the other monsters?

I believe I saw somewhere that Mondo is making the 1/6 Karloff Universal Frankenstein Monster.. in the same series as the Creature from the Black Lagoon. But that was before Funko purchased Mondo. Who knows what happened to that line now.

From my understanding, Karloff as the monster is a joint collab between Sara and Universal. Sara can't use Karloff with flat top head and Pierce's make up without the permission from Universal, and Universal can't put Karloff's face in that make up without Sara's permission.

I believe I saw somewhere that Mondo is making the 1/6 Karloff Universal Frankenstein Monster.. in the same series as the Creature from the Black Lagoon. But that was before Funko purchased Mondo. Who knows what happened to that line now.
After seeing their MacReady I don’t think their Karloff would be up to the standard the group would be hoping for.

At the time they released the Creature, Brock (I believe?) had said it was a one-off. If he still frequents these boards he might be able to correct me, though. (But MONDO itself might be in a completely different place right now anyways, so... moot point, I suppose.)

At the time they released the Creature, Brock (I believe?) had said it was a one-off. If he still frequents these boards he might be able to correct me, though. (But MONDO itself might be in a completely different place right now anyways, so... moot point, I suppose.)
Ah I see.
Well, their 1/6th Creature is pretty good, so at least we got that one from Mondo. Who knows what's next for their Univ Monsters license.. 😅

After seeing their MacReady I don’t think their Karloff would be up to the standard the group would be hoping for.
I haven't seen the production piece MacReady.. is it that bad?
Sheesh.
I really hope Frank's monster gets made with (at least) the same level as this Dracula.
We all need a proper upgrade for our Univ Monsters 1/6 figures lineup!

Back