Kaustic Plastik / Infinite Statue - 1/6 Bela Lugosi as Dracula - Action Deluxe Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score

Kaustic Plastik

1 hr ·

Join us in celebrating Bela Lugosi's 139th birthday (October 20, 1882). A new masterpiece from Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue will be announced soon! Stay tuned for extra informations!

bl.jpg

Wow, that’s cool. Not a big enough fan where I would buy this, but I definitely am interested in seeing the full reveal.

Wow! Aren’t barbarians and gladiators more their thing? Totally unexpected but a welcome one. Anyone stepping into the Universal Monsters again for 1:6 is amazing news! And the coffin looks great!

Wow! Aren’t barbarians and gladiators more their thing? Totally unexpected but a welcome one. Anyone stepping into the Universal Monsters again for 1:6 is amazing news! And the coffin looks great!

KP moved away from the gladiators and Romans a while back, and since teaming up with Infinite Studio look to be concentrating more on movie icons.

The Italian icon, Bud Spencer, was their first. Their Peter Sellers Clouseau is just releasing now. John Wayne from True Grit is upcoming.

The key to the line so far is that it's the actors' likenesses that are licensed, not the films themselves or the character's they're dressed as.

Lugosi is the first one that has the character and film title displayed, but the rights to the name 'Dracula' are probably different due to the age of it and the Bram Stoker origins (by way of Vlad Dracul).

This could only become a 'Universal Monsters' line if KP/IS managed to get the likeness rights of Boris Karloff or Lon Chaney Jr., etc.

I expect KP/IS' releases to be more random.

Full reveal looks to be tomorrow (Friday 22nd). I still have my SS B&W Dracula but their first couple of 1/6 figures have been stellar. I expect $350+ price tag but will almost definitely get this one. So cool they released the teasers on his birthday.

Looking forward to the full reveal. Hopefully this is the start of a full classic Universal Monsters line:
Dracula
Frankenstein’s Monster
The Bride
The Wolf Man (real fur)
The Mummy/sarcophagus & Imhotep
Creature from the Black Lagoon

Look closely. No where is the Universal logo seen on this tease. I suspect they will be offering a "stage performance Dracula" Lugosi figure. A one off and that's it. The coffin doesn't bear Universal's Lugosi Dracula crest from any of the films. It's an original design crest. So hopes for this to be an new Universal Monsters line, with Lugosi as the initial release, sadly, aren't likely.

Look closely. No where is the Universal logo seen on this tease. I suspect they will be offering a "stage performance Dracula" Lugosi figure. A one off and that's it. The coffin doesn't bear Universal's Lugosi Dracula crest from any of the films. It's an original design crest. So hopes for this to be an new Universal Monsters line, with Lugosi as the initial release, sadly, aren't likely.
I’d be so cool with that!🤙🏻

:lecture

Yes, as I posted above, KP/IS have only been getting actor licenses, not movie licenses.

This Action Deluxe Figure line is essentially actors dressed up in the costumes they were famous for.

This could guarantee more accurate clothing as Universal still like to dictate what colour clothing is. This is why NECA decided to get round that by offering monochrome versions.

"Dracula" with a Barbarian head.

I'm not impressed with Clouseau as a figure for 2021... so expectations are low for this one. Caricature is highly likely.

Back