Kaustic Plastik / Infinite Statue - 1/6 Bela Lugosi as Dracula - Action Deluxe Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was 100% my fault so if they don't cancel I would understand. But....I have not received a response. I'll send another email. Maybe I messed that up as well. I'm a messtrying to pay for the more expensive package, I’m sure they’ll be accommodating.

So is it 100% cetain that the deluxe will be available through Sideshow?
Not 100% but they did post the online exclusive will only be available through them directly, which leads one to believe the standard and deluxe will be available elsewhere eventually.

KP posted this video from Lucca Comics:

Lugosi appears very briefly at 2:13.

Got to say, under these conditions, even behind glass, the paintwork of the sculpt and base is looking so much more natural than in some of the promo photos.

vlcsnap-2021-10-31-19h41m00s292.jpg

vlcsnap-2021-10-31-19h37m39s966.jpg

vlcsnap-2021-10-31-19h37m45s088.jpg

Preorder available from TNS
But still no news from sideshow 🤔🤔

I was looking at the regular version.

TNS' price is cheaper than KP's, and I think KP will add shipping on top too.

KG Hobby is $4 cheaper than TNS, and are offering free shipping.

Don't know who else will offer these. Don't think OneSixthKit has stocked KP/IP before.

EDIT:

I went with KGH. I should've used them before for John Wayne since they had free shipping then too.

Their converted price was $296 or 255 Euros delivered for the regular.

KP's retail price is 269.95 Euros, plus shipping I assume.

I had reward points that had built up at KGH, so that got the price down further. I haven't bought from them in a long while, and noticed that a bunch of missing points had finally been added.

Ordered through KGHOBBY since I had some points to use. Ordered the deluxe set with the coffin. With my points it knocked it down to $286 with free shipping. Would have loved to get the set directly from KP and get the extra Gravestone base and t shirt but it’s close to $400 already before you even add shipping to it. Not sure if an extra $114 over what I paid plus shipping (which will definitely be north of $45/$50) would be worth the gravestone base and a t-shirt. Still jealous of those that can afford to get it. Heck if I can I’d love to get a second regular version and have one in the coffin and one on the magnetic base sporting the different sculpts.

Last edited:
Ordered through KGHOBBY since I had some points to use. Ordered the deluxe set with the coffin. With my points it knocked it down to $286 with free shipping. Would have loved to get the set directly from KP and get the extra Gravestone base and t shirt but it’s close to $400 already before you even add shipping to it. Not sure if an extra $114 over what I paid plus shipping (which will definitely be north of $45/$50) would be worth the gravestone base and a t-shirt. Still jealous of those that can afford to get it. Heck if I can I’d love to get a second regular version and have one in the coffin and one on the magnetic base sporting the different sculpts.

I didn't know they allowed you to accumulate that many points, as the reward program only goes up to 250 HKD / 32 USD.

The only time I got a bigger reduction was when they credited me money for errors they'd made.

The tombstone didn't sit right from the start, because the inscription breaks the fourth wall, being as it's a tribute to Lugosi himself. I prefer my figures to stay 'in character'. :lol

Then it was a choice between standard and coffin. The coffin isn't the one from the film, so I went for the basic figure.

In the film it was a pretty simple looking box:

lf

One of the creepiest and strangest moments in the movie is the Jerusalem cricket that has it's own, even more elaborate coffin!

2r7po8ekoqk71.gif

I didn't know they allowed you to accumulate that many points, as the reward program only goes up to 250 HKD / 32 USD.

The only time I got a bigger reduction was when they credited me money for errors they'd made.

The tombstone didn't sit right from the start, because the inscription breaks the fourth wall, being as it's a tribute to Lugosi himself. I prefer my figures to stay 'in character'. :lol

Then it was a choice between standard and coffin. The coffin isn't the one from the film, so I went for the basic figure.

lf

One of the creepiest and strangest moments in the movie is the Jerusalem cricket that has it's own, even more elaborate coffin!

2r7po8ekoqk71.gif
I ordered the standard for the exact same reason. Plus I knew I'd almost never pose the figure in the coffin, so it would just be sitting there at its feet.

I ordered the standard for the exact same reason. Plus I knew I'd almost never pose the figure in the coffin, so it would just be sitting there at its feet.

The coffin could be an interesting accessory, but I figured it might just get in the way instead!

lf

2r7po8ekoqk71.gif
that's a just a crate. The coffin matches his from in his castle at the start of the film.

that's a just a crate. The coffin matches his from in his castle at the start of the film.

I'll have to re-watch the film. Every time I searched for stills of the coffin it was those boxes that showed up. There were actual coffins but I thought they were from other appearances Lugosi made.

Just found this page, which should be useful:

https://movie-screencaps.com/dracula-1931/page/1
EDIT:

This is his coffin:

dracula-movie-screencaps.com-891.jpg

dracula-movie-screencaps.com-936.jpg

The handles and backplates match the KP/IS, but there's no monogram on the lid. Plus it's also a lot simpler in design than the 1/6.

DeluxeBelaLugosiAF2-1-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
You never see him in a casket until the very end and that's just the crate with his eyes closed just before he's killed. Other than that it's the above hand shot. It's a great looking piece, but for me not worth the extra cash. I'm sure some adept photographers will make it look great.

You never see him in a casket until the very end and that's just the crate with his eyes closed just before he's killed. Other than that it's the above hand shot. It's a great looking piece, but for me not worth the extra cash. I'm sure some adept photographers will make it look great.

For those that maybe display one figure per Detolf shelf, the coffin (and tombstone base) would make a good display as a tribute to Bela Lugosi.

I've never been that clinically minded with collecting and like to display figures together, which means I also fuss over actor/character heights as they have to look correct in relation to one another.

So a coffin wouldn't fit in very well.

Bela Lugosi will end up alongside Christopher Lee.

I usually just go with the exclusive on most things, but on this I just don't see the point of the coffin. So I got the standard from Sideshow.

Mine was parts points cashed in - part credit in HDK from a past order.

I like the coffin and should make for a beautiful display piece. Although I’m wanting to build a slight incline to display it on so it’s not just flat on the shelf and not straight up and down…..maybe something at a 60/65 degree angle. Would be an easy build…🤔

Back