Just Joined!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowtorchbasin

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello! My name is George Goodchild. I am the Supervising Producer and Art Director on The Fairly Oddparents and a new series called T.U.F.F. Puppy. I've been working at Nickelodeon for the last eleven years. Before that I worked at Warner Brothers, Hanna Barbera, Disney, Filmation, and Murakami Wolf Swenson. I was Art Director and Character Designer on the Original Teenage Mutant Turtles. I've been in the cartoon business for 29 years now and it has been a great ride. During this time I have collected a few select pieces and made some good friends in the collectible figure world. I found this forum while searching for Laurel and Hardy sculpts. I am a huge L&H fan! Look forward to reading all the post and learning some new stuff.
Thanks for having me.
GG.

Hello! My name is George Goodchild. I am the Supervising Producer and Art Director on The Fairly Oddparents and a new series called T.U.F.F. Puppy. I've been working at Nickelodeon for the last eleven years. Before that I worked at Warner Brothers, Hanna Barbera, Disney, Filmation, and Murakami Wolf Swenson. I was Art Director and Character Designer on the Original Teenage Mutant Turtles. I've been in the cartoon business for 29 years now and it has been a great ride. During this time I have collected a few select pieces and made some good friends in the collectible figure world. I found this forum while searching for Laurel and Hardy sculpts. I am a huge L&H fan! Look forward to reading all the post and learning some new stuff.
Thanks for having me.
GG.

Welcome, George! I bought the Laurel and Hardy sculpts you are talking about and they are indeed great. I am currently working on putting them on some bodies and assembling their costumes.

I hope you have gotten in contact with Spencer, who created them, and have put in your order. You will not be disappointed. I'd love to see what you do with them.

On another note my son graduated from Parsons here in NYC and is having a difficult time finding a job in animation. Do you have any advice? Much thanks in advance.

Here is an animated short he did for his Senior Thesis:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIj0l3UhaPc[/ame]

Thanks for having me.
GG.

I love L&H too. My late father introduced me to them as a kid in the '70s. Would love to see your L&H collection if you have one.

Welcome to the board! :wave

Hello Jungle Jim,

Thanks for the response. I haven't made contact with Spencer. But would love to! If I'm able to secure a set. I will hand them over to a good friend who will build and pose the bodies and then make the costumes for me.

As far as your son goes, I would recommend an internship at one of the major animation studios. Looks good on a resume and he will meet a lot of people in the business. Have him go online, find the phone numbers for the studios he would like to work at and ask to speak with someone in their internship program.

Best to you!

GG.

wavesmile.gif
:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show, George! :duff
wavesmile.gif

Thanks so much for the advice, George, I'll pass that on to my son. He has interned at "Sesame Workshop" as an undergraduate and worked on "The Electric Company" but any experience is good experience.

As far as Laurel and Hardy go...

You should go on over to the "Customs" section and scroll down to the "Classic Comedians" thread and introduce yourself to "Geronimo" (Jerry) he is the guy responsible for getting Spencer to make the Stan and Ollie heads and has done some really nice work with them.

That's an interesting work history. What filmation stuff did you work on? I loved their Flash Gordon and Star Trek series. I recently re-watched the difficult to find FG primetime movie on youtube, they really were ambitious on that show. People give filmation a lot of crap but they made some gems.

My nine year old girls are big fans of Faily Oddparents.

Welcome to the site!

I was an inbetweener/assistant animator on The Ghostbusters and Bravestarr. Before that, I worked as a Production Assistant on He-Man Masters of the Universe and Shera-Princess of Power. Tell your girls that we are working on a whole new season of The Fairly Oddparents. It's gonna be a great one!

My best to you and your girls.

George

Wow. You did character design on the original TMNT? Sweetness! Would love to see any pick ups you may have kept over the years. Welcome to the boards.

I designed the characters for just about every single episode of TMNT.
I trust you know about the new TMNT series being released by Nickelodeon. It aired last weekend. Turtle fans are loving it!

Best!

GG.

Thanks Kamandi! LOL!!! It's great to know that there are so many fans out there. Send 'em all my way.

GG.

Back