Jurassic World 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thought about why Tim Allen wasn't back was because this wasn't the same Buzz he played? Haven't seen the film yet so can't really confirm to that.

It's like how all the MGS fans were up in arms when Kiefer Sutherland suddenly replaced David Hayter as the voice of Snake. It made sense in the game itself because this wasn't the same person at all.
Yes Venom Snake was a different person and it made sense, but we do see the real Big Boss and he's voiced by Kiefer as well.
They should have recast for Big Boss anyway. Have David Hayter be Solid Snake and someone else be BB in MGS3 onwards.

My thought about why Tim Allen wasn't back was because this wasn't the same Buzz he played? Haven't seen the film yet so can't really confirm to that.
As far as it being a different Buzz, that's BS.. In Toy Story, when they show clips of the cartoons that Woody is a toy from, the voice on the TV show is still Tom Hanks. Same with Jessie. Buzz's voice should be the same. The whole premise of Lightyear is that it's the movie that Andy saw. The movie the toy was made for/from. Just like in real life with toys based on a property. Most toys with voice features use actual sound clips from the movie/tv show they come from. Or the toy company would pay the actor to do some voice clips to ensure authenticity and get the kiddies excited. Making their real life play thing come to life.

Most toys with voice features use actual sound clips from the movie/tv show they come from. Or the toy company would pay the actor to do some voice clips to ensure authenticity and get the kiddies excited. Making their real life play thing come to life.

You only need to sample the current toys out there now that have voice features to see that this is simply not true. It's comical how bad some of these voices are, especially within the Marvel lines.

You only need to sample the current toys out there now that have voice features to see that this is simply not true. It's comical how bad some of these voices are, especially within the Marvel lines.
I did say "Most", not all. I'm sure there are toys out there with terrible voices.

But if a company that was making the toys owned the property, like in this case Disney, they sure would use sound clips from the movie of the original actor.

Tim Allen’s voice has much more character and charm than Chris Evens.

So it was just a bad decision by Disney. I’m sure Tim is a solid enough actor that he could have played it more straight if they wanted.

In all honesty, I don’t care. I thought the film looked dull, boring, and unimaginative and those are some of the criticisms leveled at it.

So not casting Tim Allen saved me some $$$ as I may have gone if he was the voice actor.

Thanks Disney you saved me some cash

First jp movie since the 90s I haven’t seen in theaters. That says a lot. I’m a huge dinosaur fan but this movie just didn’t look good to me.

Yea I know… dinosaurs are a huge draw. Which is why it sucks that more studios don’t make dinosaur movies.

The only other modern films I can think of with dinosaurs as a major part of the plot are King Kong (2005) and The Land Before Time, and even those are from Universal Studios!

I would love a modern day remake of The Land That Time Forgot.

Last edited:
I would love a land before time remake or valley of gwangi. Something tbh. Love jp and everything it did for dinosaurs and my childhood but again people act like no other dinosaur film can top it.

Back