Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that’s the only reason I even own the Explorer set. I went into target last week looking for other things and saw an end cap full of them finally marked down to $25. I wanted the explorer but didn’t care for the whole set at $50, half price finally made it worth it to me!

Yeah, I keep my eyes peeled, hoping to get it discounted at some point when I can swing it. I already have the first Legacy Rex, I don't need another with a different toy paint job, HC Rex and the Explorer is a great combo though.

I know I’m just a stranger on the internet, but if you’re really on the fence about this Hammond Rex, if you have the chance to get it in store at retail price, I highly recommend it. I’m someone that’s very picky about figures, but I’m staring at mine right now and I’m very impressed and thrilled with it. I hope we do eventually get a Lost World Buck version as well, but I wouldn’t let this version pass by in the meantime. This is the best dinosaur Mattel has ever made, probably the best mass produced dinosaur since the 1997 Thrasher T Rex.
I agree with you 100%. I’m actually contemplating picking up a second to keep MIB.
I have really really high hopes for this line.

Got the HC Rexy today from Target. She is spectacular. Easily the best JP Dino Mattel has made to date. Only thing I don’t care for are the eyes. The effect just doesn’t work right. The pupil disappears at a lot of angle and makes her look blind. Nice try but just doesn’t work enough for me. I’d rather she had normally paint eyes instead. Really just a minor gripe as she is well worth full price, which I can’t say the same for most of Mattel’s figures.

Got the HC Rexy today from Target. She is spectacular. Easily the best JP Dino Mattel has made to date. Only thing I don’t care for are the eyes. The effect just doesn’t work right. The pupil disappears at a lot of angle and makes her look blind. Nice try but just doesn’t work enough for me. I’d rather she had normally paint eyes instead. Really just a minor gripe as she is well worth full price, which I can’t say the same for most of Mattel’s figures.
I was hoping the effect would be better in person but I guess not, as I did notice the disappearing pupil in the pictures. Still, it looks incredible and I'll definitely be going for it as soon as I can find one.

I actually really like the glass eyes, it looks like the eye is following you at whatever angle you’re looking at the figure from. I definitely prefer these to having them just painted on, and I hope that for future figures of this scale Mattel continues using them or makes small improvements to them rather than abandoning them altogether. My Rex was in the room with the lights out last night and caught some glare from light in another room and it looked great, really gave the figure in the distance some life.

Experimenting with a more low to the ground pose thanks to the figures complex articulation. Makes the legs look less long and thin in a stance like this, leaving only the oversized feet to stand out.

9017A258-FB5E-4497-B2A7-5DB242189788.jpeg

Experimenting with a more low to the ground pose thanks to the figures complex articulation. Makes the legs look less long and thin in a stance like this, leaving only the oversized feet to stand out.

This a good unboxing/review with new Grant and Gallimimus too:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Wow, this came out a lot better than I thought and I had quite high expectations. I'm almost tempted to purchase two.

Does anybody else think/hope they'll do the T-Rexes from Lost World as well?

Wow, this came out a lot better than I thought and I had quite high expectations. I'm almost tempted to purchase two.

Does anybody else think/hope they'll do the T-Rexes from Lost World as well?
Toy companies these days rarely waste a easy repaint opportunity. Even with a new head or a part or two, it still makes for a very profitable opportunity. So I’d say yes.

I’m starting to worry I won’t be able to procure this Rex for MSRP. My local Target, and those in a 50 mile radius, didn’t receive any stock. My local one said they should be getting 2 on July 15th… It’s such a beautiful sculpt, I haven’t wanted a Rex this bad since I was a wee little lad and saw the Thrasher T-Rex!

I’m starting to worry I won’t be able to procure this Rex for MSRP. My local Target, and those in a 50 mile radius, didn’t receive any stock. My local one said they should be getting 2 on July 15th… It’s such a beautiful sculpt, I haven’t wanted a Rex this bad since I was a wee little lad and saw the Thrasher T-Rex!
Maybe wait for a couple more weeks and monitor BBTS or some online seller. But i’ll definitely say keep an eye on stock levels. $10-15 is no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I “found out” about this toy line too late. Pretty much came back from the movies and googled the toy line and spotted the T-Rex and bought it on the spot. I missed out on all the cool legacy collection stuff like the nedry jeep and the Ford Explorer and the JP1 Beachiosaurus. Had to pay $30 above MSRP for the ford explorer with the kid and the Rex box set.

Maybe wait for a couple more weeks and monitor BBTS or some online seller. But i’ll definitely say keep an eye on stock levels. $10-15 is no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I “found out” about this toy line too late. Pretty much came back from the movies and googled the toy line and spotted the T-Rex and bought it on the spot. I missed out on all the cool legacy collection stuff like the nedry jeep and the Ford Explorer and the JP1 Beachiosaurus. Had to pay $30 above MSRP for the ford explorer with the kid and the Rex box set.
That’s my plan, I keep checking the main retailers to see if they got one.

I feel your pain about discovering too late. It wasn’t until the end of May that I decided to collect this line. I had talked myself out of it for so long, but my wife convinced me to collect them!

That’s my plan, I keep checking the main retailers to see if they got one.

I feel your pain about discovering too late. It wasn’t until the end of May that I decided to collect this line. I had talked myself out of it for so long, but my wife convinced me to collect them!
Congrats on both counts, man. Getting married and having a partner who supports and encourages this nutty hobby. :duff

I'm Blade3327 btw, lol

Are people really price gouging the Tim and Rex set? All the Targets here have a ton of overstock of the set, stacked like 3 deep over 2 or 3 aisles.

It's still full price too.

Are people really price gouging the Tim and Rex set? All the Targets here have a ton of overstock of the set, stacked like 3 deep over 2 or 3 aisles.

It's still full price too.

My local targets (Australia) are out of stock for quite a while now. So I ended up having to get it from an online retailer for what would be about $62USD. Which is above the MSRP and expensive and twice the price of someone who would have bought it on discount for $25.

But not yet ebay price gouging quite yet.

I hope not though. I would like to see a re-release of the second numbered Ford Explorer preferably on its own. Maybe even a Hammond Collection premium version if that’s such a thing with Mattel’s intentions for this line.

Mattel’s JW stuff has never really been hard to come by if you’re actively searching for them. Many can be had on sale at target if you’re patient enough. I really wouldn’t worry about Rexy just yet. She’s a hit so Mattel will be sure to make plenty.

Mattel’s JW stuff has never really been hard to come by if you’re actively searching for them. Many can be had on sale at target if you’re patient enough. I really wouldn’t worry about Rexy just yet. She’s a hit so Mattel will be sure to make plenty.
Pretty much. Thst amber raptor and many more dinosaurs were sold out and now back in stock I keep forgetting this isn’t a limited edition toy this is mass production . We as collectors are very afraid we have a time limit on some things.

Back