Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They went way overboard with the shading on her head. A high-quality paintjob on a toy like this doesn't have to mean cramming unnecessary color.

Will hold out for a TLW Buck version. That one has enough details on the head that they might not bother with extra shading.

I keep hoping for a Rex with the old Kenner colors. I've seen a couple customs like that.

It would be cool if Nanmu ventured into articulated dinos. They haven't yet so they probably aren't interested in such a thing.

They went way overboard with the shading on her head. A high-quality paintjob on a toy like this doesn't have to mean cramming unnecessary color.

Will hold out for a TLW Buck version. That one has enough details on the head that they might not bother with extra shading.
They did over shade the head! I’m gonna get this figure just because I’m worried that there won’t be another Rex; but f there is a Bull I’ll probably sell off this version.

The Hammond Rex has officially been spotted in the wild, but so far only in Australia. Lucky people are already posting in hand photos and Rexy is looking fantastic.

The only unfortunate thing is that they used Dominion paint design not the original Jurassic Park one.
jurassic-world-dominion-feat.jpg

126f6b5f66dba4210142c5f728ea31be.jpg

I should be getting the Hammond collection Rex on Friday. This could very well be THE T-Tex I always wanted when I was growing up as a kid. I remember growing up I only had the velociraptor and the two small one running ones with the mental wire running through it. My cousin had the red rubber T-Rex though but he wouldn’t even let me play with it ahaha.

30 years later…life finds a way.

I keep seeing posts like these and getting more and more jealous as I wait for my own to arrive, haha.
I called a few of my local targets to ask if they had the figure in stock yet, 2 of them flat out hung up on me, one checked the aisle but said they didn’t have the figure in yet, the last one I called said they would only have 2 of them but they wouldn’t be putting them on the shelf/setting up their new floorset until Sunday the 26th so I would have to come in then to get one. I’m very envious of anyone who is just able to wander into a Target and find a dinosaur that’s not even supposed to be on shelves yet sitting in the aisle and purchasable 😛

Got Rex in the mail. Weird section of neck different colour then rest of it. Looks like he has a collar.

Attachments

• 20220623_125431.jpg
    20220623_125431.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220623_125437.jpg
    20220623_125437.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 0
When is bbts gonna put this up for preorder. Is target the only one selling these?

When is bbts gonna put this up for preorder. Is target the only one selling these?
Unfortunately they sold out of their preorders for this within the first week of it being available, it may have even been the first day, I can't quite remember. And then they removed the listing from their site, you can't even access it anymore.

So where else can you get this other than target? Is it just target?
Unfortunately there is nowhere else that I know of where this is available for pre order, even a site where they were charging twice the retail price for it went out of stock recently. If I see it somewhere I will post here to let you know, but when it does come up it sells out again extremely quickly. If you can go to a Target on the 26th, they should be putting them on the shelves at some point that day, and it's probably going to be your best chance of getting one. I wish I had better news :(

Back