Joker cutoms, and modification thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is kind of unrelated to this post but where have all the interest threads gone for custom pieces, there doesn't appear to be any anymore, I've not been posting on the site for a long time so has something changed?

Also scored a DX11 laughing head sculpt off the bay :yess:

LbBuNFb.jpg

d5GUqym.jpg

Can't wait for the body and suit set to arrive to complete the whole anarchist.

Having missed the various HT Ledger Joker releases through the years I decided to put one together on the cheap.
For about $100 I got what I needed; custom clothes and head sculpt on a narrow shoulder body I already had.
I got the head today and I'm quite happy with the way it looks.
I am guessing it may be a HT recast but I wouldn't know which one.
I'll post more pix when the whole thing is put together.

seGLgfw.jpg

I finally got to put my TDK Joker together, and it's fabulous. I used a Worldbox narrow shoulder body, which is high quality and I'd gotten a third party clothing set from a U.S. seller, which my only complaint is that I wish the color of the purple coat is a darker tone like the HT figures. I'd nabbed both DX11 head sculpts (laughing and regular) to complete the anarchist. The shoes from the clothing set didn't fit the Worldbox body's foot pegs since the ball socket was a bit small, so I carved some of the plastic in the shoes out and the foot pegs fit. Now I'm waiting for some third party gloved hands to fully complete the look. I prefer the laughing head because it encapsulates the Joker.

Not a DX11 but my custom Ledger Joker.
It cost me about $100 between the clothing set and the head-sculpt, I already had a body and the gloves.
The coat is a bit on the thick side so some extra futzing will be needed but I'm very happy with the overall look.

KoohRQv.jpg

At long last, my Joker setup is complete. While I liked the purple coat from the third party clothing set, I wanted it to be a darker tone like the film, so I nabbed a DX11 coat off the bay. The third party gloved hands I'd also gotten didn't fit the wrist pegs to I expanded the cuffs using a pen. All in all, it's made up of a DX11 laughing head sculpt, DX11 purple coat, a third party clothing set with shoes, third party gloved hands, and a Worldbox narrow shoulder body.

JDV2LDX.jpg

LRDdezV.jpg

KSs32So.jpg

Photo_25-5-2019_2_23_23_AM__53929.1558725163.jpg

Photo_25-5-2019_2_23_27_AM__60607.1558725231.jpg

$90 at TNS w/ no body. Not a bad price in total IMO, but I think it's crazy how people are going after customs of the figure so long before the movie even comes out!

I have the OG Hot Toys Joker; the MMS 68.

He has a not so great likeness and two broken legs at this point. So I am looking to replace the body, but what would you all recommend? I’ve never replaced or customized anything before.
Would this body be sufficient:
https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=87_88&product_id=289

And what headsculpt would you all recommend to buy? I want a really great one and as I’m looking through eBay I’m not seeing anything that is grabbing me right away. I also need to to be already painted.

Thanks for any help!

I had my first go at trying rooted hair on my bank robber joker...the head i used is one of those cheap PERS system ones that can be found on ebay.

I glued the front part/face into the mask and then layered/glued some lamb hair onto the back half of the head...i then touched up the hair with some acrylic paint and finally added the white elastic. Magnets hold both parts of the head together.

Not the best in the world but i'm happy with the results...

DSC_0934.JPGView attachment 457502DSC_0941.JPGView attachment 457506View attachment 457501View attachment 457500DSC_0816.JPG

Back