John Wick 4 - May 21st, 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3. By eliminating Tracker character use that saved time to show a flashback why Cain (or was it literally Cane) considered JW an “old” friend.
Hmm... I dunno... I liked the tracker. Yet another enigmatic character full of symbolism.

JW did fall a great distance in 2 so i’m not completely bothered by it.

These movies are way too entertaining for me to approach the negatives in a destructive manner especially 4 there is just TOO MUCH PERFECTION to get worked up over the few missteps.
I have resigned myself to viewing the Wick films as a surrealistic dance fable. Like the Baba Yaga Wick is nicknamed after, the movies are folk tales. The long drawn-out legend of Keiser Soze.

“And then he said he would put Fury Road up against JW4….Fury Road”

1679833669233.gif

Hmm... I dunno... I liked the tracker. Yet another enigmatic character full of symbolism.
He should’ve then
Spoiler Spoiler:

That crane car shot in the circle was very cool.

But that overhead explosive round gun fight is absolutely the best gun battle ever put to film.

It truly was an overhead Diablo videogame style scene and is the best videogame anything ever filmed.

Man “Loaded” on the Playstation 1 was so ahead for its time lol

Last edited:
Wait wait wait we need to have a discussion I knew I forgot something in my review OMG how did i forget this.

Ok this took everyone out of the movie in a bad way literally everyone in the theater yelled out with laughter and said “that is stupid!” or “that’s just ridiculous!” or “that’s just too much now!”

Everyone knows what I’m referring to what right…

Spoiler Spoiler:

But again that just goes back to my point about him being a government super soldier.

That is my head cannon now it has to be lol
My dad even cracked me up during that moment by saying "that didn't hurt!" referencing Bobcat Goldthwait rolling down the stairs at the end of Police Academy 2, lol.

I laughed at him pulling out such an obscure and ancient reference and for it actually being appropriate, lol.

JW3 had him comically being thrown through like 17 glass display cases so I just took it as another comedic moment like that.

My son needs to catch up with 1-2-3 so that I can take him to 4.

I love that the JW series doesn’t have to resort to sex and rely on nudity to sell tickets.

Only death against humans lol
When we're binging the first three movies this past month in prep for this release (I had already seen them but he hadn't) he said they were his favorite action movies and even said that "these are like my Die Hards."

I told him that after the first movie that JW was waaaaay better than the DH series.

He should’ve then
Spoiler Spoiler:
His homeless outfit was a both a bit out of place and stepping on Fishburne's vibe. I accepted him though because he provided an excuse to add yet another dog to the series and he had a cool shotgun, lol.

My recommendation to make this a perfect action movie:

1. Tone down JW abuse but cutting out that
Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree. I would also add

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
https://collider.com/the-continental-john-wick-spinoff-release-window-plot-details/

https://collider.com/john-wick-chapter-4-ballerina-ana-de-armas/

New Details on 'John Wick’ Spin-Off Series 'The Continental' Including When It’s Streaming on Peacock [Exclusive]

Producer Erica Lee also talks about when the series takes place, how many episodes they made, and their run-times.

“It's young Winston and young Lance Reddick, young Charon. The showrunners actually came, we heard a lot of pitches and we were debating whether or not we wanted to do a similar timeline of John Wick or an alternate timeline. We felt like doing a prequel, doing an alternate timeline gave us a lot of flexibility just in running parallel tracks. But also what I think people love so much about John Wick and the ‘John Wick’ world are learning about the hotels and the Easter eggs. We give so little about each character and about the hotel in each movie that I think people were really excited to learn more and dig deeper into The Continental like, what does the cleaner there look like? What is the staff like? How do you get into The Continental? How are the gold coins made? So, with this timeline and this setting, we're allowed to do a really deep dive into that and explore a lot of that stuff.”

The Continental Release Date on Peacock
The Continental will have three 90-minute episodes, turning each chapter of the spinoff series into a mini-movie. As Lee now tells us, all three episodes are part of “one continuation,” and there won’t be any time jump between chapters. So, we’ll always be in New York City in 1970, with Colin Woodell replacing McShane as a young Winston and Ayomide Adegun portraying a young Charon. And when will the series be available? “in September,” Lee says.

How Does ‘John Wick: Chapter 4’ Set Up Ana de Armas’ ‘Ballerina’ Spinoff?

Since Ballerina takes place between Chapter 3 and Chapter 4, the movie can explore what happened inside the Ruska Roma family and how they ultimately became a target for the High Table. The spinoff should also expand our knowledge about the Ruska Roma and how John Wick was raised. That’s exactly what Ballerina writer Shay Hatten meant when he said, “I think in Ballerina you'll get to see some of the hints of what John experienced during his origins in that place but through the eyes of a different character. It still solves some of the answers of Wick, just through the eyes of a new character.”

There’s still much we don’t know about the Ruska Roma. Chapter 4 deepens the connection between the crime family and the Catholic Church but never explains it. And while the John Wick franchise explored some of the family’s rituals regarding expelling a member and accepting them back, we don’t know how orphans are chosen to be trained and why the female assassins of the Ruska Roma become ballerinas. Finally, Ballerina can explain the relationship between the Ruska Roma and the High Table.

https://collider.com/the-continental-john-wick-spinoff-release-window-plot-details/

https://collider.com/john-wick-chapter-4-ballerina-ana-de-armas/

New Details on 'John Wick’ Spin-Off Series 'The Continental' Including When It’s Streaming on Peacock [Exclusive]

Producer Erica Lee also talks about when the series takes place, how many episodes they made, and their run-times.

How Does ‘John Wick: Chapter 4’ Set Up Ana de Armas’ ‘Ballerina’ Spinoff?
I'm glad that she wasn't teased in this movie in order to allow for it to

Spoiler Spoiler:

All spin offs will suck.

This series needs one more final movie to resolve all character arcs and if they luck out and it’s as good as the previous 4 then they can go down in cinema history as best action sequels of all time and call it a day.

Having a historical significance of 5 near perfect sequels is way more significant and long lasting than box office profit.

Watching all four in close succession does make the unrepaired car somewhat stick out but if he got it back he would have just immediately destroyed it again, lol.

I think a short scene at the very end where Leguizamo delivers the car and his dog to Winston for safe keeping as a parallel to Winston gifting the car and dog at the end of Part 1 would have been perfect.

Watching all four in close succession does make the unrepaired car somewhat stick out but if he got it back he would have just immediately destroyed it again, lol.

I think a short scene at the very end where Leguizamo delivers the car and his dog to Winston for safe keeping as a parallel to Winston gifting the car and dog at the end of Part 1 would have been perfect.
I bet you they held that back to make people watch the spin offs.

Yuck.

Can’t wait to see Ana D Skinny kill 1,575 highly skilled and armed men in a row with her high heels lol

I kid I kid JW Keanu is also thin framed.

Back