Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are always going to be folks on both sides of the fence. And it's ok to be either. Specifically, with this interpretation of the character, you can go on social media and find every portrait artist under the sun seems to have sculpt this guy at least once (some like 5-6 times) as well as damn near all the well known tailors. All look slight different from each other but all look fairly close to what's on screen; however, there's always ppl who think it's THE most accurate thing they've ever seen as well as ones who don't think it's close enough, no matter the artist/tailor combination. I think what's particular difficult and stings a little is when ppl WANT the item to be the end all be all, but it doesn't live up to their minds eye of what they see on screen. And I totally get it.

It's like with Cavill Superman, I've seen all the costumes up close, no glass and have touched the BvS cape, and no matter what ppl say about the HT figures, they just aren't good enough for me. I think the P1 half scale is the closest I've seen overall and even then, they gave him gold trim on his wrists which he didn't have.

All that to say, I totally get why for some, this is THE TDK Joker to have and why for others it misses the mark. I honestly don't think either person is wrong. We like what we like. For me, WW84 is the best looking JND product I've seen so far in terms of hair, likeness and pose.
I agree. WW is easily their strongest likeness yet. All the others to me for the price are far from perfect. At $2K plus I need much more accuracy and not ‘I know who it is’ or it looks like him. I need, a shrunken down Ledger. Too much room for error for companies to miss the mark and charge this much.

I agree. WW is easily their strongest likeness yet. All the others to me for the price are far from perfect. At $2K plus I need much more accuracy and not ‘I know who it is’ or it looks like him. I need, a shrunken down Ledger. Too much room for error for companies to miss the mark and charge this much.
Yup I totally agree. I know if JND were to make a Jack Sparrow, if it's not a shrunken down Johnny Depp, accurate to whichever of the movies they choose, I would pass even if it's one of my grail pieces to have. Same with the Infinity 1/2 Gandalf...that thing looks nice, but it's not accurate, especially in the smaller details.

I really don't like the hair on this.
I agree, the hairline looks really bad. That's not something that we can change with futzing

People like to think this is the definitive joker, due to the materials used and the price. If I had ordered this I'd probably be trying to justify my purchase too. I just don't get people saying it looks screen accurate, it looks realistic but side by side next to a movie shot, it's nowhere near accurate

I have no skin in this game, but I agree with the comments about the hair as that is my biggest gripe with this piece. I think I like the rest of the statue, but the white make up that's sort of bleeding into the hairline is too clean looking to me and all done in a straight line following the hair line rather than varying degrees into the hair. The color also seems a bit too green (like what most manufacturers seem to do with his hair) and doesn't have enough "yellow" or "blonde" seeping through, if that makes sense. I do think the realism is what makes this thing so cool. Oddly enough, I think the "Fan-Art" statue shown on the first page of this thread looks more like my ideal TDK Joker (especially with some tweaks to colors, etc.) than what's being released and is something I'd be willing to pay $2k+ for.

when i got order him i would say the same he looks 1000% like HL or whatever but anyone who is unbiased
would say this figure is for the price tag absolutely overpriced

I just don't understand people who can't accept that other people like what they see and get over it. It's not like people are dropping cash on this sight unseen. We're seeing a preview of the product, along with the price tag, and placing an order. I don't believe anyone is claiming that it's 100% accurate to the on-screen character but damn if it isn't near-perfect enough for my money and closer than any other company has come in my opinion.

Is it the best Ledger Joker? Debatable
Is the Hairline perfect? No
Did I order it? Yes
The reason I purchased it is that i am a big fan of Cinemaquette, regardless of their flaws. This fits in best with my collection.

Mine has been shipped out so should get it in the next week or two - it's not 100% and I wish the hair was different and that they didn't add the red to the eyes but I'll wait to see how it is in person. I've yet to see a Joker that looks perfect, but this is as close to any that I've seen, especially at this scale.

Then again I'm really not one that will get overly annoyed if something is 1mm longer or shorter than it should be. But yes, with things like the hair, it just seems wrong, the proto was a lot better, but their choice to have every part of the hair painted in green is weird, as it evidently is never like that in any part of the film.

262186276_1075841873210550_6346673123081332955_n.jpg

I just don't understand people who can't accept that other people like what they see and get over it. It's not like people are dropping cash on this sight unseen. We're seeing a preview of the product, along with the price tag, and placing an order. I don't believe anyone is claiming that it's 100% accurate to the on-screen character but damn if it isn't near-perfect enough for my money and closer than any other company has come in my opinion.
That's fair enough, I'm not going to tell people what to spend their money on, but there ARE people saying it is more accurate - which you would expect for the price - which simply isn't true. Just look at the last couple posts for examples of why it isn't true. All joker statues have pluses and minuses, but craggy skin and silicone does not mean it looks more like HL than other companies' offerings. I think this will look amazing in hand and I do enjoy seeing pictures of it, like all JND products, it's just when people assume it's better simply because of price that doesn't make sense to me

That's fair enough, I'm not going to tell people what to spend their money on, but there ARE people saying it is more accurate - which you would expect for the price - which simply isn't true. Just look at the last couple posts for examples of why it isn't true. All joker statues have pluses and minuses, but craggy skin and silicone does not mean it looks more like HL than other companies' offerings. I think this will look amazing in hand and I do enjoy seeing pictures of it, like all JND products, it's just when people assume it's better simply because of price that doesn't make sense to me
Agreed. Saying it’s the best representation definitely isn’t true. It’s the best made statue for sure. Silicone skin, rooted hair, nice suit, definitely the most time consuming Ledger Joker I’m sure. No doubt this will look great in hand and realistic second to none, however are there better sculpts out there? Absolutely. Will other statue companies see this and go above and beyond? Absolutely. I’m holding out hope for QS 1/2 scale. But the QS 1/4 statue knocks this out of the park for sculpt and accuracy. It’s a shame it’s not 1/3.

Agreed. Saying it’s the best representation definitely isn’t true. It’s the best made statue for sure. Silicone skin, rooted hair, nice suit, definitely the most time consuming Ledger Joker I’m sure. No doubt this will look great in hand and realistic second to none, however are there better sculpts out there? Absolutely. Will other statue companies see this and go above and beyond? Absolutely. I’m holding out hope for QS 1/2 scale. But the QS 1/4 statue knocks this out of the park for sculpt and accuracy. It’s a shame it’s not 1/3.
QS 1/4 looks really great too, I agree. Still need to see it in production though. We’ve only getting prototype pieces.

Okay I do like this one, the makeup looks great. The one in the new Batman Statue Collector video looked pretty off in comparison
Yeah the guy from the BSC video didn't take the time to pose it correctly like the CEO of JND showed. This is a sick piece that deserves some time to pose it well, at least the hair and the jacket.

Back