Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im disagree with the most that u write! U have ur opinion, i have my opinion. I dont know whats the problem again.
Im not a big fan of JND i got WW84 and Harley Quinn on PO.. The best sculpt from them was Arthus Fleck imo but the skin tone is arrrgh to orange. Wonder Womans face is really good sculpt from JND and better painted as Prime 1s 1/3 JL or Training Version but the sculpt from Hossein Diba i like it more and looks exspecially from the side as Gal Gadot.
Im not a fan of mixed media, silicon, wool, fabric, pvc, or whatever i love heavy and hard pieces polystone, resin etc.
For a JND Statue, Silicon Bust from QS, Infinity Studio, rooted hair is an dust free Case a must!
I think almost everyone would disagree with you about wonde woman 84 JND, that is the best piece to date. Anyways, I am not comic guy I just collect Heath Joker. No other comics in my collection.

No but for some reason you search me out bro. Its kind of creepy now! Like its a huge forum and for some reason I hear from you about a joker piece. Which like I said I can give two *****. Cuz Ill own all three. Just not the p1 statue. Cuz they have come to let pple down. A lot of there stuff. I have the jungle hunter predator p1 and I got a good piece. But they dropped the ball on a lot of customers on that. So, say what you want but they are hit and miss. When Qs is pretty much hit. JND I love the statue. Ill wait to see it in person. But so far so good. Just say your peace move on. I don't want to deal with you, its apparent we will never see eye to eye so why reply? On anything I say? Just to try to work my nerves? Im a Social Worker dawg, that ain't gonna work.

I collect DC Movie Statues, Star Wars, Marvel, Terminator, Alien, Predator, Robocop, Transformers that are my main areas but exspecially DC 1/3rd & 1/4 scale so it is not surprising that we run into each other again. I got no problem with that bro!

I think almost everyone would disagree with you about wonde woman 84 JND, that is the best piece to date. Anyways, I am not comic guy I just collect Heath Joker. No other comics in my collection.
For sure, but u know that i prefer polystone or hard materials for a statue. JND is a mix between statue and figure.

For sure, but u know that i prefer polystone or hard materials for a statue. JND is a mix between statue and figure.
Thats what I like about JND and QS we get new things. Not just polystone. It becomes more life like and real. I own way too many statues. Predators, star wars main theme. Myers, t2 district 9 Just any movie I loved I have a statue from it like Krampus. All code 3 star wars. Just goes on and on with myc and xion art. Time to make room.

That baggy clothing tho lol.
His coat in the film wasn’t fit thought either. It might be a tad bit large (I’d have to relook at the scenes again), but everything just about on the cost is film accurate.
I do appreciate this video and everything looks really great with this.

Looks fine to me. It’s not a snug, hipster fit but that’s probably not what they were going for.
Selves shouldn’t have wrinkles from being baggy. I agree he had a loose fit but wasn’t baggy looking. More straight fit. Pants being slightly baggy. All these companies have gotten it wrong. Just a shame at this price.

Attachments

• 8EBD8C78-7001-4019-BFB1-7DAA52D6D099.jpeg
    8EBD8C78-7001-4019-BFB1-7DAA52D6D099.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 49
Joker Coat Costume 1.jpg

Proportions seem fine. If you watch the video you can see the weathering to where the lapels normally sit, it's just sitting more open. Sleeves are fine too, I'm sure they can be twisted to match the above

Seeing a lot justifications for inaccuracies and far from a perfect representation of Ledger Joker. If this was an HT figure this would’ve been scrutinized to death I would not stand for this at $2300. But not my money. I’ll wait for the inevitable QS 1/2 Joker for similar price.

Seeing a lot justifications for inaccuracies and far from a perfect representation of Ledger Joker. If this was an HT figure this would’ve been scrutinized to death I would not stand for this at $2300. But not my money. I’ll wait for the inevitable QS 1/2 Joker for similar price.
Or maybe people just think it looks fantastic and screen accurate? No reason that both can’t be true and you can also look forward to the 1/2 scale. I like QS, but their track record recently has been a bit spotty. JND has been pretty spot on so far, but obviously that can change at any moment.

Seeing a lot of hyperbole in this post. Also, if this were a Hot Toys figure it would look like this:

cd75953df023bdbc7df58008d5db85f7.jpg

And I would understand the criticisms at $2,300.

I really don't like the hair on this.
Depending on what your issue is, specifically, you could probably style it in a manner that you prefer. If one were feeling brave.

Personally, I'll leave well enough alone (aside from small tweaks like the ones shown in the previously posted video) though I don't have any particular issues with the hair myself.

There are always going to be folks on both sides of the fence. And it's ok to be either. Specifically, with this interpretation of the character, you can go on social media and find every portrait artist under the sun seems to have sculpt this guy at least once (some like 5-6 times) as well as damn near all the well known tailors. All look slight different from each other but all look fairly close to what's on screen; however, there's always ppl who think it's THE most accurate thing they've ever seen as well as ones who don't think it's close enough, no matter the artist/tailor combination. I think what's particular difficult and stings a little is when ppl WANT the item to be the end all be all, but it doesn't live up to their minds eye of what they see on screen. And I totally get it.

It's like with Cavill Superman, I've seen all the costumes up close, no glass and have touched the BvS cape, and no matter what ppl say about the HT figures, they just aren't good enough for me. I think the P1 half scale is the closest I've seen overall and even then, they gave him gold trim on his wrists which he didn't have.

All that to say, I totally get why for some, this is THE TDK Joker to have and why for others it misses the mark. I honestly don't think either person is wrong. We like what we like. For me, WW84 is the best looking JND product I've seen so far in terms of hair, likeness and pose.

Back