Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many of us in the US are still waiting on Wonder Woman from retailers. Not sure how the situation is in the UK.
I'm still waiting on WW. I've checked a couple of times just to make sure the retailer hasn't absconded with my $.

Am regretting passing on this. Although I may pick try to pick it up eventually and possibly have the hair redone. Given the pics being shown of the Prime 1, the JND may be even harder to get. Oh well, there's always something new.

I'm still waiting on WW. I've checked a couple of times just to make sure the retailer hasn't absconded with my $.

Am regretting passing on this. Although I may pick try to pick it up eventually and possibly have the hair redone. Given the pics being shown of the Prime 1, the JND may be even harder to get. Oh well, there's always something new.
Hair isn't as bad as you think if you mess with it, it looks amazing!!!

Did anyone else get a DUTY AND TAX INVOICE from FedEx from their JND delivery? I just got a notice in the mail from FedEx asking for $140.
Is this normal?

Did anyone else get a DUTY AND TAX INVOICE from FedEx from their JND delivery? I just got a notice in the mail from FedEx asking for $140.
Is this normal?
Yes that's normal. I paid mine through my FedEx online account.

Statue finally arrived and it's been a few hours since I unboxed it. My edition # is 112 out of 888. I gotta say, this thing is unreal. I've seen quite a few in hand pics and video reviews online so I thought I knew what to expect when seeing it in person but damn was I wrong. IMO, even high quality professional pictures/videos don't do this justice.
The rooted hair, the headsculpt, the paint app and the fabric materials are top notch. JND have out done themselves with this piece and I'm proud(and fortunate) to have this in my collection. I can definitely understand the criticisms regarding the hair and even though it's not 100% screen accurate, it looks amazing after futzing around with it a bit. You can feel that the fabric materials are premium especially the coat. As for the weapons, though they are painted well I wish they were diecast instead of cheap plastic. Nonetheless, this is everything I wanted in a Heath Ledger Joker statue and more. I'm not going to sit here and debate whether or not this is better than QS or P1. All three statues are awesome in their own way. If I could, I'd get all three(yes, even with all the P1 production statue drama, I'd still get it). This JND Joker may not be perfect for everyone but it's perfect for me which is why I spent my hard earned money on it and JND did not disappoint.

I'm kinda hesitant on posting pics because I suck huevos(Spanish slang for balls😂) at taking photos but what the hell, why not. Also, I spent most of the time futzing with the hair I forgot to mess with the clothes before taking pics.
20211214_100404.jpg
20211214_101212.jpg
20211214_123427.jpg
20211214_122207.jpg
20211214_162805.jpg
20211214_124124.jpg

Statue finally arrived and it's been a few hours since I unboxed it. My edition # is 112 out of 888. I gotta say, this thing is unreal. I've seen quite a few in hand pics and video reviews online so I thought I knew what to expect when seeing it in person but damn was I wrong. IMO, even high quality professional pictures/videos don't do this justice.
The rooted hair, the headsculpt, the paint app and the fabric materials are top notch. JND have out done themselves with this piece and I'm proud(and fortunate) to have this in my collection. I can definitely understand the criticisms regarding the hair and even though it's not 100% screen accurate, it looks amazing after futzing around with it a bit. You can feel that the fabric materials are premium especially the coat. As for the weapons, though they are painted well I wish they were diecast instead of cheap plastic. Nonetheless, this is everything I wanted in a Heath Ledger Joker statue and more. I'm not going to sit here and debate whether or not this is better than QS or P1. All three statues are awesome in their own way. If I could, I'd get all three(yes, even with all the P1 production statue drama, I'd still get it). This JND Joker may not be perfect for everyone but it's perfect for me which is why I spent my hard earned money on it and JND did not disappoint.

I'm kinda hesitant on posting pics because I suck huevos(Spanish slang for balls😂) at taking photos but what the hell, why not. Also, I spent most of the time futzing with the hair I forgot to mess with the clothes before taking pics.
View attachment 550758View attachment 550759View attachment 550760View attachment 550761View attachment 550762View attachment 550763
Very nice, did you have the case made custom?

Fantastic job! Looks great and fits the statue perfectly.

:clap

Very impressive, congrats

Thanks guys. I got the glass from a local mom & pop glass shop for for about $75 and used the top and bottom MDF boards from an old ikea detolf(with minor modifications made with a table saw and hand router). Turned out better than I anticipated🙂.

Thanks guys. I got the glass from a local mom & pop glass shop for for about $75 and used the top and bottom MDF boards from an old ikea detolf(with minor modifications made with a table saw and hand router). Turned out better than I anticipated🙂.
Ahh I was wondering about that, I actually have an old detolf at my parents' house so I'll tell them not to dispose of it in case I need a custom case in the future, thanks :D

Just messing around a bit. I'm still adamant the JND has the highest quality/realism but the worst likeness to Ledger.

Attachments

• inCollage_20211218_100709880.jpg
    inCollage_20211218_100709880.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 59
  • inCollage_20211218_100910072.jpg
    inCollage_20211218_100910072.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 57
I think the likeness is pretty fantastic - but the comparisons are with a photo of a neutral expression where the other two pieces also have neutral eyes. If you compare his lower face I actually think JND has the more correct nuances especially when taking into account that a furrowed and angered face will create mote wrinkles and folds. There's a reason why most companies don't do expression, because to get full likeness where a face is distorted is incredibly difficult, but on a 360 degree canvas makes it even more so.

I think JND gets the shape of the jawline and the incredibly subtle roundness and curved in his jaw structure to where it meets his cheekbones better. His top half, well, it's a complete different expression, I think overall the likeness is there, if you stare at his nose as the main focal point you can see it come together more.

As for him looking like an old man, he's a semi-balding character and furrowing his brow hard and pulling his cheeks inwards to his mouth creating more folds - more folds and wrinkles and blading are automatically create an older look.

Just messing around a bit. I'm still adamant the JND has the highest quality/realism but the worst likeness to Ledger.
Yep that sums it up

Not having the best likeness isn't the end of the world though, there's pros and cons to all statues. Batman statue collector did a comparison today which I pretty much agree with. To me likeness is the most important thing though, you wouldn't buy a life-size bust these days with a less than 100% likeness. That doesn't mean JND isn't impressive, of course it it

I don't think I could ever buy a life-sized bust. I always think they look slightly off but more than that is they're oversized and not life-sized at all, they're way too big.

Back