JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Bale Batman 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you get the Duo set? If so, you'd be in for a treat.

The exciting part about Harley is definitely the mixed media, I just don't care for the character personally and I think her face came out a little weird.

Pretty excited to receive Batman though. Hopefully we get shipping notices soon.

No just the single. I think the duo is a great idea, but you really need a tonne of space for it and the extra cash. I don't like Bruce Wayne enough as a character to double the price of the item, especially when it would mean down the line I might have a Bruce Wayne instead of a Battfleck, for example, I'd be kicking myself.

Asked JND if they can send mine out at the end of December because the import charges are always high. Very excited to open in January.

Funnily enough my Joker shipped on the 29th November last year, would have been the same give or take this year for Batman.

Are you the duo?

No just the single. I think the duo is a great idea, but you really need a tonne of space for it and the extra cash. I don't like Bruce Wayne enough as a character to double the price of the item, especially when it would mean down the line I might have a Bruce Wayne instead of a Battfleck, for example, I'd be kicking myself.

Asked JND if they can send mine out at the end of December because the import charges are always high. Very excited to open in January.

Funnily enough my Joker shipped on the 29th November last year, would have been the same give or take this year for Batman.

Are you the duo?
Yeah fair enough. Single for me also. Mainly due to price, and also because I didn't like how they were displayed on angles. I'm happy enough with the single Bruce head.

Pretty excited to receive it after seeing the new pictures.

Yeah just saw the new pictures and the Wiki video is out:

Very hyped for this now, both turned out phenomenal. The Batman is definitely the best produced on the market in 1/3, going to look stunning.
I think I have the regrets with Harley because I do prefer mixed media, and the dentures and face for me are stellar on her and the pose is very dynamic and it's very colourful so would have stood out. But I'd be amiss not getting the Dark Knight for sure.

Very hyped for this now, both turned out phenomenal. The Batman is definitely the best produced on the market in 1/3, going to look stunning.
I think I have the regrets with Harley because I do prefer mixed media, and the dentures and face for me are stellar on her and the pose is very dynamic and it's very colourful so would have stood out. But I'd be amiss not getting the Dark Knight for sure.

They turned out great hey. Best representation of these characters for sure. The new paint technique is insanely good. Batman turned out better than I expected.

Any chance you can still get Harley from somewhere? I'm biased, but I'd take Batman any day just because I prefer the character though lol.

They turned out great hey. Best representation of these characters for sure. The new paint technique is insanely good. Batman turned out better than I expected.

Any chance you can still get Harley from somewhere? I'm biased, but I'd take Batman any day just because I prefer the character though lol.

Yeah I'm very impressed by the suit. It's turned a rather quite boring suit interesting, the pose will accompany Joker very well.

Nah not a chance. I had her on order at Spec Fiction all paid up but took a hit on the deposit and had it refunded. The statues themselves are pricey enough as it is, but when you put about £250 shipping plus £440 import and tax on top that's basically half the price of another statue. And I knew I had this on the way in the same month she would have been shipped to me, plus I've got two more payments for The Batman and am paying off Justice League Wonder Woman.

With Superman this month and potentially a Battfleck (really hoping they don't announce it for a long while) I wouldn't have been able to get them all. Plus I don't really like the character, I just think the overall statue is exceptional.

317566820_8309163725822200_1751546301347137830_n.jpg

316673257_8309155922489647_7880252580616263584_n.jpg

316685994_8309156015822971_2058598260866703156_n.jpg

316040409_8309163595822213_3944159381507051516_n.jpg

315602776_8309156159156290_7680024868173993166_n.jpg

316821885_8309156475822925_3862289301428419658_n.jpg

Very happy with these photos. Just grabbed some for Batman, but BW looking very sharp also. Definitely the best edition of Batman on the market hands down. Wiki has some comparisons between Prime and Queen Studios and there's no competition.

The bats looks pretty good but that Bruce face shape and texture is still wonky like the proto.

And what the hell is with the shells over the carbon fiber? It should not be that glossy. It literally pops out the most in every shot, even in the video.

Yeah it should be matte, that has to be a very conscious decision to have done that on their part... which isn't very detail oriented. But then again, I quite like it, makes the suit more interesting.

I'm not a fan of the high gloss kevlar at all. It just takes away from the realism and starts to look more toy-like. I'm just afraid they went this way cause of a choice of material that doesn't react well to matt coat paint.

I really enjoyed this video review of "Petimen":giggle:. It was more in depth than JNDs show and tell. I'm looking forward to it, despite of the high gloss pecs.

I don't think the shiny bits look that bad, and it probably looks good in hand. It's just compared to the real thing that it looks way overdone

Queen got the look of the costume far better

batman-8.jpg

Crazy how they made this suit look like something H.R. Giger designed. The shiny bits and razor sharp lines all across the suit are... something.

I had the QS piece, and while the matte finish on the carbon fibre is more accurate, QS use a paint to achieve that look which actually comes off while cleaning it, which I experienced in a small section.

I prefer how JND did it. Not only does it look better, but no risk of paint damage.

Yeah I'm very impressed by the suit. It's turned a rather quite boring suit interesting, the pose will accompany Joker very well.

Nah not a chance. I had her on order at Spec Fiction all paid up but took a hit on the deposit and had it refunded. The statues themselves are pricey enough as it is, but when you put about £250 shipping plus £440 import and tax on top that's basically half the price of another statue. And I knew I had this on the way in the same month she would have been shipped to me, plus I've got two more payments for The Batman and am paying off Justice League Wonder Woman.

With Superman this month and potentially a Battfleck (really hoping they don't announce it for a long while) I wouldn't have been able to get them all. Plus I don't really like the character, I just think the overall statue is exceptional.
Yeah fair enough man. I'm not a fan of the character either, and only buy statues of characters I love. You made the right choice.

FB_IMG_1669710021755.jpg

FB_IMG_1669709989186.jpg

FB_IMG_1669709995791.jpg

This came out insanely good. They nailed Batman IMO, and the skin paint on Bruce Wayne is insane. It's amazing how much JND have improved since they first started. Never thought we would see this kind of quality in mass produced statues.

I know they took a lot of artistic license with this, but did they give the cowl a mole?

Attachments

• C8AC0F6B-9A8B-4890-8659-2D1BFCCA30A0.jpeg
    C8AC0F6B-9A8B-4890-8659-2D1BFCCA30A0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
I'm not a fan of the high gloss kevlar at all. It just takes away from the realism and starts to look more toy-like. I'm just afraid they went this way cause of a choice of material that doesn't react well to matt coat paint.
The carbon parts look good to me, that is how they look when new so these just aren't weathered much like in the movie. It does not look cheap at all, if anything it makes it look less toy like having authentic looking carbon which most companies can't replicate correctly.

The carbon parts look good to me, that is how they look when new so these just aren't weathered much like in the movie. It does not look cheap at all, if anything it makes it look less toy like having authentic looking carbon which most companies can't replicate correctly.
Let’s not make things up to give a company excuses. The suit was never shiny in the film, we saw it new in Wayne Enterprises and Hong Kong.

What random carbon fiber parts look like unfinished isn’t relevant to accuracy to the film, especially when it’s never called carbon fiber in the film and we can see with our eyes that it’s not shiny.

No release of this character has been truly accurate, this one is no exception. They’ve done an overall poor job of recreating every finish on this suit. On some examples the black is satin instead of matte, the fiber is glossy, and the cape is some sort of microsuede. It’s wrong.

You’re all free to like it but we don’t have to pretend it’s perfect or justify the liberties they took with the design.

Last edited:
Crazy how they made this suit look like something H.R. Giger designed. The shiny bits and razor sharp lines all across the suit are... something.
That is exactly my thought when I see it. It's okay to objectively like something but if it doesn't look like the thing it's trying to replicate, we just have to be honest there

I think this piece looks great as batman but it's defo not perfect, which the price and JND would have you believe

Back