JND studios Robert Pattinson The Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idk man. I think I can see his nose :monkey3

the-office-michael-scott.gif

Last edited:
Batman.jpeg

This will be my next piece after I get Bale Batman in tomorrow. Never noticed the resin rain on the pavement below. What a presence of a statue, absolutely spot-on. That cape is perfect also. The slightly tiled down-turned-eyes-up stare is incredible.

View attachment 618414

This will be my next piece after I get Bale Batman in tomorrow. Never noticed the resin rain on the pavement below. What a presence of a statue, absolutely spot-on. That cape is perfect also. The slightly tiled down-turned-eyes-up stare is incredible.
I have him as well. Super excited about him. Can I ask where you ordered your bale Batman. I ordered it locally in the states and still waiting on mine. Thanks!

I have him as well. Super excited about him. Can I ask where you ordered your bale Batman. I ordered it locally in the states and still waiting on mine. Thanks!

From JND, but asked them to hold sending until January. Local retailers usually get them 3+ months after. I think Spec Fiction only Got Harley in November when she was released in the summer some time by JND.

View attachment 618414

From JND, but asked them to hold sending until January. Local retailers usually get them 3+ months after. I think Spec Fiction only Got Harley in November when she was released in the summer some time by JND.
Yeh I got mine from spec. I got the Pattinson Batman from jnd. How is the shipping and duty if you buy from jnd?

Yeh I got mine from spec. I got the Pattinson Batman from jnd. How is the shipping and duty if you buy from jnd?

A lot, not sure how it works out compared to buying locally, as local retailers usually factor those prices in anyway. Shipping to the UK to me is $270 and then import and tax is about Ā£440.

A lot, not sure how it works out compared to buying locally, as local retailers usually factor those prices in anyway. Shipping to the UK to me is $270 and then import and tax is about Ā£440.
Yeh thatā€™s right. Which is kind of what I expected. Thanks for the info and hope you enjoy the bale Batman

View attachment 618414

Is this a new pic? Looks like it's in someones house? Thought they were ou until the end of the year?

Is this a new pic? Looks like it's in someones house? Thought they were ou until the end of the year?

JND just held an event displaying all of their current and future releases. Check out the video below for footage. They weren't allowed to take imagery of One Punch statue.

Just got my final payment notice in. So going to be released on schedule - I imagine a final product video will be up in the next couple of weeks.

View attachment 618414

Going back to this pic, I imagine this would be jaw dropping in person

JND posted final product photos on their instagram today. The cowled sculpt looks incredible but the unmasked one and ā€œBruce Wayneā€ still look weird. Suit details are very impressive though

The cowl sculpt and overall statue are 10/10 for me, unreal that this level of mass market can be achieved and owned. Very happy I have this coming in.

The unmasked sculpt, I think it's over 90% there. It's incredibly good.

The problem is when you have this level of realism, and there's small things slightly off, the human brain is very good at picking these things up. For some that might kill wanting it.

For me the likeness is so over the threshold for what is great so not an issue for me.

Considering with this piece the head actually came free with it it's a bonus to have.

Will post some pics later this month/early September.

I personally think it's a problem with using silicone. JND are meant to be the best in the business with this material but I don't think it adds anything that looks good IMO. The sculpting on the suit and clothes are amazing - then we have these likenesses that are off and portraits that come out looking overly craggy or droopy. The masked batman looks phenomenal but the unmasked does not. And when you factor in the price, it seems crazy that this is so expensive

I would argue that no statue likeness is inherently "off" - what's considered "off" is the difference between what the artist see's and what the viewer see's. People are always boldly declaring that this or that statue is "off" - completely (and wilfully) ignoring that it's only their perception which is out of whack. Which then beggars the question - what is the value of posting such opinions? I mean, I get it - some people just need to be heard, and have their "opinions" validated by others - but, my God, it get tedious. Not mention, the fact that it just brings down the tone and and excitement for an upcoming piece.

Of course, I'm sure my statements will now be met with the usual accusations of me being a "Stan" or "Shill".....and the counter argument that these complainers are doing it for the greater benefit of the community, and these companies need the feedback so they can improve.....as if these detractors somehow hold the exclusive benchmark for perfection, and all those who actually like the piece are inherently wrong....#rolleyes.

The old saying "if you've got nothing good to say, say nothing at all" rings true, in my opinion. If you don't like the piece, skip the thread and engage with a product you do like. And, if you're one of those deluded individual's who buys a piece and then spends two years praying and bleating about the changes you hope they make to justify your purchase.....what can I say?

Rant over.

That masked version is without doubt the best version anyone has done. A jaw dropping result.

I personally think it's a problem with using silicone. JND are meant to be the best in the business with this material but I don't think it adds anything that looks good IMO. The sculpting on the suit and clothes are amazing - then we have these likenesses that are off and portraits that come out looking overly craggy or droopy. The masked batman looks phenomenal but the unmasked does not. And when you factor in the price, it seems crazy that this is so expensive

That's fair - to be honest the only one that really looks affected by it is Catwoman's cheeks. In person on my Joker, Fleck, Wonder Woman and Bale Batman there's no droop or deformities. The texture in the silicone is unreal, there's pores, in the correct scale, small bumps and texture unique to the actors portrait. Wonder Woman by far has the best portrait, but until you look in hand you don't really see the nuance that the silicone brings.

I think the actual issue is rather the application of paint to the silicone, that was the selling factor that JND were first saying, is tat the'yre able to in-house apply the paint so that it works with the silicone. I think actually that the problems anyone has is maybe how the paint is on it, but in my opinion they paint them to an incredible level. I don't see an issue with the Pattinson head in regards to silicone, the mouth isn't 100% in my opinion, that's about it, you can slightly close the eye lids also, I think he's a bit too wide-eyed, but that's adjustable within reason.

I'm finally able to see the photos on my Mac and not my phone and I could be convinced these are photographs for a costume test.

Back