JND Studios: Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
JND Studios Co. said:
Hey sweetie!

1cHoCTv.jpg

I think judging by the silhouette at the head, it's the original SS loo. She's got two braided pigtails in the new movie which wouldn't create that big of head shape

This will look good, not sure how I feel about the fabric and rooted hair though

Margot had a kickass body in the first Suicide Squad movie. This piece better show that kickass body, too.

This will look good, not sure how I feel about the fabric and rooted hair though
What's wrong with rooted hair and fabric? Looks good on their other peices. Only adds to the realism. Sculpted hair and clothes would make this look terrible.

JND don't do switchouts do they? I think that would be quite a bold move, it's definitely from that scene though
They did on Joker. Switch out hands.

That is the whole purpose of choosing JND their industry leading rooted hair or silicon skin technology.

Paying big bucks for that.

Sculpted hair on JND would look like a crappy Hot Toys toy.

Last edited:
All their pieces are rooted hair and fabric where possible, that’s the point of the company. Not sure why anyone would randomly expect sculpted 5 releases in….

All their pieces are rooted hair and fabric where possible, that’s the point of the company. Not sure why anyone would randomly expect sculpted 5 releases in….
I'm not saying I expect sculpted hair and clothes. However, saying there is more realism in fabric and rooted is forgetting that sculpted can look as good or better if done right. Also for me it is preferable due to there being no risk of degradation, not having to futz it, and it looking like it should straight out of the box

I'm still looking forward to seeing this, don't get upset guys

I'm not saying I expect sculpted hair and clothes. However, saying there is more realism in fabric and rooted is forgetting that sculpted can look as good or better if done right. Also for me it is preferable due to there being no risk of degradation, not having to futz it, and it looking like it should straight out of the box

I'm still looking forward to seeing this, don't get upset guys
True, there are times that sculpted can look really, really good. I used to be all about fabric 100% of the time or as much as possible and felt like when they sculpted it instead of using fabric it was a cop out. But now, probably with digital sculpting, you can really make something look like fabric. I Always go back to the newest Sideshow Punisher PF b/c I feel that is so well done and it's entirely sculpted.

However, I feel like when you have pieces that look as real as these JND pieces do (and even Queen Studios), I think real fabric clothing done right really elevates them to another level. Sure, more care in involved once it's in your display, but to me, mixed media done right looks so amazing on display. It reminds me of going on studio tours, seeing the real costumes on display and replicating that feeling at home.

True, there are times that sculpted can look really, really good. I used to be all about fabric 100% of the time or as much as possible and felt like when they sculpted it instead of using fabric it was a cop out. But now, probably with digital sculpting, you can really make something look like fabric. I Always go back to the newest Sideshow Punisher PF b/c I feel that is so well done and it's entirely sculpted.

However, I feel like when you have pieces that look as real as these JND pieces do (and even Queen Studios), I think real fabric clothing done right really elevates them to another level. Sure, more care in involved once it's in your display, but to me, mixed media done right looks so amazing on display. It reminds me of going on studio tours, seeing the real costumes on display and replicating that feeling at home.
My first PF was the OG harley quinn, I will never sell her, and have others with fabric such as the batman blue and grey PF. Fabric was the reason I was drawn to statues actually, for the same reasons you mention. It depends on the piece definitely but times have moved on and sculpting is so accurate now. Although I do prefer fabric capes lol

Back