JND Studios 1/3 Superman.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s not subtle for those that know the differences :lol

The muscle suit is entirely new with bigger/bulkier muscles and instead of silver chrome painting, it’s mirror chrome on BvS/JL

The blue of the suit is different and the addition of kryptonian glyphs/writing running along the lower shoulder areas

The chest symbol is only the same shape, but it’s a bit flatter on BvS/JL with Kryptonian glyphs/writing.

The line work detail across the entire suit is all new with color changed from a single metallic graphite(or metallic black-it’s hard to tell) to metallic light blue with metallic darker blue outline and Kryptonian glyphs/writing on his wrist.

“Belt buckle” is entirely new from oval to square-ish with ‘S’ symbol inside

Boots are new with double wing tip detailing with a square toe shape and shading to define the lower leg/calf muscles. The MoS boots were also flat I believe where as the BVS/JL boots have a heel

Cape went from a dark red/burgundy, velvet type material to a deep red, patterned fabric.

I believe that’s all of them but this is just off the top of my head so there could be other differences

Last edited:
Yeah I think that might be my biggest issue with it-- It just looks a little too much like he's wearing a muscle suit in those movies. His proportions seemed a bit more natural in MOS, even as big as he was.

In fact I would even take his black MOS suit over any of the BVS/JL suits. Although I know that's definitely not going to happen.

ef951bd447b82173fe9bd8af50ebbc0c_1.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, the reason that his muscles looked more natural in MoS is b/c the costume department used his real muscles from the body cast to create the muscle plates where as in BvS/JL, they sculpted their own if I remember correctly. Plus they were more segmented into individual pieces in BvS/JL as well.

This would be really tough because I do think Henry's best look as Superman is in Man of Steel.
He looked more natural, I also love the darker colors and burgundy velvety cape.
But His BvS or JL is more Iconic. Its like he is finally SUPERMAN in these films where as Man of Steel, he is still finding his place in this world.

Its like Batman Begins and Dark Knight. Bale's Begins Suit spanks the hell out of his DK suit, but the DK suit is more Iconic as he wore it both in TDK and TDKR.
I wish Bale would have worn Begins suit in the final battle with Bane.

As much as I would love MOS representation, If I was to have only one, part of me feels his BvS or JL would be more iconic.

I agree. Not going to lie, I would probably still get it if it’s the BvS suit. But it would definitely grind my gears some if they later made an MoS version :lol

Yeah I suppose they could be considered subtle, but I'm just really not a fan of the shiny metallic blue with silver showing underneath on the later suits, as it seems too showy for Superman and makes him look too much like some armored up action figure. Lol
I didn't even know it was the colour that was different :lol I was looking at other little details. I can see that it does pop a little more on the later suits, but I honestly never noticed.

For me I'd be happy with a statue from any of the films tbh, I just want the character.

It’s not subtle for those that know the differences :lol

The muscle suit is entirely new with bigger/bulkier muscles and instead of silver chrome painting, it’s mirror chrome on BvS/JL

The blue of the suit is different and the addition of kryptonian glyphs/writing running along the lower shoulder areas

The chest symbol is only the same shape, but it’s a bit flatter on BvS/JL with Kryptonian glyphs/writing.

The line work detail across the entire suit is all new with color changed from a single metallic graphite(or metallic black-it’s hard to tell) to metallic light blue with metallic darker blue outline and Kryptonian glyphs/writing on his wrist.

“Belt buckle” is entirely new from oval to square-ish with ‘S’ symbol inside

Boots are new with double wing tip detailing with a square toe shape and shading to define the lower leg/calf muscles. The MoS boots were also flat I believe where as the BVS/JL boots have a heel

Cape went from a dark red/burgundy, velvet type material to a deep red, patterned fabric.

I believe that’s all of them but this is just off the top of my head so there could be other differences
Thanks for this. I noticed some of these details (like the buckle and the boots) when doing comparisons online after this thread, but I didn't know about the others, even when comparing pics online lol. I just couldn't see it.

To me this is all still subtle though, as it mostly still looks the same to me. A drastic change would be how the Batman Begins suit changed to the Dark Knight suit, which was a completely different design, but I'm also not a big Superman nerd so maybe to me these changes are still subtle while to others they're not. I like both versions of the suit though.

These are the shots that convinced me (besides overall quality of JND in general). Some people are saying the head is to long too long but I believe is the focal lens of their camera, as you can see in the shots the head is more of a match with Cavill

Attachments

• FF282C97-D8B6-48D2-9606-A055898E4CED.png
    FF282C97-D8B6-48D2-9606-A055898E4CED.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DBAE19C7-C5CE-4ADE-A338-A8371ACD1145.png
    DBAE19C7-C5CE-4ADE-A338-A8371ACD1145.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • D01B2AC9-F006-43AA-8A31-577600AE44AF.png
    D01B2AC9-F006-43AA-8A31-577600AE44AF.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
These are the shots that convinced me (besides overall quality of JND in general). Some people are saying the head is to long too long but I believe is the focal lens of their camera, as you can see in the shots the head is more of a match
Unbelievable sold out in four hours…
Hello Sandrokamina - actually sold out faster than that, only took half of that - 1hour and 57 mins

Attachments

• D4381B31-C473-41EB-8450-E15BAFB2EE43.jpeg
    D4381B31-C473-41EB-8450-E15BAFB2EE43.jpeg
    452.9 KB · Views: 0
Back