JND Studios 1/3 Superman.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remy

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
JND just hinted their upcoming statue this year.

Its a superhero.
Its a male Superhero.
He's the most powerful Superhero
The actor played the witcher.

Aside from Battinson, I said the only other JND statue that I would be tempted to get is Cavill Superman.
I'm screwed.
My wife gave me the ok to get JND Battinson,
but I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to get an Ok to order another JND in a matter of months.
Was hoping if they did Cavill, it would be next year so it would be spaced out ok.

Part of me is hoping its the black suit. lol
But if its the blue suit, I am in trouble.

Last edited:
I was excited when I heard Daniel mention it in the video, but also terrified simply b/c it could be the one character that makes me get a JND piece. If it is the black suit, then I'm in the clear as well, as I don't want that suit at all. But if it's blue?? Oh man, I just might have to go for it. And then if it's the Man of Steel version, then it's pretty much seals the deal. It'll have to be my one and only Cavill piece but if it were to turn out great, it would be worthy of being displayed with my autographed pic. And many 1/6 pieces will need to be sacrificed :lol

Last edited:
Yeah if it's the MOS suit it'll be a no brainer, as it's from his best movie and just looked so much better and sleeker on him. I'm honestly pretty tired of the BVS/JL suit by now so will have a much easier time passing if that's the one they use.

66f804617cdf8d1527130922aad826a6.jpg

I excited when I heard him mention it in the video, but also terrified simply b/c it could be the one character that makes me get a JND piece. If it is the black suit, then I'm in the clear as well, but if it's blue, oh man, I just might have to go for it. If it's the Man of Steel version then it's pretty much a must. It'll have to be my one and only Cavill piece but if it were to turn out great, it would be worthy of being displayed with my autographed pic. And many 1/6 pieces will need to be sacrificed :lol
Yeah man, I went from super excited, to going Oh crap.
As I mentioned, the only other JND statue that I would be tempted to get is Cavill Superman.
If they tease him and its the blue Superman that I have to have, I might have to cancel and eat my deposit for JND Battinson, because if I have a choice between the two, I would prefer Cavill Superman.

I was hoping if they would do Cavill, its after I get my Battinson.
Then I can have some time to save up.
Since switching my collection statues, there's still several statues on my radar that I want to acquire.
So I cant just get two JND statues back to back.

So on on one end, I'm so freaking excited. But at the same token, I'm kinda hoping that it might be one I can pass up and keep my Battinson PO.

Yeah man, I went from super excited, to going Oh crap.
As I mentioned, the only other JND statue that I would be tempted to get is Cavill Superman.
If they tease him and its the blue Superman that I have to have, I might have to cancel and eat my deposit for JND Battinson, because if I have a choice between the two, I would prefer Cavill Superman.

I was hoping if they would do Cavill, its after I get my Battinson.
Then I can have some time to save up.
Since switching my collection statues, there's still several statues on my radar that I want to acquire.
So I cant just get two JND statues back to back.

So on on one end, I'm so freaking excited. But at the same token, I'm kinda hoping that it might be one I can pass up and keep my Battinson PO.
Well if we're lucky, maybe Cavill Sups will be the last one announced of the 2-3 products that finish off the year 😅

It all depends on how it comes out in the end, though. So far, almost no Cavill statue or figure has completely blown me away unless it's one of the custom ones by Owen and a few others. The P1 1/2 scale was very tempting until I saw repaints and then the stock lost it's luster. I've always really wanted to like what's come before and was very forgiving of them. But it would be nice to not have to customize one from the get go. And all things considered, I'm more than sure the custom 1/6 ones are about the same price as what the JND would be if not just barely shy. That's at least how I'm logically trying to justify it at the moment :lol

Damnit, I was hoping they'd release characters I don't care for. I imagine this will be BvS Superman, as they're definitely going to be doing BvS Batman and Wonder Woman. Unless they're planning to do them further down the line. MoS seems the obvious choice along with Black Suit as it fits their theme of going for an alternate version of a character. But I definitely see them doing the trilogy.

Can't wait for others who don't own a JND piece to get one of their favourite characters as it. You'll be blown away!

Hopefully they'll be doing real fabric over his shiny under armour. Damn, at 1/3 scale with the detail they put in it'll be stunning to have that elastic patterned blue over a shiny chromatic plated armour. No doubt they'll blow it out of the water. Hopefully a nice thick draping fabric cape also. We'll be in for a treat!

Last edited:
I recently got my first JND piece in Selina Kyle and it's amazing. I have Harley coming soon which looks even better. The other two statues I'd love from JND would be a Pfeiffer Catwoman and Wonder Woman (BVS/WW'17) BUT Cavill Supes from BVS and BVS Batman are the ultimate looks for the trinity in the Snyderverse, I'll be very tempted.

So glad to hear JND will finally do Cavill Superman. This is one of those pieces on my "absolutely must have" list so I'm all in as long as it's not the black suit version.

I cannot say it will be an easy pass for me but it will be a pass. Considering prices I think I have no choice to stick to Batman Collectibles.

If suit is MoS suit, then it will make me feel better about a pass. If it is from BvS, the hope for the trinity will make it a difficult pass.

I cannot say it will be an easy pass for me but it will be a pass. Considering prices I think I have no choice to stick to Batman Collectibles.

If suit is MoS suit, then it will make me feel better about a pass. If it is from BvS, the hope for the trinity will make it a difficult pass.
Definitely. as awesome as they are, if it's the black suit or the MoS suit, it'll be easier to pass on it. I just know when it's shown though, it's going to look amazing. Damn you JND, I can't afford all this cool ****. I'm kinda wanting them to do Marvel so I have zero interest.

Although I admire collectors enthusiasm for the announced JND Superman and previous releases sadly for me I will not be purchasing any more JND statues.

So far 3 of my 4 JND statues have arrived with faults. Firstly the Joker arrived with a detached foot, one of my 2 Wonder Woman’s arrived with missing paint on the right hand and finally Catwoman arrived with issues on the Stiletto heel.

Additionally I am also disappointed with the material used for the accessories (plastic) and the overall body.

However, their statues do have a presence and imho are the best representations of the character made to date.

If you are impressed with the prototype images particularly the face/head sculpt then you will be impressed with the production piece as so far what you see is what you get.

If you decide to purchase Superman I would recommend if possible to buy direct from JND as their Customer Service will look after you if the statue arrives with faults or damage. However, if you are buying from a retailer make sure they are authorised as if they are not JND will probably not assist.

Last edited:
Yeah if it's the MOS suit it'll be a no brainer, as it's from his best movie and just looked so much better and sleeker on him. I'm honestly pretty tired of the BVS/JL suit by now so will have a much easier time passing if that's the one they use.

View attachment 590838
I didn't even know the suits were different until this thread lol. I had to google them afterwards. Differences seem subtle? unless I'm missing something?

I didn't even know the suits were different until this thread lol. I had to google them afterwards. Differences seem subtle? unless I'm missing something?
Yeah I suppose they could be considered subtle, but I'm just really not a fan of the shiny metallic blue with silver showing underneath on the later suits, as it seems too showy for Superman and makes him look too much like some armored up action figure. Lol

Yeah I suppose they could be considered subtle, but I'm just really not a fan of the shiny metallic blue with silver showing underneath on the later suits, as it seems too showy for Superman and makes him look too much like some armored up action figure. Lol
I agree. I hope JND does the MOS suit but I won't be mad if it ends up being BvS or JL suit becuase it'll be better than the black suit or nothing at all.

Back