JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings Balrog Original art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings- SAURON TEASER!

Gandalf is finally back from the framers. Here's the pic of #1.

I believe the Exclusive edition is around 12 x 18 or so, but I'm not 100 % on that.
I'm not locked in on my sizes just yet, but at this point I am thinking that the Canvas Giclee Sauron will be 20 x 27 ( plus gallery wrapping area all around ), and Paper Giclee Sauron 17 x 22. There may be an "Ultimate" Canvas version that is full - sized 30 x 40 inch as well! It depends on if there is a demand :)

JV

I'm sure that due to the size and cost of an "ultimate" version demand will be limited, but that is definitely the version I want. :)

Yes, within 48 hours I should have the whole image unloaded. For now, I can say that the artwork itself has Sauron atop a cliff, looking toward the West, with Barad-dur about 8 miles off with Mt. Doom in the background.The cliff he is standing on has battle debris scattered about with Numenorian and Elven Skeletal remains and rusted armour, bones, chains, a morning star and thorn vines. Oh, and cracks of glowing lava with wisps of sulferic smoke in places. On top of this, Sauron's armour has all the embossed thorn scroll-work on his armour, all over. :)

JV

I just thought I would share this description of the Sauron print as provided by Jerry elsewhere.

Now this teaser pic will tell a bit more about the pose, at least where Sauron's arm is concerned. Enjoy : )

Sauronteasesceneryandarm.jpg

JV

Appears he's standing somewhat straight up. Interesting.

Quote : "Appears he's standing somewhat straight up. Interesting".

Well, he's certainly not jumping :lol Sauron is not exactly a "fluid" character....... he's in armour after all :lecture

JV

You mean he's not doing jumping jacks? :( :lol I was really looking forward to that. :lol

Nah, I'm thinking somewhat standing tall in a museum Esq type pose.

Little something something I bashed up. Hard to tell where to put the mace pic, so I left it out. I'm thinking the foot goes a bit lower though. Cannot wait for the full reveal.

sauronjpg.jpg

Little something something I bashed up. Hard to tell where to put the mace pic, so I left it out. I'm thinking the foot goes a bit lower though. Cannot wait for the full reveal.

sauronjpg.jpg

:clap

I was JUST hoping that someone would put those together! Nice work!

MAN, this is going to be gorgeous!

Need ... more ... wall space!

This week for sure you'll see it all : )

JV

Can't wait, It looks great! Maybe a preview with the newsletter this week?

I hope it's just a "I'm standing here like a bad ass contemplating some Hobbit soup after a day of killing anything that I saw breathing", stance.

That's about the best guess anyone's had yet.......

Perhaps in this teaser, Sauron's very presence on the ground causes it to break apart. I like to think that Sauron's presence alone causes the dead flesh of the fallen to quickly evaporate, leaving only bones and rusted iron. Just a thought!

Sauronrightfoot.jpg

Looking good! Man, a light up feature for the lava cracks would be so incredibly nice. Thanks a bunch for the sweet teasers! :buttrock:

SS seems to love skulls on the bases, bet they're eating this up. :panic:

Just seemed totally appropriate for this theme ; )

JV

Back