Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batwing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing is just eating me up. The Batwing...only Joost can give this to us and probably the only chance I'd have to get it. I'm usually the "just buy it and figure out where I'll put it when it get here" attitude but this thing.... Aargh!!! I can't decide. Even as a wall mount, I can't find the space for it.

This thing is just eating me up. The Batwing...only Joost can give this to us and probably the only chance I'd have to get it. I'm usually the "just buy it and figure out where I'll put it when it get here" attitude but this thing.... Aargh!!! I can't decide. Even as a wall mount, I can't find the space for it.
I hope you figure out something because this thing looks incredibly impressive

Even if I would love HT to release this batwing for a matter of space and budget, there is a part of me that knows that you’re probably right…:cry:
Sometimes I say to myself that Batman 89 is the pinnacle of my collection. My grail.
The best experience in a theater.
I could easily sell a good part of the rest of my collection in order to finance the batwing and just keep the Batman 89 line but that price is killing me…
I’ve checked on Joost website and with the strong US Dollar, 20% VAT and shipping it’s now 3 200 € delivered …:(

Even if I would love HT to release this batwing for a matter of space and budget, there is a part of me that knows that you’re probably right…:cry:
Sometimes I say to myself that Batman 89 is the pinnacle of my collection. My grail.
The best experience in a theater.
I could easily sell a good part of the rest of my collection in order to finance the batwing and just keep the Batman 89 line but that price is killing me…
I’ve checked on Joost website and with the strong US Dollar, 20% VAT and shipping it’s now 3 200 € delivered …:(
I agree with you about the movie. I was always a batman fan, but the 89 movie was special. Up until that point, batman was really just a childhood memory of "good guys" and super heroes, and some old comic books I had held onto. Once that movie came out, it brought batman into the mainstream culture again, and in a spectacular way. It was actually cool to talk about batman again. Plus, the movie was really awesome. I actually took my wife to that movie and she loved it, probably as much as I did. When you can bond with your wife over a batman movie, it doesn't get much better than that ;)

It's terrible (and unfortunately, predictable) that HT does these sort of teasers with no intention of producing the vehicles that they are showing off. The people that have a passion for the item they're sporting get really excited at the prospect of getting something that touches some part of their past and brings them joy. It becomes an emotional rollercoaster when they get to the end of the ride only to realize that there's nothing to be had. Unfortunately, you can't figure out it's not going to happen until you wait long enough to give up on it - HT just keeps stringing everyone along. I know it's a terrible experience, and it's equally disappointing to watch. I suspect we're going to see the same thing with the 22 batmobile and several of the other "coming soon" items they displayed at the last convention.

I have absolutely no insight into what the actual paying demand of the 1/6 batwing looks like, so I can't really anticipate whether or not Joost would entertain producing this in 1/12 scale. I assume there's some sort of correlation he can forecast using some percentage of the 1/6 demand (assume being the key word). If you could see yourself paying roughly 50% of the 1/6 scale cost, 1600 Euros in this case, then there's nothing wrong with reaching out to him to plead your case and maybe he could do some type of survey to see if there is enough demand. If you don't see spending that kind of money on the 1/12 version, then I wouldn't waste either of your time. Hopefully, you can get this in 1/12.

BTW - your battle damaged batman is the stuff (y)

Thanks a lot for the BD Batman! ;)

Yeah you’re right, it’s always frustrating when HT shows something like that and may never produce it…even if I’m confident it would sell very well.
The market has changed a lot since 2012. Batman 89 is now saw as a classic and the collecting hobby is not the mini niche it was back the time.
The psychological financial budget of collectors have raised a lot from 10 years.
With Joost, Mars Toys 89 stuff interest, no doubt the 89 line would have a better success from HT.

Anyway, if nothing pops up in the next months, we could maybe ask to Joost if it could be possible for him to produce in 1/12 scale…

And once again yes, personally having 8 years old in 89 and experienced Batman in theater was one of my best memory…

Yeah that’s right. The Joost’s one will certainly be more accurate and improved compared to the HT one.
At 2K on eBay yeah it’s a no brainer to wait Joost’s one.
But it will be a 1 800 $ limited signature edition.
If HT manage to keep the prince under 1K, circa 900 $, the game changes.

But HT may never re-release this Batmobile so Joost’s would be the only possibility Or HT is waiting the Joost’s announcement to reissue its one..

So many scenarios and possibilities with HT…
🤔

Last edited:
I have had 2 of the HT 89 batmobiles and although they were groundbreaking at the time, their toy like and plasticky quality is not up to standard and knowing HT they will just release the 89 without making much changes like paint apps or proportion wise like their Batpod and Tumbler reissues.
I am excited for Joost's when he announced it. I have his (JL Mobile, have his 66 Batmobile paid off and his 89 Batwing paid off) and the JL Mobile is a thing of beauty that looks like the real vehicle shrunken down. Just the paint apps alone makes it stand out.

I have had 2 of the HT 89 batmobiles and although they were groundbreaking at the time, their toy like and plasticky quality is not up to standard and knowing HT they will just release the 89 without making much changes like paint apps or proportion wise like their Batpod and Tumbler reissues.
I am excited for Joost's when he announced it. I have his (JL Mobile, have his 66 Batmobile paid off and his 89 Batwing paid off) and the JL Mobile is a thing of beauty that looks like the real vehicle shrunken down. Just the paint apps alone makes it stand out.
Thank you so much. I’m honored.

Joost, can a 1/12 Batwing 1989 could be considered by you after the reveal of HT summer showcase?
I mean, we are numbered here who can afford or don’t have space for the 1/6 and we know the HT one is probably a convention piece that may never see the light of day.
🤔

what do you guys expect will be the cost ALL-IN for the Jazz 89 Batwing shipped to East Coast USA? - shipping, taxes, fees...ect

On the website, if you buy it right now, it's $2499USD and $313.32 estimated shipping. I'm sure shipping will fluctuate. For US Import duty, using an HS code of 9404.90.9500 (Toy - 7.3%), the duty is $182.43. The total is just shy of $3K at $2994.75 FOB.

I bought mine really early in December of 2019, and got in before all of the price increases. Total landed cost will be under $2500.

On the website, if you buy it right now, it's $2499USD and $313.32 estimated shipping. I'm sure shipping will fluctuate. For US Import duty, using an HS code of 9404.90.9500 (Toy - 7.3%), the duty is $182.43. The total is just shy of $3K at $2994.75 FOB.

I bought mine really early in December of 2019, and got in before all of the price increases. Total landed cost will be under $2500.

For some reason, I don't think duties apply to toys. I've read elsewhere that toys marked $800 and higher don't get charged for duties even with couriers.

Back