Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batwing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rondesmo

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

just thought that there wasn't a thread for this monster.
I'm not one of the future lucky owners but wanted to create a dedicated place to discuss about it and where you will post pics in the future.

https://jazzincdioramas.com/product/premium-1989-batwing-in-1-6-scale/
I saw on the Jazzinc website that the mesurements are fluctuating from 71,8 inches width and 62 length on the update °3 video to approx 52 and 45 now on the website description page.
For those who pre-ordered it, have you got the final size mesurements?
If i remember correctly the Toynami one was 1/8 scale and it is listed as about 27,5 inches width and 23 long.
So which one is correctly scaled?

And an other note, when i used to talk with Joost at the beginng of the project the price was listed to 2420$ including shiiping to France.
Now it is listed at 2720$ excluding shipping. 450$ for the US and 260$ for EU.
For those who already pre-ordered, did your bill changed?
Do you thinh the recent WB licence changed the deal?

I got an email back from Chiara on August 26 and she said they were currently sticking by the definitions on the website page, at least for the time being. Those measurements are 44.92 x 52.4 x 14.5 inches. She stressed that those measurements are an estimate, just because the design isn't yet finished.

I've also seen Joost's comments about the 71 x 62 inch measurements, which is what prompted my email. I guess we'll see the actual size as he gets further down the design path. I'd prefer it to be smaller, rather than larger, but I'll be happy either way so long as it's true to the scale.

As far as pricing goes, the website still shows $2249, not $2720. if you didn't pre-order it before all of the WB interaction, there was an additional increase for the licensing fee (now included in the price), which is only fair. I was fortunate enough to have paid for mine well before that, so there were no additional fees charged to me. At the time I placed my order, there were only going to be about a dozen produced, but I think the actual production numbers are going to be well beyond that.

I know Joost tends to post more in his facebook group, so maybe someone who goes there can provide some more information.

Personally when I go on the website, it is listed at 2,721,29$ exactly.
Yeah understand, it would be maybe easier to be smaller but even at 45 x 52, it will be gigantic!

Last edited:
Ok, talked with Chiara from JAZZINCand she confirmed me that the dimensions will probably be the smallest ( 44.9 x 52,4).

And unfortunatly confirmed also that they don't have plans for a 1/12 Batwing for the moment.

This video resparked my desire for a 1/6 scale Batwing.

It also goes to show how the color is actually more of a polished black-silver.

I watched that video and the prop has a lot of weathering that the Jazz Inc. does not have.

Yeah good point.
Do the guys who ordered the 1/6 batwing know if it will be accurately painted like the real prop, or it will be just black?

For the moment it’s just a 3D prototype images, production did not begun so this is maybe why there is no weathering appearing...

Last edited:

Ok, re-watched this video and something bugged me.

This original prop is presented as a 1/4 scale. But did not seeems really gigantic for a 1/4.
And in my memories the Batwing was indeed width but rather short and compact.

So if the dimensions below are reliable, it confirms the fact that the Batwing is wider but shorter than the Batmobile:

If we take the example of the Batmobile with 21,7 feet, 43 inches if we divided by 6, so it matches more or less with the 39 inches of the 1/6 Hot Toys Batmobile.

If we take the same ratio with the Batwing, the 18,3 long and 21,3 width feet would give 36,6 and 42,6 inches at 1/6 scale.
the JAZZINC is 44,9 and 52,4...

And the 1/4 original prop is probably 54,8 x 63,8 inches.

If we look at the 1/8 Toynami and its 23 x 27,5 inches, it also more or less matches with the 27,4 x 31.95 inches of a 1/1 batwing divided by 8. And it clearly appears shorter than the car on the pic:

I think the Jazzinc Batwing is closer and even larger to a 1/5 (that should be 43,9 x 51 inches) than a real 1/6 scale. Actually it is between a 1/5 and a 1/4.

So, the 1/6 Batmobile will be out of scale and a dwarf compared to this 1/6 Batwing while the car is supposed to be longer.

So what do you think guys? The Zazzinc 1/6 Batwing could be overscaled?

Last edited:
Ok, got my answer.

I re-watched the update 3 video and he uses the same source material to get the true scale:

Initially, he admits that a true 1/6 scale Batwing would be approx 92 x 108 cm ( 36 x 42 inches)

but because he is not sure a DX09 figure would fit inside, he decided to enlarge the cockpit and consequently the entire vehicle.

So we go from 36 x 42 to 45 x 52 inches...

It bugs me a little bit.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not criticizing neither denigrate joost's work. He is really a kind and talented guy and what he already achieved is phenomenal but if Hot Toys manged to fit the figure in the car that is 4 inches shorter that it should be, why Joost can't?
I mean, maybe by removing the figure's boots, like for the car, it would have worked... without enlarging exaggeratedly the sculpt?
I'm sure that 80% of the future owners ordered it to finish the HT 89 line and to pair with the Batmobile.
If i put 2700 $ + shipping in a prop, i would expect that it should be at the good scale.

Now there, it's not a 1/6 Batwing anymore but a 1/5 scale. ( 1/4,8 to be exact...)

:rolleyes:

Michael Keaton is 175 cm ( 68,9 inches)
Divided by 6 is 11,4 inches and the figure is approx is 11,8.
So it is quite perfectly scaled.

Spanbauer:
Yeah you’re right the HT Batmobile is just a little bit higher than it should be but almost non noticeable because based on the original dimensions it would be 8,5 inches height at 1/6 and it is actually 9 inches. So not a big deal.

Maybe the height of the cockpit of the Batwing could have been increased very slightly in the same way without changing the rest of the scale of the vehicle?

Just for the record, I put together that images back in 2012.
I searched the scale data everywhere possible and put that together. I did find some conflicting info, but went with more credible ones.
Anyways, here is an updated version.
BatmobileSizes.jpg

Thanks for the update! :)
From profile, the batwing is clearly shorter than the Batmobile.
And is almost 2 feet higher, so at 1/6 scale 4 inches higher.
Easier to fit the figure in than the car IMO.

Last edited:
Just by curiosity I’ve checked the dimensions of my AMT kit. ( Pic not mine).

It is listed as a 1/25 scale but with 11 x 13 inches, it is more or less a 1/19 scale.
But it is perfectly scaled in terms of length and width.

Last edited:
I just paid off my Joost batwing.. I think he's doing his best to make it scale.. however I don't think even the prop we saw in the Savage video was ever ment to be a certain scale.. was made for detail shots.. except for the 2 ft one for the crash scene. I think the prop store guy was guessing or that's kinda sorta what they called it.. with no 1/1 to go by who to say what's scale.

Congrats for your future batwing!
You know everyone is sure that Joost is doing his best but I just noticed that from the start of the project the measurements have increased strangely.
The initial measurements were the ones you could find above that makes the Batwing shorter than the Batmobile in terms of length.
The width is supposed to be equal to the Batmobile length.
If you look at the pic of the studio scale, you clearly see that the Batwing is a short vehicle. Shorter than the Batmobile.

Still convinced that it will be over scaled and will be closer to a 1/5 than a real 1/6.

Congrats for your future batwing!
You know everyone is sure that Joost is doing his best but I just noticed that from the start of the project the measurements have increased strangely.
The initial measurements were the ones you could find above that makes the Batwing shorter than the Batmobile in terms of length.
The width is supposed to be equal to the Batmobile length.
If you look at the pic of the studio scale, you clearly see that the Batwing is a short vehicle. Shorter than the Batmobile.

Still convinced that it will be over scaled and will be closer to a 1/5 than a real 1/6.
I'm not sure about 1/5 but it is clear that it is over scaled, but like you said before, it's to ensure the figure fits inside

Back