Jazz Inc - 1/6 1966 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, me too. I just got the email for shipping notice this morning. But I notice there is no tracking number... I sent them an email asking about that, as with such a big expensive piece, I'd really like to know the ETA.

itscoming-elf.gif

My order is scheduled for late November as well so maybe by Xmas? That would be sweet.

What's the shipping cost to the US turning out to be?

Does Jazzinc charge tax? If so, the deluxe would be right around $2,000.00
There is a person here that would deprive me of my testicles were I to dare to
purchase this. At least if I could tell her, "But they don't charge tax." Then maybe
she would let me keep one testicle. :LOL:

purchase this. At least if I could tell her, "But they don't charge tax." Then maybe
Tax depends on where you live - for people in the US, no.

The original price on the deluxe was "only" $1300 so with shipping the total would be more like $1500.

Yes. No tax for US residents.

For example here in France, everything that enters on the territory is subject at 20% VAT.
So for me the Deluxe 66 would be 1 800€ + 150€ shipping = 1 950€.

As in ~free ?

I can understand what Karamazov wanted to mean
As I said just above, for example, for me, as a French guy, the 66 Batmobile would cost me 1950€…
For a guy like me who bought his first 1/6 vehicle 590€ ( HT 89 Batmobile) almost 10 years ago, 2K seems outrageously expensive.
I would say that the good price for this kind of product would be 1 000 - 1 200$. But I know that Joost doesn’t have the same manufacturing ressources that a big company.
Even if the products are now licensed, we can still consider him as a prop maker rather than a company and we all know that products from a prop maker are expensive.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that it’s overpriced. It’s beautiful and congrats for all you guys that ordered it.
But it’s always frustrating to see so good products and can’t be part of the trip.
It’s the problem of these kind of forums or FB.
We hype ourselves, we create the need and want to create the same collection than what we see.
But honestly, this kind of products are a niche in the niche and 70 to 80% of the collectors don’t have access to it.

Personally it’s an easy pass for me as I wasn’t fan of the show even if I consider it as the second best Batmobile just behind 89,
But, as a 1989 Batman hardcore fan, when Joost will present his 1989 version, I know what’s going to happen.
I will shiver, sweat, and build impossible scenarios in my head to finance it. Especially since it looks like it will be a signed and numbered version, so maybe even more expensive.
It's not so much a question of budget because I have more than enough cash to pay for it, but I promised myself to stop burning money in this hobby which took up too much space.
And finally, the whaow effect of the HT which has been constant for almost 10 years will vanish almost immediately at the sight of the version of joost which, I have no doubt, will be a marvel.
sometimes I think to myself that I would have preferred that joost never do it, I would have kept my HT which satisfied me. Everything would have been simpler.
but sorry I digress.

Once again, congratulations to all future owners of the Batmobile 66.
it is a fantastic piece.
you have been orphans for a long time but your patience has been rewarded!

If you've watched the behind the scenes videos Joost posted showing all the immense amount of work that went into building, painting and sanding these cars (and with only a small amount of people), I'd say the price is completely justified on this. But obviously it's still a very expensive collectible and not going to be for everybody. Especially in the shaky economic times we're living in right now.

Yeah nobody can’t deny the amount of work and passion behind this project.
It’s very expensive but not saying it not worth the price asked.
Still congrats for the owners!

Yeah the work put into this definitely justifies the price, we have been rewarded for the long wait. I’ve wanted this since teased by HT around 2014 when I started collecting in this hobby. Started with 89 Batmobile as my first piece. Ecto one is probably still the most expensive piece I own until I get the eventual 89 batwing by Jazz.

"Look at this beautiful Batmobile that I WON!!!" ;)

Looks like people who order now will be in the 5th batch. So does that mean the deluxe is very close to selling out?
I am trying to put a plan together so that I can order this without having to go through a divorce. :LOL:

Why have some posts from Jazzinc been removed? They had answered one of my questions here in the thread.
Not trying to start trouble, just curious.

Last edited:
I have the money, but not the space unless my special lady friend moves out, I've been trying to get her out for about 6 years though so...I suppose I could find a bigger house but I feel that would make the problem worse.

Back