Jackdaw Torturer (Drax)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, this is not simply a recast of the the Hot Toys Drax with a vest on?
That would be my guess. It even has the exact same rocketlauncher and daggers as accessories. I'm even willing to bet the accessories you see here in the promo pic are actually the Hot Toys ones. They look EXACTLY alike. Boots look like a recast as well. Only the wristguards seem to be new/original.

Nothing quite as sweet as seeing garbage third party figures.

A6F24DAC-0DEE-4795-A511-B07E822A223A.jpeg

That would be my guess. It even has the exact same rocketlauncher and daggers as accessories. I'm even willing to bet the accessories you see here in the promo pic are actually the Hot Toys ones. They look EXACTLY alike. Boots look like a recast as well. Only the wristguards seem to be new/original.
Thanks, that’s what I thought, I’m not sure how I feel about that. If I could be confident that we are getting another Hot Toys Drax I would just wait

I mean to be fair, the proto is a bit wall-eyed.

Nothing that can't be fixed in hand if mine shows up that way, though.

walleyes.jpg

walleyes2.jpg

I did, for that price, Im willing to take a chance and see what its like rather than wait 4 years for the Hot Toy one from vol. 3. Gonna have to jump on it fairly quick of you want 1 as the pre order window was supposed to close yesterday. Still showing on OSK though

Last edited:
I did, for that price, Im willing to take a chance and see what its like rather than wait 4 years for the Hot Toy one from vol. 3. Gonna have to jump on it fairly quick of you want 1 as the pre order window was supposed to close yesterday. Still showing on OSK though
Yeah thanks, I knew that the pre-order window was supposed to close soon …I think I will go for it, it’s just such a gamble with these Third party companies, the Proxima Midnight figure I bought has made me very wary.

Yeah thanks, I knew that the pre-order window was supposed to close soon …I think I will go for it, it’s just such a gamble with these Third party companies, the Proxima Midnight figure I bought has made me very wary.
It is but then its a gamble with any figures even some Hot Toys as well. I dont mind dropping $30 as a deposit, can always decide when you see in hand pics when its released There is negatives with every figure I own whether its artuculation or not fully accurate. As long as the paint job is as as close to those pics i will be happy. Hes going to be posed and in the midst of others anyway so i dont mind. Cant be any worse than anything licenced star ace is putting out! Dont think anyone is touching soosoo toys at the moment for quality and being unlicenced.

Too risky of a pre-order for me. Its money that I can put towards something more guaranteed. I bought Proxima Midnight and am sorely disappointed so Im staying away from 3rd-party figures until actual blogger photos come out. They seem to be cutting corners, especially newer 3rd-party companies.

It is but then its a gamble with any figures even some Hot Toys as well. I dont mind dropping $30 as a deposit, can always decide when you see in hand pics when its released There is negatives with every figure I own whether its artuculation or not fully accurate. As long as the paint job is as as close to those pics i will be happy. Hes going to be posed and in the midst of others anyway so i dont mind. Cant be any worse than anything licenced star ace is putting out! Dont think anyone is touching soosoo toys at the moment for quality and being unlicenced.
Yeah you are right, I suppose it is always a gamble when you buy these figures. But as @TheBatman pointed out maybe it is too risky.

I don’t have a huge collection like some guys on this forum. I have 39 figures (in hand) at this point, of those 37 are by Hot Toys and 2 are third party figures (Heimdall & Proxima). So even though there is always risk, in my limited experience there seems to be an acceptable floor with Hot Toys. By that what I mean is that even the worst Hot Toys figure I own (probably AOU Vision) is far superior to my third party Proxima. So even though I realize that third party companies are certainly capable of making good figures like Heimdall it seems to me that their floor is much lower than that of Hot Toys. For instance I don’t think Hot Toys would ever allow something as bad as the Proxima Midnight figure to leave their factory.

That said, I’m going to sleep on it and if I decide to pick this guy up I’ll see if it’s still available for order on OSK. I really want a Drax for my collection and the pictures of this one look pretty good.

Back