J.J. Abrahms Star trek Anyone?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sephiroth1990

Super Freak
Reaction score
never been a big fan of trek until the last two movies, like the tone and feel he has done with them. that being said i think collectors would love to see some pieces out for them. i love Khan in into darkness, PF of that would be sweet, also would love to see figure of the ships, the dread-naught class one was sick. would even be happy if hot toys made some figures even though I'm more of a statue guy. thoughts anyone?

never been a big fan of trek until the last two movies, like the tone and feel he has done with them. that being said i think collectors would love to see some pieces out for them. i love Khan in into darkness, PF of that would be sweet, also would love to see figure of the ships, the dread-naught class one was sick. would even be happy if hot toys made some figures even though I'm more of a statue guy. thoughts anyone?

That would be Cool would that be Young Khan or Older Khan? the ships would be nice but not at the prices some are offering to us, I would mind seeing a Defiant Class either :goodpost:

Benedict cumberbatch khan was what i would hope for, though the older khan in star trek two would be cool as well. yeah i imagine those ships would be the destroyer of wallets.

into darkness was a great movie! i don't get how it was ranked as the worst star trek movie ever by trekkies! maybe i'm not a star trek fan and i don't get it...but i thought that movie was really entertaining!

As a long time Trekkie and huge fan of the original series, I loved Star Trek Into Darkness! :rock

Some old time Trekkies are just old fogies set in their ways. :lol

Big time TOS fan here. I love all the incarnations of Trek but TOS has a special appeal for me. It's where it all started and I think it was a ground breaking show for it's time and the stories still hold up well today for the most part. The Blu Ray sets with the updated FX rock!!

While I liked Into Darkness, I think the movie would have been better served with a more original story. I really don't want to see retreads of what's already been done with a few minor changes here and there in these new Trek movies. They should be new adventures with these characters imo.

Take a look at QMx's offerings on the ships. I believe they did the models for the latest of the two. Prices are insane!

I was considering getting their USS enterprise from the JJ movies. When I contacted them to place an order though they said they weren't taking them anymore. Apparently they are low on man power to make these things.

Chris

Big time TOS fan here. I love all the incarnations of Trek but TOS has a special appeal for me. It's where it all started and I think it was a ground breaking show for it's time and the stories still hold up well today for the most part. The Blu Ray sets with the updated FX rock!!

While I liked Into Darkness, I think the movie would have been better served with a more original story. I really don't want to see retreads of what's already been done with a few minor changes here and there in these new Trek movies. They should be new adventures with these characters imo.

Agreed, as much as I liked Star Trek Into Darkness, a new original story would have been good to see.

I was considering getting their USS enterprise from the JJ movies. When I contacted them to place an order though they said they weren't taking them anymore. Apparently they are low on man power to make these things.

Chris

Really? Well, I wouldn't be surprised. They seem extremely detailed and time consuming to make.

Thats why SSC should get behind this, the have the man power, they could scale the model down so it wouldn't be so expensive. plus if they did a mold of it the cast in polystone i think they could make it look great and plus more affordable than 10G's. They really should pick up trek altogether new and old, there's a definite market for it.

again, i'm not a star trek fan, but i know and understand there are legions of trekkies out there, yet it astonishes me that there are barely any high end star trek collectibles out there, especially in 1/6 scale! i heard it had alot to do with the licensing rights belong to several different parties hence making it difficult to actually get things approved. not sure how true that is.

If Sideshow was to produce PF from the new movies, besides all the main characters I'd like to see Gaila from the first movie! :drool

Gaila_(Orion).jpg

I'd like to see her too. Several times. Pop a bottle of red, put on some Swedish piano jazz, some wood on the fireplace.

Oh, there I go again...

:)

Back