It's a GUNDAM!!! - all things gundam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll answer this one outright: RX-78-2 Unleashed. Hands down the most fun, enjoyable, and relaxing build I’ve ever done.

In fact, my own word of caution is not to go too fast, savor the layers of it you build out, and that no build after it has made me remotely as happy. You chase those highs, but I need another Unleashed quality build in my life.
Well, I found out Entertainment Earth has them both up for preorder. Perfect Strike in January and RX-78-2 Unleashed in March so…maybe both? I have some thinking to do…😅

Been watching Iron Blooded Orphans for the first time which got me back in a Gundam mood. Now I need a Barbatos kit. My GU Shenlong came and my HG Shenlong is on the way. So here's some Death Scythe in the mean time

XlNNUCL.jpg

Mecha Modeller since about 1993 or so here.

my very first GUNDAM kit was VICTORY GUNDAM's HG 1/100 "V-Dash"
found at a Comics'/Collectables' Shop in 1997;

My first MG came shortly after... about late-1998 or so;

And i've scarcely missed a beat since. Today, i've QUITE the Backlog going;

my first gundam was a 1/144 wing gundam way back when i was a wee lad and i've been collecting off and on ever since.

currently i'm pulling my hair out trying to get the metal structure nu gundam. even the bootleg is expensive now because bandai is an awful company.

Took my toddler to see both the life size Gundams in Japan couple months back and he always points at pictures saying " 'obot! "

So, now I am looking for a toddler safe Gundam figure (something very simple, no small parts etc and little to no articulation, something he can hold and play with and hopefully affordable. any suggestions??

Took my toddler to see both the life size Gundams in Japan couple months back and he always points at pictures saying " 'obot! "

So, now I am looking for a toddler safe Gundam figure (something very simple, no small parts etc and little to no articulation, something he can hold and play with and hopefully affordable. any suggestions??
the bandai spirits line has some cheaper options. from my experience they can take a little abuse, just would be a matter of finding the suit you think would be best:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/233129?o=4
they also usually have a fair amount in target as well.

man the last metal structure nu gundam ended at over $2,000...i'm just gonn have to suck it up and get the daban kit.

the bandai spirits line has some cheaper options. from my experience they can take a little abuse, just would be a matter of finding the suit you think would be best:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/233129?o=4
they also usually have a fair amount in target as well.
Will check it out though I suspect my toddler might be a bit young for anything with swappable parts. Maybe something like a super simple vinyl figure if they exist.

Judging by what i've gleaned from Online Reviews alone... it is in fact going to be FABULOUS.

at any rate, i'll be Living the Dream first thing in January...
Take your time. It’s a masterpiece. I loved every second building it.

Will check it out though I suspect my toddler might be a bit young for anything with swappable parts. Maybe something like a super simple vinyl figure if they exist.
they have some vinyl stuff but the problem is given the nature of the suits there's still gonna be relatively sharp angles. maybe if there's a rick-dom or something lol.

they have some vinyl stuff but the problem is given the nature of the suits there's still gonna be relatively sharp angles. maybe if there's a rick-dom or something lol.
after lots of searching I found no affordable vinyl figures sadly, but I did settle on one of the standard action figures that looked quite simple (GUNDAM INFINITY RX-78-2) which based on pics seems to be sturdy enough and with not so many small pieces. my kid doesn;t suck on toys or whatever but he does sometimes throw them while playing so if it can survive that he will be good.

anyone know how to get PG Perfect Strike? Seems gunpla is hard to find in stock these days

I have been collecting Gundam model kits for a while as I really enjoy the process of assembling and adding little details. I find it totally relaxing and soothing. Taking advantage of the Chrismast holidays, I took the time to finally display my modest HG collection in my custom cabinet.

IMG_20231225_122106.jpg

IMG_20231225_122232.jpg

IMG_20231225_122241.jpg

IMG_20231225_122334.jpg

IMG_20231225_122346.jpg

IMG_20231225_122354.jpg

IMG_20231225_122447.jpg

IMG_20231225_122506.jpg

IMG_20231225_122512.jpg

IMG_20231225_122537.jpg

IMG_20231225_122647.jpg

IMG_20231225_122624.jpg