It's a GUNDAM!!! - all things gundam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leo Patrol

bVl7emA.jpg

So maybe I've just been away from Gundam for a while, but what the hell happened to the collectibles scene? MSiA is now Robot Spirits and the prices are more than twice what they used to be. Almost all of the worthwhile kits are Bandai exclusives now and they sell out instantly. And to top it off, Bandai even stopped sealing their kits in plastic; now they're either just plainly exposed boxes or they have useless cross-bands to secure them, which does nothing but eat into the cardboard. And those prices. For any veterans who have stuck with it over the years, when did things begin to change?

paqtWcJ.jpg

So maybe I've just been away from Gundam for a while, but what the hell happened to the collectibles scene? MSiA is now Robot Spirits and the prices are more than twice what they used to be. Almost all of the worthwhile kits are Bandai exclusives now and they sell out instantly. And to top it off, Bandai even stopped sealing their kits in plastic; now they're either just plainly exposed boxes or they have useless cross-bands to secure them, which does nothing but eat into the cardboard. And those prices. For any veterans who have stuck with it over the years, when did things begin to change?

paqtWcJ.jpg

Yeah, there have been a bunch of changes. I haven't kept up with exclusives but I think many of the Hi-Resolution kits as well as the ver Ka kits are regularly available on sites like amiami and BBTS. The kits that do get sold out are eventually restocked... the figures are pretty expensive, though.

Has anyone seen a Gundam pencil case like this?
I used to have one like this that I THINK had gundam on it, that had fold out legs to stand it up on end...
But my klepto family stole it when I had my stuff in storage (along with a lot of other stuff)
jpc A01.jpg
jpc A03.jpg
jpc A02.jpg

man i really want to get the new metal build Hi-Nu but at that price it should've been 1/60 scale. no idea why we can get 239,492 version of Unicorn Gundams every 10 mins and still no PG Nu/Hi-Nu.

Hi all! I’ve dabbled in gunpla on and off in the past and am looking to start up in earnest. I’ve built Entry grade all the way up to MG before. Looking to build a few more MG before I dip my toes into PG… I also ever just assembled the kits, haven’t panel lined or devalued any of them. That will soon change as I’m going to start doing both even on some of my older kits sort of as an experience builder for the newer sets.

Anyways, this leads me to 3 very important questions and I figured this would be a great place to ask.

Is there a list of kits that have decal sets or is there a good (i.e. reputable) place to order them? I would like to limit the amount of stickers I need to use as they look not the best and can fray and peel over time.

What is the consensus best PG to build? I’m deciding on either Perfect Strike or RX-78-2 Unleashed? Any other recent stand outs that aren’t super hard to acquire?

Finally in the case of sticker use, is there a best way to apply a clear coat over the sticker itself to help preserve the application, but also not end up looking like crap?

Thanks for any advice and I look forward to being around here more often!

Hi all! I’ve dabbled in gunpla on and off in the past and am looking to start up in earnest. I’ve built Entry grade all the way up to MG before. Looking to build a few more MG before I dip my toes into PG… I also ever just assembled the kits, haven’t panel lined or devalued any of them. That will soon change as I’m going to start doing both even on some of my older kits sort of as an experience builder for the newer sets.

Anyways, this leads me to 3 very important questions and I figured this would be a great place to ask.

Is there a list of kits that have decal sets or is there a good (i.e. reputable) place to order them? I would like to limit the amount of stickers I need to use as they look not the best and can fray and peel over time.

What is the consensus best PG to build? I’m deciding on either Perfect Strike or RX-78-2 Unleashed? Any other recent stand outs that aren’t super hard to acquire?

Finally in the case of sticker use, is there a best way to apply a clear coat over the sticker itself to help preserve the application, but also not end up looking like crap?

Thanks for any advice and I look forward to being around here more often!
You may find more help with your questions in the 'Customs - How To' section:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/forum/customs-how-to.57/
Hope this helps.
Shell.
Xx :duff

I’ll answer this one outright: RX-78-2 Unleashed. Hands down the most fun, enjoyable, and relaxing build I’ve ever done.

In fact, my own word of caution is not to go too fast, savor the layers of it you build out, and that no build after it has made me remotely as happy. You chase those highs, but I need another Unleashed quality build in my life.

Back