It would be great if...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say that I’m still really disappointed but not at all surprised that HT abandoned the MIS line. Across three years they really kicked some goals .... Bruce Lee figures. Sigh.
With all the brand jumping the Bruce Lee license does, has anyone ever produce a proper compatible 1:6 Lee, Kelly, Saxon trio?
6drkp6.jpg

?

66 batman and lynda Carter already have collectibles as they are the most popular, check out prime 1's upcoming ww
It is a shame HT didn't give us the four rogues from 66 Batman. They would've been incredible surrounding our caped crusaders! The Romero Joker they previewed was outstanding... Sigh.
-Batman 66 continue the line: the four lead rogues- Joker(Romero), Catwoman(Newmar), Penguin(Burgess Meredith) Riddler(Frank Gorshin). And Barbara Gordon/Batgirl (Yvonne Craig),
-Green Hornet (Van Williams) and Kato (Bruce Lee) were done as Captain
That was frustrating. I've wanted 1/6 66 Batman "and classic Trek" as long as I can remember. Rogues and Batgirl would have been awesome to display next to my Batman and Robin.
Watching the ambitious EXO-6 starting to crank out their Trek Line particularly the expansion of 66 STOS series figures, makes me wish a similarly committed innovator had snagged the Batman 66 line, and was offering to go deep into the Batman 66 Rogues Gallery.

Also a proper 1966 TV Green Hornet (Van Williams) and Kato (Bruce Lee) in the same style.
tghtifneq0u71.jpg

Last edited:

The appeal of the "classic" characters/icons is for those of us who actually "know" and "respect" the source material. The majority of the current generation of 1:6 collectors having zero . . . clue let alone "respect".

For the record; I wouldn't expect anyone much younger, or much older than me for that matter, to automatically "know", "respect" or "have a clue" as to why some "classic" TV character is significant (to me). Or even less expect them to care.:lol

Just listing as per the thread theme, characters I would want. :wink1:

As to Lynda Jean Cordova Carter, absolutely with you there. :wink1:

I remember being surprised to see how close Lynda Carter, Christopher Reeve and Michel Keaton, (even though her show was a decade earlier) were in age:

Christopher Reeve (born Sep 25, 1952
Lynda Jean Cordova Carter (born July 24, 1951
Michael Keaton (born Sep 5, 1951

All just one year between them, and during Keaton film era between 89-93 she still looked great for her age and respective part.

Imagine if someone at WB could have had the foresight or vision, with the already established characters, (and some needed costume updates) could have right there launched a shared DC U starring their then most recognized Trinity.
7atttw.jpg

6dwz3z.jpg

7atx8x.jpg

Surprised HT (or a third party) hasn't added her to this trio. EDIT: QMX ^ almost?

6xlxwj.gif

6dx7qc.gif

Another classic 70s TV trio I would want, ^before there was Han, Leia and Chewie,
there was Steve, Jaime and Bionic-Space-Sasquatch

And again The Sovalo Trio - Kwai Chang Caine (David Carradine), Jonno Marcado (José Feliciano), Trim Delaville (Cannonball Adderley).
I wouldn't expect or demand anyone younger, or older to really "know" why they are significant, "respect", or care about them. :lol
6dwsnc.gif

Last edited:

With all the brand jumping the Bruce Lee license does, has anyone ever produce a proper 1:6 Lee, Kelly, Saxon trio?
It never jumped brands I don't think, it always belonged to EB. Pretty sure HT was able to make EtD under the film license, and poached Arnie Kim from EB in the hope of doing a whole line... but Shannon Lee put the kybosh on it. So all we got from HT after that were the two movie icon variants, and EB lost interest. So no more Bruce :cry:

I know there have been some decent Tarantino movie figures but a line curated by him like Stallone is doing would be awesome. Some films have a decent amount of love but what about a quality Seth and Richie from FDTD? Have they done Rick Dalton and Cliff Booth? Literally any Kurt Russell figure and I’m there.

I know there have been some decent Tarantino movie figures but a line curated by him like Stallone is doing would be awesome. Some films have a decent amount of love but what about a quality Seth and Richie from FDTD? Have they done Rick Dalton and Cliff Booth? Literally any Kurt Russell figure and I’m there.
--

IIRC, a 1:6 brand produced a two figure set of Rick & Cliff from ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD.

I cannot recollect the brand's name. I do recollect the two figure set was okay based on in hand pictures. Nowhere near HT design and quality. IMHO it was more of a B/B- offering based on in hand pictures.

--

IIRC, a 1:6 brand produced a two figure set of Rick & Cliff from ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD.

I cannot recollect the brand's name. I do recollect the two figure set was okay based on in hand pictures. Nowhere near HT design and quality. IMHO it was more of a B/B- offering based on in hand pictures.
Thanks never realised that. It’s impossible to completely keep up with the various companies and their offerings, especially if it’s third party. That’s one of the few things TW are good for, is seeing what’s actually available out there.

That’s one of the few things TW are good for, is seeing what’s actually available out there.
--

Really?

I thought they're good for taking $ up front for PO items at ridiculous low prices and then failing to deliver among other things, but they if they're good for listing third-party products then I must spend my hard earned $ with them regardless of their ability to procure any merchandise from distributors and brands they screwed over.

If they never screwed you and others (yet), so be it. There are others who are not as fortunate as you.

Last edited:
Oh man a Columbo would be amazing.
Brings back all the memories of watching The movie of the week and Princess Bride on rainy Saturdays with my grandfather

I'd love to see a quality set of The Ramones, or Motorhead. The very few that have been done, welllll... the less said of those, the better.

These get a bit awkward into having to admit to myself I'm not collecting action figures but just collecting dolls , maybe I can justify Rita (Margarita Carmen Cansino) Hayworth- as Gilda. :wink1: Raquel Welch (aka Jo Raquel Tejada) and Lynda Jean Cordova Carter.
6dwby4.gif
Able to do the classic X-force, Wakanda Froever, Wonder Woman pose a must!
I might have a thing for ladies of celti-hispano mix Damn I think Daisy Duke (Catherine Verdugo Bachman) falls under the same.:thud:
Barbarella, that's justifiably sci-fi, it's just like Star Wars right?

Moving on...

Mifune as Yojimbo (in figure form Alfrex seems dated, new suggestions? ), paired with the upcoming SS Dollars Eastwood- man with no name- and a Bruce Willis' John Smith (Last Man Standing).
If you get the Red Harvest connection, would make a great trio display.
So you're saying if it's a female, it's a doll but a male if an action figure? I don't think I completely agree with that definition. I believe I can meet you halfway and say sex symbols " in my mind" would be defined as "figures" save the "action" for real women. ;-)

Back