Is this acceptable?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Endless

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Purchased a Nathan Drake Premium Format Figure for a hefty premium... and noticed his left wrist does not properly insert into position, as shown below. If I remove his peg position in the foot and have the statue free with his body/arm inserted into hand it works just fine, slides right into position and aligns as intended.

Guess the better question should be, is this to be expected and is QC a problem with Sideshow? I have First 4 Figures and they're top notch — this seems like a poorly crafted execution, or am I being too harsh?

I'll also mention all the photos/youtube videos/anything online I could find did not have this issue.

Proper fitment without foot/peg in position.

Proper Fitment.jpg

Poor fitment when foot inserted for statue weight distribution.

Poor Fitment 1.jpg
Poor Fitment 2.jpg
Poor Fitment 3.jpg

Your pics honestly look identical to me

Slight fitting issues do occur but if you can't get a replacement then I'd learn to live with it

Is the hand connected to the base? Is this issue something you, or someone else, can fix?

The hand is connected to the base. I was able to locate several reviews that showed a similar issue so it seems to be relatively common — luck of the draw.

And probably not something that can be fixed, just the way it's crafted. It's ok, I'll live with it :)

It's Sideshow. If it's not screwed up, they'll find a way.

You should have been around for Drakes 1/6 counterpart. :horror

The hand is connected to the base. I was able to locate several reviews that showed a similar issue so it seems to be relatively common — luck of the draw.

And probably not something that can be fixed, just the way it's crafted. It's ok, I'll live with it :)

Since the hand is on the base and the arm is coming down to meet the hand ...let gravity help you out.

Keep the statue assembled and keep it out on display for a few days. Gravity might just pull the weight of the statue down enough for the arm to meet the hand.

Nothing is rarely perfect. I used to collect Sideshow PFs and some got close, but there's always at least some minor issue. Alignment and fitment issues are not uncommon. At least it's not a fully standing statue that doesn't slot properly into the base, making it unstable. That's the worst.

That looks like something that wouldn't be too visible from a distance. If you feel you can live with it, I wouldn't worry about it. No use comparing it to others as they might have flaws your piece doesn't.

Back