Iron Studios: Universal Monsters - Wolfman 1:10

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lttgtimaatisgdaicfi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Uhhh......

wolf-man_universal-monsters_feature.jpg

I'm sure there's a "screwed the pooch" joke in here somewhere. I had hopes for this line, and Dracula's pose is nice, but there's no way I can support the line at around $200 a pop when they don't look quite right. This doesn't look like Lon. It looks like style guide illustration.

I was gifted one of these for helping someone out. It's actually fairly nice. Don't like the stylized hair. Their Dracula is the best by far and away and is an excellent Lugosi likeness. The Mummy....go for the standard version. The larger one is far too grandiose, takes away from the figure being front and center, and as the other deluxe versions don't use this much material (no doubt due to escalating costs/inflation as Mummy was first) you're better off with the standard version.

If you are collecting these. I don't think many are. Frankenstein hasn't shipped yet, and I am wondering if the line will continue past the "Fab 4"? If they do, they should release Creature from the Black lagoon next, as he is always the biggest seller in any universal Monsters series of statues, busts, figures, etc.

So, the Frankenstein statue is pushed til first quarter 2024 and he is probably going to be the swan song, according to the customer service department.

First quarter 2024 is quickly evaporating, and I haven't seen any reviews of ole Franky. I don't know if these are/have been a very successful series. If they make an additional character past Frankenstein, I will be surprised.

Back