Iron Studios: Universal Monsters - The Mummy (Karloff) 1:10

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
6hH4eT3.jpg

Ab66Lwp.png

Vj7sofY.png

TAk2MdN.png

OBHXLe5.png

As a generic mummy it’s great, as a Karloff mummy it’s way off. Always found it odd all the mummy figures are based off that 5 minute scene and not any of the other mummy movies. I usually picture Channey as the mummy since Imhotep was only like this in one scene and not the whole film. I don’t want my mummy in a robe or fez! I want full on wrappings :lol

Two versions for each statue? I suppose the "frills" version will be an exclusive of some kind? Exclusive...you know.. where you have to promise to disembowel a velociraptor by going back in time after securing the golden fleece from the hydra in order to have the privilege of buying one sort of thing?

A very cool nostalgia piece, tho. Icon of a classical movie going era ...

I was kind of excited for these at first, but I have all the Sideshow Premium format figures, so I am probably going to sit these out. Especially as the Universal coloring book style guide is ever present on the items being currently produced. I don't want a pale face, green shirted Wolfman for $250-300 when my Sideshow premium format Wolfman and Mummy and all the rest still hold up very well.

This is a cool offering, but as a Universal Monsters product it needs to have the Karloff likeness and it's not there. If they fix that, we're there.

I might get into this line if I knew Iron Studios would also release the other Universal Classic monsters.

Frankenstein has slowly started trickling out. It's been 17 months since his announcement, and no other figures have been revealed since. I don't think this line performed well. I asked Iron Studios if they planned to have new entries in the series. They said "There are no plans to expand the line at this time. Should that change, we will post it to social media." So I am guessing Frankie may be the swan song. Which is weird since Creature from the Black lagoon was the first one a digital pitch was leaked for. If they stop with the "Fab Four", they still got further than anyone since Sideshow in a Universal Monsters Statue series. Unless you count the 6 busts from Trick or Treat Studios, but those aren't full size.

The Creature digital pitch, but no statue came of it. I think I would've led with him. He always seems to sell the best of the bunch.

attachment.php

Back