Statue Iron Studios Mandalorian 1/4 scale statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has become pretty rare because Sideshow complained to Lucasfilm and basically halted distribution. Not sure if it's true but I heard they only made about half of the already small 750 ES. I ordered two, and only one of the distributors I ordered from was able to get it.
Wow. Still wouldn't make me get the catwalk version tho.

His pants are the least bad thing about the SSC PF version!! I am sorry, that thing is a sheer abomination on several fronts and i have nothing good to say about it. Perhaps Sideshow should spend less time whining to LFL about a competitors superior products, and MORE TIME HIRING PEOPLE LIKE MARK NEWMAN TO PRODUCE BEAUTIFUL AND WELL POSED SCULPTS. Its a no brainer!

SSC Mando PF is such a missed opportunity. People that like it are people that I disagree with in terms of aesthetics at a fundamental core level. It looks like a characature of the Mandalorian. He simply doesn't walk like that. No one walks like that. I don't get it!
Yep. Every now and then I see a piece that I guess is supposedly supposed to have "flow and movement" - sculpting that kind of thing is something IMO Iron Studios generally excels at. But looking up one of the original IS sculptors, the man specialized in sculpting natural forms, animals, etc.

(Not a fan of characters grabbing for an arrow at their back, personally, no matter how well done. IMO on the shelf it's looking at an armpit or someone scratching their back for all eternity. Something that works as a split second scene doesn't necessarily work as a sculpture)

As for this piece, best I can guess Mando is supposed to be reaching for his blaster. Maybe. But the way the ankle twists, and the torso - nobody moves like that unless they're dancing:bunnydanc or hiking and put their foot wrong.:thwak Like, you're not supposed to have a statue of this cool badass and wanna laugh and think of the BeeGees.:bunnydanc:bunnydanc:bunnydanc

Maybe whoever worked on this also worked on Court of the Dead pieces which can look kinda twisted, and just couldn't stop themselves. :lol

Yep. Every now and then I see a piece that I guess is supposedly supposed to have "flow and movement" - sculpting that kind of thing is something IMO Iron Studios generally excels at. But looking up one of the original IS sculptors, the man specialized in sculpting natural forms, animals, etc.

(Not a fan of characters grabbing for an arrow at their back, personally, no matter how well done. IMO on the shelf it's looking at an armpit or someone scratching their back for all eternity. Something that works as a split second scene doesn't necessarily work as a sculpture)

As for this piece, best I can guess Mando is supposed to be reaching for his blaster. Maybe. But the way the ankle twists, and the torso - nobody moves like that unless they're dancing:bunnydanc or hiking and put their foot wrong.:thwak Like, you're not supposed to have a statue of this cool badass and wanna laugh and think of the BeeGees.:bunnydanc:bunnydanc:bunnydanc

Maybe whoever worked on this also worked on Court of the Dead pieces which can look kinda twisted, and just couldn't stop themselves. :lol
I really like the person who made the Mando PF. He has a fantastic portfolio.
I hope to see a new PF from SSC. I'd definitely get it if it looks good. I'd love to see maybe Will Harbottle do that.

Awesome that it's still available and if I hadn't recently picked up the SS version from Seconds I would probably grab this, however I'm REALLY satisfied with my Sideshow. I just love the floating pram and Grogu and the paint on the whole piece is phenomenal.

Could anyone provide box dimensions and weight for the Iron Studios Mando?

Could anyone provide box dimensions and weight for the Iron Studios Mando?
9821374B-A5D0-4FB5-B4A4-784AE87B4A67.jpeg

Cool for people who missed it, still gonna have to pass though just has a lot that could be improved in my eyes.

Decided to get on this new preorder at SpecFiction.
Already have the IronStudios 1/10 Mando & Grogu but always wished I grabbed this much larger one when I had the chance. Love everything about it.

Decided to get on this new preorder at SpecFiction.
Already have the IronStudios 1/10 Mando & Grogu but always wished I grabbed this much larger one when I had the chance. Love everything about it.
The Mando holding Grogu in 1/10 is an amazing sculpt. I really want to get it, but I am also fearful of going down the 1/10 Star Wars route as I know what the 1/10 X-Men did to me.

Just ordered him too. Does anyone have a photo of this statue together with Sideshow Cara Dune? Standing side by side?
Didn't see this post, just a quick cell since I am messing about with my collection (neither has rifle attached here), and Cara and Mando are still close by on the overcrowded desk. For myself, feel like Cara and the IS Mando might as well have been sold as a pair, they go so well together. Her smaller base and height (eventually for me) than Mando make her perfect to go with, without looking cookie cutter (although you could pick up any round base or plaque if you wanted to, to put her on).

Luv her, she is beautiful, she might as well have been an IS piece. These are two statues that make me happy. I feel like these are "lifetime" pieces for me.:love:love:love
Caramando.jpg

Didn't see this post, just a quick cell since I am messing about with my collection (neither has rifle attached here), and Cara and Mando are still close by on the overcrowded desk. For myself, feel like Cara and the IS Mando might as well have been sold as a pair, they go so well together. Her smaller base and height (eventually for me) than Mando make her perfect to go with, without looking cookie cutter (although you could pick up any round base or plaque if you wanted to, to put her on).

Luv her, she is beautiful, she might as well have been an IS piece. These are two statues that make me happy. I feel like these are "lifetime" pieces for me.:love:love:love
Thank you. Cant wait to get my hands on Mando, even though I will have to sell T-45 EX to have some space for him :)

Thank you. Cant wait to get my hands on Mando, even though I will have to sell T-45 EX to have some space for him :)
Think you will be very happy with Mando. Iconic, clean paint with some nice washes, very solid piece. Yeah the flaring cloak and rifle take a bit of space but not too bad if you have a wide sturdy shelf. Hope you get him soon!

Back