Statue Iron Studios LOTR license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PSFq9Wn.jpg

S5yovLw.jpg

FlZwjSR.jpg

Why has Frodo been cut in half? As well as having Sting and the elven cloak which he shouldn't have at this point in the story. Not impressed so far.

Gandalf and Ringwraith up for pre-order. Looking really great so far. Definitely going in on this line.

I think the idea is that he can fit into different scenarios, which I think is silly. He also shouldn't have the cloak. Or a line through his midriff!!

I think the idea is that he can fit into different scenarios, which I think is silly. He also shouldn't have the cloak. Or a line through his midriff!!

Yeah the line through the midriff is a bit of a worry considering it’s single polystone statue

Why does Frodo have Sting in the Ringwraith set?

Frodo is a part of Mines of Moria set. Gimli and Legolas is next. All members of the Fellowship will be in that set and probably some goblins or even a Cave Troll

They actually look pretty good, I've gotten some Koto 1/10 Avengers stuff that looked to be on par with this line. With prices / scale skyrocketing I guess it's good to see things that are still "affordable" even at a much smaller scale. If they can deliver on detail and production paint apps I think they're totally worth it.

They actually look pretty good, I've gotten some Koto 1/10 Avengers stuff that looked to be on par with this line. With prices / scale skyrocketing I guess it's good to see things that are still "affordable" even at a much smaller scale. If they can deliver on detail and production paint apps I think they're totally worth it.

Yes, but they look like Legolas and Gimli. Way better than Weta statues. And cheaper.

Hmmm debatable. You can't really get Gimli wrong as Gimli doesn't look like the actor, it's all hair, make-up and prosthetics. Weta gave done a couple of good Legolas statues, and their Gandalf from The Hobbit is perfect. I hate the lazy way people attack Weta statue likenesses, it's just not true in most cases. I like these Iron Studio pieces though, something smaller and cheaper. Weta are also going to be exploring smaller vinyl pieces as an alternative to 1/6.

Hmmm debatable. You can't really get Gimli wrong as Gimli doesn't look like the actor, it's all hair, make-up and prosthetics. Weta gave done a couple of good Legolas statues, and their Gandalf from The Hobbit is perfect. I hate the lazy way people attack Weta statue likenesses, it's just not true in most cases. I like these Iron Studio pieces though, something smaller and cheaper. Weta are also going to be exploring smaller vinyl pieces as an alternative to 1/6.

I mean, there's already their mini line, which are for sale like 3 times a year? You can get 3 for 100 or 150$, and they're fantastic statues. I've got almost all of them, and never paid more than 50$ a piece. The Helm's Deep mini Gimli sitting on Uruk-Hai is one of my favorite statues, and bought for 50$. And Weta doesn't get the simple stuff wrong, like Iron Studios do here with Gimli having the double bladed axe on his back that he picks up later in the scene. So yeah, I don't get the Weta criticism here either.

Back