Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys

Didn’t know it was a grail really, loved the pose, the smaller stand and switch outs. I sold my sideshows Vader and boba fett which I sold more than I paid for this IS Vader. I’m going for a simpler collection, 1 piece for each movie genre accept for lord of the rings, dark knight and transformers trilogys do have two pieces. But when it’s filled it will be 9 statues filling my collection room, as I don’t have to worry about boxes piling up

I don't call this type of collectibles grails, because in the end you can get them if you have the money, patience and luck. But IMO Iron Studios Darth Vader remains the best Vader statue out there.

I don't call this type of collectibles grails, because in the end you can get them if you have the money, patience and luck. But IMO Iron Studios Darth Vader remains the best Vader statue out there.

And it’s based off empire strikes back, for me Vader’s bets performance and movie, it’s definitely the most sort after darth Vader statue. Maybe it’s not in the realms of a pumpkin head statue in that grail category, but it’s a sort after statue.

Thanks guys

Didn’t know it was a grail really, loved the pose, the smaller stand and switch outs. I sold my sideshows Vader and boba fett which I sold more than I paid for this IS Vader. I’m going for a simpler collection, 1 piece for each movie genre accept for lord of the rings, dark knight and transformers trilogys do have two pieces. But when it’s filled it will be 9 statues filling my collection room, as I don’t have to worry about boxes piling up
With the limitation of having only 1 piece per movie/series you made a great choice. :duff

With the limitation of having only 1 piece per movie/series you made a great choice. :duff

It’s weird seeing ppl going for the mythos Vader, never saw the appeal for the piece for my money, and it’s Def an inferior sculpt to the IS statue, now I had the mythos Vader but something about it was a reason why I sold it 6 years ago

I piece per movie, I wish I was that disciplined.....

Right?

I can't even do one piece..per character.

Hahaha I just don’t want boxes hording the house anymore, and my room I put the statues in isn’t a huge room, and I hate to see my collection get cluttered. I used to have allot more, but having allot less about 9 statues when Vader, Batman and joker to go alongside sauron, witch king, predator, Thanos, Megatron and Optimus prime is a good amount. Think the amount of boxes �� def has put me off buying more

What do you consider a grail? You can pretty much say that about anything.

It?s weird seeing ppl going for the mythos Vader, never saw the appeal for the piece for my money, and it?s Def an inferior sculpt to the IS statue, now I had the mythos Vader but something about it was a reason why I sold it 6 years ago

Mythos pales in comparison to this piece, I sold the Mythos I had long ago as well.

Mythos pales in comparison to this piece, I sold the Mythos I had long ago as well.

Its not in the same ball park, also sold the mythos 6 years ago, despite 5,000 were made its going for big money. For the money both are going for currently, the IS I find better value for money because of the sculpt is superior and switch outs and a better shorter base. My collection is all 1/4 scale minus the transformers pieces, so scale wise it doesn't fit to scale for what I’m going for. On the mythos Vader I like the helmet on, and the pose with the helmet I’m not a fan of

On the grail category they got to be almost impossible to find almost like pumpkin head, mythos I don’t think is one as there is loads I’ve seen on eBay. Now iron studios Vader has a better chance just because the ES is low

What do you consider a grail? You can pretty much say that about anything.

Screen used large AT-AT.

AT-AT ILM 05.jpg

I regret selling my mythos Vader. But I'd take this IS Vader over that any day of the week.

Probably the only thing I have that comes close to "grail" status is the EX SWS Predator maquette.

I regret selling my mythos Vader. But I'd take this IS Vader over that any day of the week.

Probably the only thing I have that comes close to "grail" status is the EX SWS Predator maquette.

I only regret selling it 6 years ago has I never expected it to sell for over 2K, a good flip for easy money lol, but my sideshows Vader and boba fett sold for 700 dollars each so that was a plus to fund the IS Vader haha

The statue arrives Tuesday very excited for this one, which will be my last statue of 2021

I can't even limit myself to "one Boba Fett per movie..." :slap

I've been able to stay strong with just having the Bespin Boba PF from a few years back...but I know that will change when they get to Mando Boba, I won't be able to resist.

Iron Studios Vader arrived today, some issues with the joints and the cape chain so now settled for this pose

After selling Mythos Vader in 2015, Sideshow Vader last week, third time lucky on this one
IMG_E9235 by Steven Evans, on Flickr

Iron Studios Thanos and Vader
IMG_E9239 by Steven Evans, on Flickr

That is this display side finished now
IMG_9232 by Steven Evans, on Flickr

Comparing Sauron, Vader and Thanos displayed
Untitled by Steven Evans, on Flickr

I would but that terrible chain to put on the cape was hell to put on, so leaving as it is

I corrected a few creases on my statue with the cape on, wrapped the statue in a fluffy towel and worked on the cape without any problems. The difference is huge.

Back