Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there. Just stoping in to say revenge of the sith is pretty much on everyone’s top 5 Star Wars films. Especially during this era. It’s pretty much iconic. Ok I’ll be taking my leave

I don’t think being a “top five” Star Wars film is a high bar.

giphy.gif

he-no-nuts-short-round.gif

That's interesting that Rogue One is #1, and it's unsurprising for the likely demographic, but it is wrong!
Rogue One is a solid movie, but is too inconsistent to be the best, and is elevated by the awesome Vader scene at the end.

Rogue One sucked. Yeah, I said it.

RO relied heavily on its ANH vibe and the Vader scene devalued the ANH opening sequence.

Random Tumblr poll:

Dvy8hg0.jpg
Thats a typical result I would expect from Tumblr....its totally wrong....

So the TOD thing.

TOD to me is almost as cheesy as KOTCS....

I did love it as a kid, but when I first rewatched it as an adult I was stupefied at how bad it really is.....

The plot is just boring.

The effects have not held up at all, it looks like a 1960 level special effects nightmare. Even for the time, the effects were lazy and uninspired for the other films released...the plane drop (as bad as the nuked fridge) cart scene, the heart ....the entire bridge scene ....its all awful.....

I cannot stand either Willie or Short Round....bith are totally annoying and the film would have been better without either of them.

The villan is cookie cutter at best, and the literally copied the formula of having the "strong man" versus Indy from the first film.

I find it has a few good scenes, the "bug" room, some of the club obi wan stuff, but overall its a mess thats hard to reconcile beyond pure nostalgia.

That is a strong MF statement. Great? Hell no, sucked. GD MF.

What can I say? I thought it sucked. It had no soul. It was lifeless. A ragtag crew of losers join together to make the ultimate sacrifice. So what? Why should we care about any of these guys? They were one-dimensional cardboard cut-outs from central casting. I couldn't even remember their names. Maze Chirrut? Bohdi something?

All it was was an excuse to shovel Memba Berries down the audience's throats. Oh memba Tarkin! I memba! Except now he looks like a oily skinned cartoon. Same with that ghoulish Princess Leia at the end. Memba the Death Star? Wanna see X-Wings and Ackbars and "It's a trap!!" and Y-Wings and ****? HELL YEAH! It's like Star Wars....ON STEROIDS! It was a video game. No heart. Just flashy computer graphics. No stakes. Who cares about these people? Unlike everyone under 35, I get no enjoyment out of watching other people play video games. It bores the piss out of me. More than half the movie was just sitting there watching a video game you can't control.

And then there's the gratuitous Vader massacre scene. That was several minutes of pure angsty SW fan fiction as imagined by a disillusioned teen. "YEAH MF, I wanna see the ******* blood spraying on the walls as Vader just ******* straight MURDERS those losers!! YYYEAAAAH!! You don't **** with the Vader!!"

I know Vader's a bad guy. I knew that from the moment he walked through the smoky doorway in Star Wars. He didn't have to kill anyone. His appearance and presence told a thousand words. Him choking the captain to death pretty much cemented it. I'm no prude when it comes to violence in movies, but that hallway killing spree just felt completely off in a Star Wars movie, and it seemed to come from a place of spite and anger. I was not one of the bloodthirsty fanboys screaming and howling in their seat when they saw that scene. In fact, I was barely awake. The whole beginning and middle of the movie were so dreadfully dull that I fell asleep! And clearly I didn't miss anything cause when I woke up it was still painfully boring, but now with more rain and gloom.

What can I say? I thought it sucked. It had no soul. It was lifeless. A ragtag crew of losers join together to make the ultimate sacrifice. So what? Why should we care about any of these guys? They were one-dimensional cardboard cut-outs from central casting. I couldn't even remember their names. Maze Chirrut? Bohdi something?

All it was was an excuse to shovel Memba Berries down the audience's throats. Oh memba Tarkin! I memba! Except now he looks like a oily skinned cartoon. Same with that ghoulish Princess Leia at the end. Memba the Death Star? Wanna see X-Wings and Ackbars and "It's a trap!!" and Y-Wings and ****? HELL YEAH! It's like Star Wars....ON STEROIDS! It was a video game. No heart. Just flashy computer graphics. No stakes. Who cares about these people? Unlike everyone under 35, I get no enjoyment out of watching other people play video games. It bores the piss out of me. More than half the movie was just sitting there watching a video game you can't control.

And then there's the gratuitous Vader massacre scene. That was several minutes of pure angsty SW fan fiction as imagined by a disillusioned teen. "YEAH MF, I wanna see the ******* blood spraying on the walls as Vader just ******* straight MURDERS those losers!! YYYEAAAAH!! You don't **** with the Vader!!"

I know Vader's a bad guy. I knew that from the moment he walked through the smoky doorway in Star Wars. He didn't have to kill anyone. His appearance and presence told a thousand words. Him choking the captain to death pretty much cemented it. I'm no prude when it comes to violence in movies, but that hallway killing spree just felt completely off in a Star Wars movie, and it seemed to come from a place of spite and anger. I was not one of the bloodthirsty fanboys screaming and howling in their seat when they saw that scene. In fact, I was barely awake. The whole beginning and middle of the movie were so dreadfully dull that I fell asleep! And clearly I didn't miss anything cause when I woke up it was still painfully boring, but now with more rain and gloom.

I don't share your opinion on it but I enjoy your posts all the same, hence the like.

With Keaton Batman and Indy back on the big screens -- just like 1989 all over again -- I am guessing that Batman will once again trounce poor Indy. Sad.

And like 1989, I can see myself leaving the theater after Dial of Dead-to-me wholly disappointed.

34 years... and history repeats itself.
*insert George Lucas 'Poetry' clip*

Back