Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe for your demographic It was, and still is, considered the best of 3 bad films....by those old enough to see it in a theater when it came out.....

I get nostalgia hits with a certain age group on these films.....it will be no different for the ST you will see......

I cannot believe people are buying HT of Qui Gon, Anakin , Padme or Clone Troopers.....

I want to see the sales on Jar Jar.
I've thought the same. And listening to McGregor and Christensen talk in interviews for Kenobi they're starting to say likewise (i.e. as time passes PT is liked more). Not sure that's exactly accurate but I'm sure it makes them feel better. But everything is liked by someone. 🤙

ROTS was a breath of fresh air after TPM and AOTC (duds other than a few cool/fun designs/scenes) and ROTS felt like an actual movie with a story I could follow and Ian McD was great. Though I think my lukewarm like for it was more in the blah context of the previous two. ROTS doesn't hold my attention today - I've tried.

Rewatched ROTJ on D+ (first time in years) and there are still large chunks that are very much rewatchable, if you skip thru the "bad 40%" of ROTJ: Yoda's death (weird thing to say I know...), Jedi Rocks, Ben's log speech, Leia/Luke village chat, Han-Leia at the end stuff etc. Jabba is still a marvel and ROTJ Palps is brilliant. The JW ROTJ score is some of my fave SW music.

Hoping to get a Harmy/4K83 disc (not sure where to look...) to see ROTJ again without the SE junk additions.
Mark Hamill IMO absolutely carries ROTJ. Ford is checked out and he was right to say Han should have died when extracted from the carbonite. The character wasn't necessary to the story and Leia could have led the Endor team, Williams essentially took over the Han spot anyway. Other people's mileage may vary. Having said that, I'll stream DoD on D+ later this fall.

tumblr_ozxyibizT01qz4cuyo1_250.gifv

Mark Hamill IMO absolutely carries ROTJ. Ford is checked out and he was right to say Han should have died when extracted from the carbonite. The character wasn't necessary to the story and Leia could have led the Endor team, Williams essentially took over the Han spot anyway. Other people's mileage may vary. Having said that, I'll stream DoD on D+ later this fall.
The OT and PT are like imbedded in me, for better or worse, at this point.

Seen KOTC once, that was enough. Like some things with the MCU, I think I just want it to stop (never watched Hulk).
Personal preference, but think I just want one of my strongest memories of Indy is him riding into the sunset with Dad.
No matter how much they've spent on this film, it still reminds me of the Jaws 3 release, or something.

At least KOTC had the redemption of sorts, of Marion. Sort of a final, final period, if unneeded.

I remember people saying episode 3 was good even back then lol
Again, I think its determined by the age you saw it.

Had social media been a thing back then, the PT would have been roasted just as bad as the ST.....maybe worse.

As Wor said, it gets worse and worse every time you really watch it.

Yodas backward speak with Palpatine and his "little green friend" remake is just as bad as the current "somehow Palpatine returned" line everyone loves to drag out.

And let not even talk about the abomination of script that is AOTC.....sand .....sand everywhere.

Had social media been a thing back then, the PT would have been roasted just as bad as the ST.....maybe worse.

Yodas backward speak with Palpatine and his "little green friend" remake is just as bad as the current "somehow Palpatine returned" line everyone loves to drag out.

And let not even talk about the abomination of script that is AOTC.....sand .....sand everywhere.
To be fair, if someone likes the PT, then they’re good movies, for them. No absolutes here.🤙🏻

Hmmm. How dare you. Where are you located!!!
Lol nah but I agree on aotc. It’s meh. But I just have so much love for rots. It was amazing

Sometimes I think there is only ONE Indiana Jones film. It's so above everything.
I like TOD almost as much. But I saw TOD at the perfect age. I mean I liked Raiders as much as the next guy but TOD made me a huge Indy fan. I had high expectations at the time and at that time it surpassed them.

Raiders is by far the better movie though but I think TOD is the only really good follow up. Ford is great in it, the action is original, inventive and fun. It’s the the one sequel that stays true to the original intent of the 1st film buy having that Saturday afternoon serials be it’s main influence.

And I don’t care what anyone says I love Willie and Short Round :)

TLC is hurt by bad villains, some goofy F/X and some blah action. The boat and plane scenes are a chore to watch and the bike chase basically rips off the mine car chase.

However that tank chase and Indy / Henry’s relationship save the movie for sure.

KOTCS is an embarrassment after Indy meets with up with Marion. I kinda enjoys all that comes before it.

I like TOD almost as much. But I saw TOD at the perfect age. I mean I liked Raiders as much as the next guy but TOD made me a huge Indy fan. I had high expectations at the time and at that time it surpassed them.

Raiders is by far the better movie though but I think TOD is the only really good follow up. Ford is great in it, the action is original, inventive and fun. It’s the the one sequel that stays true to the original intent of the 1st film buy having that Saturday afternoon serials be it’s main influence.

And I don’t care what anyone says I love Willie and Short Round :)

TLC is hurt by bad villains, some goofy F/X and some blah action. The boat and plane scenes are a chore to watch and the bike chase basically rips off the mine car chase.

However that tank chase and Indy / Henry’s relationship save the movie for sure.

KOTCS is an embarrassment after Indy meets with up with Marion. I kinda enjoys all that comes before it.

Well put.

Nothing touches Raiders -- it is the Goldfinger of the franchise -- but clearly 2nd in line is Temple of Doom, no contest for me.

So this is gonna ruffle
some feathers....

ATOC
TOD
KOTCS
TPM
TLJ

Are all bad to me....

Like unwatchable bad.

Watched ToD just the other night on Tv. What’s bad about it? It’s no Raiders, but it certainly doesn’t suck. My wife doesn’t like how he talks to Willie, but that’s the way it kinda was back then. The mine cart scene was meant for Rotla but I think that was scrapped last minute. They revisited it for the prequel, and I’m glad they did. It’s almost equal to the truck chase for the ark in Raiders, Almost!

Watched ToD just the other night on Tv. What’s bad about it? It’s no Raiders, but it certainly doesn’t suck. My wife doesn’t like how he talks to Willie, but that’s the way it kinda was back then. The mine cart scene was meant for Rotla but I think that was scrapped last minute. They revisited it for the prequel, and I’m glad they did. It’s almost equal to the truck chase for the ark in Raiders, Almost!
ToD is a PREQUEL?!?!?!

Back