Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"If HT are going to make a new Indy then I am Mickey Mouse!"

DeadEdibleAfricanpiedkingfisher-size.gif

LOL, dudes answered these uninteresting inane obligatory questions a million times, he's just looking over for his handler, to finally move him along.
And his joy for Quan seems genuine.
Fortune and glory my friends, If we are very lucky we may all get to 80. I am going to give it my all with or without the grail.

Funny timing with this thread, just yesterday I unloaded about five plastic totes of modern SW figures and vehicles at a nearby comics and collectibles store in downtown Minneapolis. Carded vintage collection figures going back to the mid 2000's, ST figures, RO, Solo, along with accompanying MISB vehicles like the RO AT-AT, Solo Falcon, two Poe Dameron X-Wings, the U-Wing, Rey's Speeder and a few others. I just wasn't feeling enough joy in owning these things anymore to offset the clutter they were causing (even though I had most of them just stacked up in storage.) And in the unlikely event that I dropped dead anytime soon then it'd just be one more hassle for my kids to deal with so for all those reasons I decided I was just going to do a full purge.

I wasn't going to put them up on ebay as that would just take too much time and effort. Waiting for them to sell, having some sell and being stuck with others, needing to ship each and every one...no thanks. I was fine taking a loss by just unloading them at a local comic shop and whatever the guy didn't take I was literally just going to turn around and unload at Goodwill and be done with them.

He ended up taking each and every item for a whopping 1200 bucks! :thud:

He was happy to take them off my hands for that amount because "Star Wars always sells." So for anyone out there thinking of liquidating your collection now is apparently still a good time to do it. It's been kind of gnawing in the back of my mind that at any given moment with current world affairs that our economy could truly tank at any given moment rendering these things utterly worthless and then I'd *really* be stuck with a bunch of junk. And not trying to sway anyone who still experiences lots of joy in collecting but man leaving the store with that check I felt like Frodo coming down from Mount Doom ("its gone Sam, I can feel it...") Ah, such a relief.

I still retained my small handful of vintage Kenner figures that I keep in a curio behind glass as well as my three PF's (Frodo, TFA Cap, and ROTJ Fett) so I still have a smattering of pop culture collectibles but it feels so good to have all those stacks of lesser things gone.

Congrats Khev!

That has been a dream of mine for a very long time.

Any rough idea just how many "items" ultimately added up to $1200 bucks? And did he actually pick through every item you had, individually, while you waited?

I ask because I have a lot more than "5 totes". :lol It's good to know sellers still want this stuff. I imagine one day I will do the same as you, if I can find a guy to take it off my hands like you did.

Congrats Khev!

That has been a dream of mine for a very long time.

Any rough idea just how many "items" ultimately added up to $1200 bucks? And did he actually pick through every item you had, individually, while you waited?

I ask because I have a lot more than "5 totes". :lol It's good to know sellers still want this stuff. I imagine one day I will do the same as you, if I can find a guy to take it off my hands like you did.
I'm thinking it was 8 or 9 boxed vehicles and around 50-60 carded figures. Yes he did go through each and every one checking the value and then offered me a lump sum ($1200 cash or $1500 store credit.) We didn't discuss the cost of any one item, for all I know he was giving me a buck for each TFA figure and a lot more for some of the others. But nothing was true vintage nor a "grail" (though there were some vintage collection figures that are a bit sought after now like Slave Leia) so I was happy to walk away with such a sum of cash.

Funny timing with this thread, just yesterday I unloaded about five plastic totes of modern SW figures and vehicles at a nearby comics and collectibles store in downtown Minneapolis. Carded vintage collection figures going back to the mid 2000's, ST figures, RO, Solo, along with accompanying MISB vehicles like the RO AT-AT, Solo Falcon, two Poe Dameron X-Wings, the U-Wing, Rey's Speeder and a few others. I just wasn't feeling enough joy in owning these things anymore to offset the clutter they were causing (even though I had most of them just stacked up in storage.) And in the unlikely event that I dropped dead anytime soon then it'd just be one more hassle for my kids to deal with so for all those reasons I decided I was just going to do a full purge.

I wasn't going to put them up on ebay as that would just take too much time and effort. Waiting for them to sell, having some sell and being stuck with others, needing to ship each and every one...no thanks. I was fine taking a loss by just unloading them at a local comic shop and whatever the guy didn't take I was literally just going to turn around and unload at Goodwill and be done with them.

He ended up taking each and every item for a whopping 1200 bucks! :thud:

He was happy to take them off my hands for that amount because "Star Wars always sells." So for anyone out there thinking of liquidating your collection now is apparently still a good time to do it. It's been kind of gnawing in the back of my mind that at any given moment with current world affairs that our economy could truly tank at any given moment rendering these things utterly worthless and then I'd *really* be stuck with a bunch of junk. And not trying to sway anyone who still experiences lots of joy in collecting but man leaving the store with that check I felt like Frodo coming down from Mount Doom ("its gone Sam, I can feel it...") Ah, such a relief.

I still retained my small handful of vintage Kenner figures that I keep in a curio behind glass as well as my three PF's (Frodo, TFA Cap, and ROTJ Fett) so I still have a smattering of pop culture collectibles but it feels so good to have all those stacks of lesser things gone.
Interesting, I reckon it feels real good to be free of some stuff, the cash is the sweetner. Everytime I watch the news and see some of what is going on in the world I take a trip to my local Red Cross Charity store leaving them with some of my stuff, it feels good, I plan to visit again soon.

Ford interview

In "Dial of Destiny," the actor made sure they moved away from the tired "old-timer" jokes. "Yeah. In 'Dial of Destiny' there were a lot of old jokes in the script. We took them all out," Ford explained to THR. "There is a moment where he observes himself in this situation and says, 'What the **** am I doing in here? But I hate what I call 'talking about the story.' I want to see circumstances in which the audience gets a chance to experience the story, not to be led through the nose with highlights pointed out to them. I'd rather create behavior that is the joke of age rather than talk about it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Ford interview

In "Dial of Destiny," the actor made sure they moved away from the tired "old-timer" jokes. "Yeah. In 'Dial of Destiny' there were a lot of old jokes in the script. We took them all out," Ford explained to THR. "There is a moment where he observes himself in this situation and says, 'What the **** am I doing in here? But I hate what I call 'talking about the story.' I want to see circumstances in which the audience gets a chance to experience the story, not to be led through the nose with highlights pointed out to them. I'd rather create behavior that is the joke of age rather than talk about it."

That all sounds good... but haven't we already seen a couple "old" jokes?

Ford interview

Wise words indeed.

Ford interview

Sorry about the moderator edit, I assumed the already censored swear word would come out as is or get automatically picked up and changed.

Budget revealed to be almost $300 million. So what's the chance this will even break even at the box office? Just about zero.

Back