Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m just trying to have a balanced view about the worst film ever made by major filmmakers lol. The series got more clunky and clutzy with every instalment to the point of true embarrassment. 5 has nowhere to go but up? Hahahaha.

That's probably the best way to look at the positive for Indy 5.

I would love to hear them admit that despite the huge box office, Indy IV was a misstep. It'll never happen though. I remember when Labeof did and Ford called him a ******* idiot apparently for biting the hand that fed him.

I’m just waiting for the depends diaper marketing tie in :yess.

Commercial:

On Screen: Indy struggles to climb a steep mountain with Nazis at his back --

Narrator: It's hard to rise to adventure... while carrying a load in your pants.

On Screen: Harrison Ford turns to camera with that 'trust me' grin --

Harrison: That's why I depend... on Depends.

Is it some (reimagined Atlantias artifact?) that allows time-travel? Or an opportunity to "change" something in the past?
71qmgo.gif
I'm hearing rumours the title is Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.
Figured.
Likely loosely inspired on the Antikythera mechanism (posted above.)
How it was found ...
Parts-mechanism-trading-ship-Antikythera-device-wreck-1901.jpg

the-birth-of-engineering-the-mechanisms-that-set-the-world-in-motion-6.jpg

the-birth-of-engineering-the-mechanisms-that-set-the-world-in-motion-7.jpg

Last edited:
It does make me wonder if the former Nazi's wanting to go re-write history by revisiting the past has something to do with Madd's "Toht".

The premise of time-travel is obvious -- New-Toht is using rocket science to create time-travel... and "time" is the big theme of this movie: Indy's age and all.

I see a conversation between Voller and Indy -- what would you give to have more time, Indiana Jones?

Man I'm really praying that Mangold has better taste than that and is going to make this movie at least a bit more grounded and gritty than the last one was.

Although this Empire article doesn't have me feeling very optimistic. Indy fighting Nazis in 1969 against the backdrop of the space race.... just feels all kinds of wrong at the moment.

Back