Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even child me was disappointed by Robocop 2, Die Hard 2 and Predator 2. I came around to the latter pair but have never been able to really like Robocop 2.

Always liked BTTFII, indifferent to Gremlins and Ghostbusters.

Jaws 2 was OK but never thought it quite on a par with the first.

Last edited:
My 1999 self, standing stunned outside Mann Chinese on TPM opening night, wants to step through time and slap you and your objective truth. :lol

Even in the context of the disaster that is the ST, the true scale of which is now visible as its toxic 9/11-style dust cloud (containing hundreds of chemicals corrosive to SW and SW fans) clears.

But re: ROTJ, about a third of it (the actual portion for me varies from 30% to 50%) is on-par with the best of ANH and ESB, and that's more than enough using today's standards.

And I can watch TLC - it has enjoyable parts and I come close to accepting it as part of an "OT of Indy.ST > TLC
My 1999 self, standing stunned outside Mann Chinese on TPM opening night, wants to step through time and slap you and your objective truth. :lol

Even in the context of the disaster that is the ST, the true scale of which is now visible as its toxic 9/11-style dust cloud (containing hundreds of chemicals corrosive to SW and SW fans) clears.

But re: ROTJ, about a third of it (the actual portion for me varies from 30% to 50%) is on-par with the best of ANH and ESB, and that's more than enough using today's standards.

And I can watch TLC - it has enjoyable parts and I come close to accepting it as part of an "OT of Indy."
Hates ST but can watch TLC

Umm ok weird but ok lol

b75.gif

44119859-9678111-Production_Both_actors_cut_a_stern_figure_as_stood_amid_tall_gra-m-42_1623488204295.jpg

wKgaV.jpg

:monkey3

Even child me was disappointed by Robocop 2, Die Hard 2 and Predator 2. I came around to the latter pair but have never been able to really like Robocop 2.

Always liked BTTFII, indifferent to Gremlins and Ghostbusters.

Jaws 2 was OK but never thought it quite on a par with the first.
Like everyone else on opening weekend I loved Ghostbusters 1.

I rewatched it last year and absolutely hated it lol

The humor was cringe bad.

Same for Gremlins 1 and Big Trouble Little China.

Last edited:
As sad and embarrassing as that is they think it must be done to erase KOTCS for Ford to die content…..and wealthier lol

Spielberg must feel like ass.

As long as they don't have to make Indy 6 to erase Indy 5, because I think the years are now overtaking the mileage. :panic:

In a two-week period in 1989, two of my most favorite franchises hit an iceberg (Ghostbusters II was two weeks after TLC) and then months later, BTTF2 sunk yet another one.
From there it was like the St Valentine's Day Massacre: Gremlins 2, Predator 2, Robocop 2, (not a fan of Die Hard 2 either)... :gah:

Something changed in that latter 80s/early 90s period.

You and I must have had the same summer in Los Angeles.

The ramp up to Summer '89 was huge, and not just because of Batman... but because there were going to be more sequels in one summer than ever before.

It was like the Great Climax to the 80's!!!

But it all changed. Everything felt cheap and un-cared for. The summer dragged on with one disappointment after another. It all made the mediocre film-making of Batman look good and fresh by comparison.

But that summer had some fun music at least.

In a two-week period in 1989, two of my most favorite franchises hit an iceberg (Ghostbusters II was two weeks after TLC) and then months later, BTTF2 sunk yet another one.
From there it was like the St Valentine's Day Massacre: Gremlins 2, Predator 2, Robocop 2, (not a fan of Die Hard 2 either)... :gah:

Something changed in that latter 80s/early 90s period.

I agree with all this except BTTF2. I thought it was a decent sequel and I liked the dark yet still light humorous tone. I still had fun watching part 3 too despite it being the weakest of the trilogy. Like most collections of films the first movie was clearly the best.

The Indy trilogy is similar. Raiders is easily king and TOD is the Indy equivalent of ROTJ(very fun but not as polished as it's predecessor). I'm not a fan of TLC, that one can go in the bin far as I care. As a third film it's not as good as BTTF3 but it's at least better than the garbage that followed Terminator 2.

Wasn't TOD, assisted by Gremlins, the film that lead to the creation of the PG-13 certificate?

Lucas and Spielberg were in a dark place in their lives, and it came out in the film. Yet for me it's the one I feel most nostalgic about.

I'm still shocked by the human skins.

6e63d8fdc5efca2e-600x338.jpg

:horror

Ford looks bad in that photo.

The hat on the other hand looks pretty good in that pic.Good shape and color. The shape kind of reminds me of the Cairo sequence in Raiders. Nothing tops the Raiders hat tho. Indy hasn't been the same since they changed the size, shape and style of the original hat. KOTCK 's hat was ok, maybe the only redeemable thing about that entire film. The new hat is about the only thing that I'm looking forward to in this film. 🤠

Indy 5 will be full of social messages and against Indy's toxic masculinity. Just look at the supporting cast and Kennedy's track record.

KOTKS > IJ 5

Having said all that, this film won't be diverse enough, gay enough, and inclusive enough for the woke mob online. If In the Heights isn't diverse enough for those nuts, I can only imagine what they'll think of an 80 year straight Republican white man saving the day. 🤭😆

Back