Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Director is Mangold, the guy who didn't put Wolverine in his yellow or brown costume 😠
True. However, the yellow and brown costumes were never used in the film series.

His signature look in the Fox series was this one.

uyJDTET.jpg

which Mangold used at the end of Logan, mutton chops and all.

PpZv22g.gif

tioUaeO.jpg

Personally, this was my favorite costume in the series.

2AWoNTo.jpg

Still bothers me we never got a proper representation of this Logan from Hot Toys. We go him in a black suit instead. :mad:

If anything, I have more faith in Mangold giving us a young Indy in costume than HT making a proper young version of the character. They have a fetish for the latest newest version instead of going back to the older films. That's why we never got a Jack Sparrow from Curse of the Black Pearl, instead we got all the sequel versions. :poop:

Hot Toys is thrilled to officially present the 1/6th scale Indiana Jones collectible figure from the adventure action, Indiana Jones and The Lost Arthritis Pills.

nOMseof.jpg

Meticulously crafted based on the appearance of Indiana Jones's appearance portrayed by Harrison Ford in the film, the figure features a newly developed head sculpt with excellent workmanship; newly designed figure body with bow legs, wrinkles and saggy skin; Indy's iconic outfit with fine details with weathering effects; an array of signature weapons and accessories including his iconic whip, pistole , a walker, arthritis pills, a figure stand with themed character backdrop for display and much more!!

Last edited:
I wonder if the majority of the movie is going to be de-aged Ford. We're all assuming it's just the opening scenes but that hasn't been confirmed anywhere - it's just something that we've assumed. The fact that he's all costumed up and still has dots on his face makes me think that this is going to be mostly WW2 era movie. Let's wait and see.

What would be cool and interesting is that you have 2 running storylines, one with him older and one younger searching for something throughout most of the movie.

Sure we do, but for the purposes of genre storytelling, I'd suggest that there are clear delineations between heroes and mentors.

*Edit: I mean sure, I thought Ben Kenobi was cool when I was a kid, but I pictured myself as Luke or Han, not some old fossil.

Sure we do, but for the purposes of genre storytelling, I'd suggest that there are clear delineations between heroes and mentors.

*Edit: I mean sure, I thought Ben Kenobi was cool when I was a kid, but I pictured myself as Luke or Han, not some old fossil.
Understood.
-Jim G.G.

I guess Ford just thinks Star Wars is dumb but he must like playing Indy. One thing my job has taught me is that nobody wants to live to 100, except the person who happens to be 99.

It depends on the archetype.

Columbo can get old because that makes him look wiser and experienced. He's not an action hero or an adventurer, he just solves crimes using his mind, like Hercule Poirot or Sherlock Holmes.

Even cowboys and gunslingers can age without becoming mentors, unless it's the Lone Ranger, then he can't get old because he's more dependent on his physicality like Zorro.

Indiana Jones is also smart and uses his intellect, but he's a bit more like Captain Kirk than Picard.

Last edited:
True, there are exceptions and edge cases. Picard's an excellent example. I can't think of any characters quite like him, off the top of my head.

Back