Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As cringe as Disney is at this (I still adore that distant nose-lady smooch from the SW ST) the thing that stood out most is that the entire production of Jungle Cruise never seemed to have left Burbank for the entire movie. So we're supposed to get thrills and chills from CGI leopards, waterfalls, Davy Jones II etc that look 99% real yet feel 200% bogus.

THAT concerns me for the next installment of a franchise whose first movie was an ACTUAL globe-trotting production who put real people in real danger. Today there'd be a shot of CGI tarantulas on Indy's back and half the time the truck chase vehicle would be a Black Panther style CGI spinning toy with CGI Indy hanging off it.

Things these days are exponentially more disposable, interchangeable, and phony. To think a good amount of this movie is going to end up being a special effect of Ford's face on someone else's body... What little glimmer of hope I had for this movie is steadily dwindling.

My glimmer left in 2008's mess of a sequel.

For 2022 Indy, I have only disgust (except for the casting of Mads).
Build you up, let you down, then kind of win you back. That's Hollywood in a nutshell. You'll like some of the movie, but won't love it like Raiders.

Everyone makes fun of HF age but…

D5E553A5-E414-44EA-BDA6-8AA38839A81B.jpeg

What are you guys talking about Clint punches someone in the trailer

The movie seems like a rip off Rambo 5 lol

Seriously it really does he goes to mexico to rescue a kid

Just watched Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time, was alright I don’t feel like I was really missing much though, felt a bit too long honestly :lol.

Was surprised at the amount of blood/gore though.

Back