Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't believe in reality, do you Mr. Ford?

Kid, I've worked in Hollywood all my life, seen alot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe that there's one all-consuming reality. Not with my money.

Christoper Lee was like 80 in ROTS and they just glued his head on his stunt double for all the crazy lightsaber action. I'd rather see that rubbery fakeness than an old man with a fake rubber young face shuffling along and beating a guy up with all the strength of a kitten like in "The Irishman."

Not by me but Cruise being at a car racing event inevitably has brought those out - I've actually never seen Days of Thunder so if it seemed like I was referencing it it was accidental.

Seriously though there's pictures of Ford and Cruise meeting, both masked up.

Not by me but Cruise being at a car racing event inevitably has brought those out - I've actually never seen Days of Thunder so if it seemed like I was referencing it it was accidental.

“Indiana Jones and the Priest of Xenu.”

“So Tom tell me more about these Thetans. Can they heal me and make me younger maybe make me a better pilot?” I’m not above converting and tithing my fortune for a few more years of relevance. Are you allowed to smoke weed? I love that s#!t Tom, love it.”

Ii saw it once. Meh. There's a well known mistake in a scene where one of the actresses calls Tom Cruise by his real name instead of the character's name. :LOL:

First look at Indy's replacement...I mean, sidekick. 🤭

6PccQUQ.jpg

She looks very liberal and "opened" minded.
Hmm - Depp's Wonka and Austin Powers had a love child. :lol

With HF clinging to the role, it figures the Indy series would eventually stub its toe on the late 1960s - but just really seems almost fatally outside of the Indy universe to me.

The 1950s of KOTCS, with uniforms, cars and clothing (not to mention values, speech and behaviors) that still in many ways conjured the 1930s/WWII eras, somehow still fit the Indy universe, but really not sure Indy in the late 60s does at all.

Even Mad Men's Don Draper, a man of the early 1960s, really seemed out of place in the later seasons of the late 1960s and the show suffered for it - the backdrop overwhelmed him. It's an era of massive social turmoil and very youth centered with violent rejection and mocking of people and ways that dominated before, so is hard to use as a simple period backdrop especially with a 1930s dinosaur like Indy.

With HF clinging to the role, it figures the Indy series would eventually stub its toe on the late 1960s - but just really seems almost fatally outside of the Indy universe to me.

The 1950s of KOTCS, with uniforms, cars and clothing (not to mention values, speech and behaviors) that still in many ways conjured the 1930s/WWII eras, somehow still fit the Indy universe, but really not sure Indy in the late 60s does at all.

Placing Indy in the 60's gives the producers exactly the background drama they want for this -- clash of cultures; protesting against the "old guard". It will be the same awkward message that TLJ had with Leia vs Poe -- macho male heroics are not the answer.

What will really be awkward is watching Disney split the difference between what they want to promote message-wise and having to cater to an old white macho male star still driving the movie.

Placing Indy in the 60's gives the producers exactly the background drama they want for this -- clash of cultures; protesting against the "old guard". It will be the same awkward message that TLJ had with Leia vs Poe -- macho male heroics are not the answer.

What will really be awkward is watching Disney split the difference between what they want to promote message-wise and having to cater to an old white macho male star still driving the movie.
Yeah, you're right - but with Indy he IS the movie and franchise, whereas Poe was really only a supporting player among quite a few others. And even Leia was pretty much relegated to supporting player too.

So going down the "denigrate old white macho star" road too far could potentially derail pretty much everything - where the star and hero isn't welcome in his own franchise. :lol

Back