Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HF has never really signed anything . In the industry he is known for not really enjoying interacting with fans.
As far as TOD.....

it should not even be mentioned in company with ESB or ANH.....
it’s a terrible film IMO

I’ll add BTTF as a film to go with those others , along with Alien and Jaws.
Now remember I only said TOD > TLC your beef is with Khev and the Gar lol

I'm definitely old because I still rank Jaws up there in the Top 5.

Star Wars
ESB
Raiders
Jaws

You can pretty much guess when I was an early teen.

I have trouble with #5... it used to be Alien. But it could easily be Die Hard...

Well if you're gonna simp out yeah Elsa was the girl to do it for but still, it's Indy man. I don't want to see him reduced to such a pathetic puppy dog state, lol. And then to add insult to injury we have to learn that he got nowhere with the girl that his dad DID get? Ouch...
Say what? He was the next man, n'est-ce pas? Sloppy seconds, but not nowhere...

fjKFSt.gif

To be fair, his dad was Sean f****** Connery/ James Bond. :lol
Yeah I considered that, and in it's own way it's kind of cool since Indy was born out of Spielberg wanting to direct Bond in the first place but I still don't think that the title character should have been shown up in his own movie like that.

At least Connery knew when to step away. He was smart to turn down the garbage Crystal Skull and the German dame when Ford couldn't! Connery is the real hero we should be celebrating!

After making a whopping 14 films in the 90's right up through Entrapment in 1999 who would have ever guessed that as soon as the 2000's hit he'd do just two more and done.

Even though TOD has major issues (and likely doesn't play well with a certain element of society today) it still at times has an Raiders-Indy edge but something major changed with TLC.

The tone was off and Connery was kind of wasted as this pompous, bumbling buffoon for a lot of it - as was Brody, Sallah and even Indy at times. Just so over the top and even stupid in many places, and many moments where you're aware of actors on a set.

The Raiders darker realism had just evaporated, replaced by this goofy, not-as-funny-as it-thinks tone that I recall feeling so jarred by when I saw it at the Manns Chinese in 1989. The entire River Phoenix opening was so cartoonish - too Goonies, not enough Stand By Me like it needed to be.

That being said, it's still watchable unlike KOTCS, and do have TLC collectables.

Back