Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This just needs the "Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop snorting coke" meme text.

indiana-jones-5-cgi-1670008410011.jpg

horse1266281962196.jpg

What's interesting in that picture is not Indy. It's that the horse looks like he was playing the saxophone, but someone photoshopped it out.

Maybe the horse thought he was going to get some coke too and dropped the sax.

:lol

Can someone photoshop in a saxophone in there? Because I swear to God, it really looks like that horse is touring with Kenny G.

If you really consider this, just for a moment, that one day you will be dead... its rather disconcerting.
I think of death daily. Not in a boo-hoo, sad kinda way. Just as a fact. Most of the time it's stubbornly abstract, but there are days I manage to engage with it.

Occasionally disconcerting. Sometimes motivational. At others humorous.

It's not death I necessarily fear so much as the manner of it. And I do resent that after death I'll be missing out on the pleasures I enjoy now and the wonders of this world yet to come. So I savour the life I have now, most days.

I certainly did, and like most loved it, (though they have been progressively worse, I certainly am guarded against another. Yet I like the character and actor enough to see how they might close out the series. Hence don't get all the bewilderment and outrage about the fact that Ford is and old guy, playing an old Jones. That's exactly what he should be.
A character who by design, despite the miles and now the years, would still be compelled towards adventure.
It's completely in character.

If you're ready for the inevitable derivative crap woke Disney "replacement", just skip this one.
I reckon so my friend.

Last edited:
If you really consider this, just for a moment, that one day you will be dead... its rather disconcerting.
And then your kids will throw away all your (then outdated) dollies. All those tens of thousands of dollars will be lost in the yard sale, like tears, in rain.

blade-runner-rutger-hauer.gif

But seriously, I think about this pretty often. Especially when I add things to my want list simply because they're "classics" or they're "cool". All of these get forgotten too fast to be wasting time, energy and money chasing an ever-evasive dragon. For better or worse, my rule in this useless but fun "hobby" is to focus on nostalgia first and foremost, as it's the only tangible meaning that can be assigned.

I fully expect a large dumpster with my Hulkbuster being thrown on-top of my Prime 1 Batman that is on-top of my Hoth Luke that is on-top of my Y-Wing fighter that is on-top of my lightsaber collection that is on-top of my steelbooks that is on-top of my Omnibus’s that is on-top of my……….lol

And then your kids will throw away all your (then outdated) dollies. All those tens of thousands of dollars will be lost in the yard sale, like tears, in rain.

blade-runner-rutger-hauer.gif

But seriously, I think about this pretty often. Especially when I add things to my want list simply because they're "classics" or they're "cool". All of these get forgotten too fast to be wasting time, energy and money chasing an ever-evasive dragon. For better or worse, my rule in this useless but fun "hobby" is to focus on nostalgia first and foremost, as it's the only tangible meaning that can be assigned.
Very true my friend, I try not to waste time it is what life is made of and time waits for no man.

I fully expect a large dumpster with my Hulkbuster being thrown on-top of my Prime 1 Batman that is on-top of my Hoth Luke that is on-top of my Y-Wing fighter that is on-top of my lightsaber collection that is on-top of my steelbooks that is on-top of my Omnibus’s that is on-top of my……….lol
I think of that quite a bit. Mostly because I really have no desire to share any of these things with my kids (if I have any, weird times). I kind of regret getting into them in the first place, I won't make the same mistake twice. So I really am buying them merely as a testament to my childhood. And if that's the case, who gives a care if any of this pop culture is a "classic" or "important"? We barely remember great literature, I doubt Star Trek will survive in the next century. Maybe some really timeless icons, like Superman, Vader, Spider-Man (and I do have the theory that Iron Man will outlast Batman, but that's another talk), stuff like that. But still, doubtful. In any case, such a train of thought helps put things into perspective.

Nostalgia can be negative if you're dwelling on it constantly in your real life, but I've found that in this particular case, it's the only thing that matters. Trim the fat, stop getting baited by FOMO and the hotness of the month. Buy the core things that made your childhood swell and leave it at that. I've read thousands of comic books across hundreds of titles. Watched countless movies. Played too many games. Read too many books. If I wanted a physical representation of everything, and a complete set at that, plus all the "classic", I'd end up with a cluttered museum, even if I had the time and money (which I don't). But a more curated display that captures those key moments in time, yeah, that'd be worth it. For me, anyhow; anything else is a delusion.

Very true my friend, I try not to waste time it is what life is made of and time waits for no man.
The worst thing is how fast time flies on trivial, everyday nonsense. The repeated chores and anxieties that take over and before you know it they've stolen an hour, two hours, from you. That's what I hate the most. Lost 2 hours on an awful flick? You're not getting them back, but screw it, it was a one time thing. Lost 30 with a book that was so infuriating that you just had to finish it? Screw it, it's just roughly a day, how many have you wasted laying about? But the daily loss in all those small irritations of the average life tick me off. You sit down to drink your coffee and wake up, and before you know it an hour's passed.

It really puts things like paying 300-500 € for a doll into perspective, especially in these times. Not that I'll ever stop buying my dolls, my cash my wants, but I do think about my purchases more than I'd do a few years back. Each purchase is money and time, considering our communities.

It's not the years but the mileage my friends. For all those that possess both and saw Indy in 1981.....Time flies.
I saw it in 81, and like most, loved it, and know nothing has, or will ever top it.
That they have been progressively worse, certainly has me guarded against yet another. I would have been happy had they ended it at TLC.

Yet I like the character, and the actor enough to see how they might want to close out the series.
Hence don't get all the feigning bewilderment and outrage here , condemning it for the fact that Ford is and old guy, playing an old Jones.
No frikin kidding, he's old, that's exactly what he should be here.
An old die hard character, who by design, despite the miles and now the years, would still be (for better and worse) compelled towards chasing the next adventure and prize, to the very last.
It's completely in character, and we are lucky to Have Ford still willing at it. :wink1:

I couldn't care less about whatever "new" trending ingenue, gender swap or ethnic spin you want to re-imagine as your "new" young Jones.
If that is what you're ready for and want, just skip this one.
Your inevitable derivative woke Disney reboot "replacement" crap, you'll get soon enough. :lol

Last edited:

Ford was either on coke the entire time filming this next Indy or his nurses forgot to give him his meds before this interview. Dude's getting on...more than I realised.

LOL, dudes answered these uninteresting inane obligatory questions a million times, he's just looking over for his handler, to finally move him along.
And his joy for Quan seems genuine.

Last edited:
Back