Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it was a video game. Same thing with that recent Road House remake. I made it a few minutes in and stopped as soon as I realised I was watching video game "fights".

Krystal Skull was bad, but now that a little time has passed and the cinema goggles are off it's plain to see DUD was horrendous across the board.

I do love the hubris of Disney to think they had a huge hit on their hands and all the money they spent taking it to Canne only to get ruined by the critics :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And now the latest financials have hit and revealed what anyone with half a brain knew it was going to happen; it's one of the greatest losses in cinema history.

Bring on these AI movies - at least there will be originality and creativity again. Bar a handful of genuinely talented people, I can't wait for Hollywood to burn to the ground - a bunch of scared, inexperienced, deadbeats.

Yeah, I can't even get into the prologue. I never see Indy as anything more than a cartoon which he literally is. They could have easily gone the River Phoenix route with that Ingruber guy which would have made the entire opening so much more watchable IMO.
Yeah I finally tried to give the movie a second watch, and while I enjoyed the prologue the first time through, I just found it painfully cheesy and hard to sit through this time around. The CGI sticks out like a sore thumb and I didn't feel even a trace of the old Spielberg magic in those scenes.

I can't stand Crystal Skull either, but at least Spielberg was able to make that opening feel light and fun and very much in the spirit of the classic Indy films (before it went completely off the rails).

Last edited:
Krystal Skull was bad, but now that a little time has passed and the cinema goggles are off it's plain to see DUD was horrendous across the board.

I do love the hubris of Disney to think they had a huge hit on their hands and all the money they spent taking it to Canne only to get ruined by the critics :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And now the latest financials have hit and revealed what anyone with half a brain knew it was going to happen; it's one of the greatest losses in cinema history.

Bring on these AI movies - at least there will be originality and creativity again. Bar a handful of genuinely talented people, I can't wait for Hollywood to burn to the ground - a bunch of scared, inexperienced, deadbeats.
Wow, you really hate this movie. Unfortunately this type of theme will no longer bring in audiences. Kids of today don’t care. It’s only people like us that grew up in the 70s and 80s that would have it on our radar.
Ive already said earlier in the thread that they need to leave well enough alone. Did I see this twice at the cinema- Yep . Was it a yawn fest- in parts definitely, but I still like it better than Skull. Less cheese and no Shia or John Hurt acting like d&$ks
Big budget movies will lose money, John Carter from 12 years ago had the same budget as DoD and was a flop despite being fairly original, being based on books, having great visuals and also being quite entertaining. But being sci-fi/ fantasy it had limited appeal and wasn’t something adapted from a comic book (marvel) so it fell over. That’s the case here too, huge budget, niche audience. It was never going to be a blockbuster…

Last edited:
Wow, you really hate this movie. Unfortunately this type of theme will no longer bring in audiences. Kids of today don’t care. It’s only people like us that grew up in the 70s and 80s that would have it on our radar.
Ive already said earlier in the thread that they need to leave well enough alone. Did I see this twice at the cinema- Yep . Was it a yawn fest- in parts definitely, but I still like it better than Skull. Less cheese and no Shia or John Hurt acting like d&$ks
Big budget movies will lose money, John Carter from 12 years ago had the same budget as DoD and was a flop despite being fairly original, being based on books, having great visuals and also being quite entertaining. But being sci-fi/ fantasy it had limited appeal and wasn’t something adapted from a comic book (marvel) so it fell over. That’s the case here too, huge budget, niche audience. I was never going to be a blockbuster…
Also, the marketing for John Carter was horrendous. Removing “Mars” from the title? Why? Hell, even renaming it “John Carter and the Princess of Mars” would have been better.
I actually enjoyed it quite a bit although I couldn’t quite get behind Taylor Kitsch as an appealing lead. Lynn Collins was awesome though.

Also, the marketing for John Carter was horrendous. Removing “Mars” from the title? Why? Hell, even renaming it “John Carter and the Princess of Mars” would have been better.
I actually enjoyed it quite a bit although I couldn’t quite get behind Taylor Kitsch as an appealing lead. Lynn Collins was awesome though.

"Mars" was removed from the title of "John Carter" because of the prior Disney flop "Mars Needs Moms".

You know, Disney felt the audience is so dumb that they might confuse the two. And didn't want people thinking the two movies were related. People must 've not been interested in/like movies about Mars.

Dumb sheeple... :lol

Big budget movies will lose money, John Carter from 12 years ago had the same budget as DoD and was a flop despite being fairly original, being based on books, having great visuals and also being quite entertaining. But being sci-fi/ fantasy it had limited appeal and wasn’t something adapted from a comic book (marvel) so it fell over. That’s the case here too, huge budget, niche audience. It was never going to be a blockbuster…

Sadly, I did. I would love for them to get these films right, but with the limited level of life experience this current gen of "writers" have, and their clear ignorance and understanding of the human condition (that has existed since the dawn of time), these idiots in Hollywood will continue to fail upward, surrounded by likeminded imbeciles that propagate and support each other.

None of it is rocket science either; at the most basic fundamental human level we all essentially have the same hopes, dreams, fears, and frailties. That's what makes compelling characters and stories. But if you hate the past and have no respect for anything but your own desires, there's not much in the well to draw from other than your own tunnel vision - hence the vapid **** we (mostly) have to suffer through (with the rare exception here and there) these days.

In 20 years people won't be looking back with reverence for many movies made in the last decade.

Hollywood as a movie making industry is dead. All of the studios are now owned by large corporations. You’ve got corporate executive's making “artistic” decisions that would normally be the directors job to do. It’s all about the $$$$$ and getting your ass in the seat as much as possible. Money is the end goal now instead of it being a means to an end. The capitalistic game has turned everything into a world of greed. It’s sickening and sad that getting to watch a really good movie is becoming a thing from the past.

Back