InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because as I said in the Aragorn thread, they're not machines working on these things. Human error will always be there and 1/1 100% accuracy will never be a thing with these figures. Looking at INARTs work, there's no denying that they very much TRY with these figures. That Harry Potter video says it all. The amount of work, attention to detail and care shows how hard they work on these things. They're just not gonna be able to catch EVERYTHING that there is. Is Joker 100% perfect? Nope. Is Aragorn 100% perfect? Nope. Gandalf won't be either but it's a pretty damn good effort and the best we've seen yet (and probably will be for a long time).

It's why I'm glad that they're at least acknowledging feedback and actively trying to improve the accuracy of the figure, they're just not gonna be able to catch everything under a microscope. I agree with you on what you're saying. Having it be there would of course be nice and would boost the overall figure by that much but thankfully it's not a major detail that they're missing
I do think you're missing a key factor in this discussion though. It's not they missed this detail, it's that they purposefully chose not to include it even though they are aware of it. And, I don't mean someone sent them feedback that they may or may not have seen. It was already mentioned previously that they chose not to include the detail b/c they felt you never see it, not that they didn't know about it. I completely understand if they didn't know about it or might've missed it due to whatever research material they had. That does seems doubtful though given that both Asmus and Sideshow have included it with their GotG products, so why wouldn't InArt have access to that same information and resources. But, it's possible I guess. However, maybe they shouldn't have actually acknowledged that they know about the trim on the pants but were like "nah, not important enough, we'll skip it since you never see it."

The thing is, how long before that becomes common practice? I mean with TDK Joker, you pretty much never see his suspenders but they still included them. The suspenders aren't even pulled tightly to hold up the pants, so they're actually not serving any purpose whatsoever other than to say they included them. Why not just leave those out if they're decision making process on including parts of the wardrobe is based on if they're visible at all times or not?

I'm not discrediting the amount of work they put in, nor do I expect perfection. I'm probably one of the least critical ppl on this board compared to most and am usually quite pleased with most releases overall. I literally said in the HP thread that the video showcases how much work goes into one of these. And when this figure was initially revealed I sang its praises. Even now, I've already mentioned that it looks amazing overall. But, just b/c they're showing us the process doesn't mean they shouldn't get any criticism when they do miss stuff. I can appreciate the process and and work while also having the right to say that I find it odd when they actively chose to leave out details they considered not important enough to include. Yes, I am happy that they're listening to most feedback. And yes, they hit the major notes which is awesome overall.

Anyway, this is all getting blown out of proportion just b/c I had the audacity to say that I'm a little disappointed that they considered a detail not important enough to include. Even though I've repeatedly said that it's not a deal breaker, I'm impressed and happy overall, etc. I'm just slightly disappointed. That said, I still feel if this was HT there would be tons of ppl saying they can't believe with all their resources that HT missed something like that; but since it's InArt, "it's ok. At least we know they're trying and listening to feedback." We used to say that about Asmus too if anyone actually remembers. Now, ppl are pretty fed up and disappointed with them :dunno

Last edited:
So whose wait list should I get on to have the best chance of getting one?
Probably SpecFiction as they seem to actually send out notifications that something is available again when you've signed up. With OSK and probably other places you'll have to just be on the lookout to see if someone posts that it's available again. I would warn against going through Toys Wonderland, but do so at your own risk.

Probably SpecFiction as they seem to actually send out notifications that something is available again when you've signed up. With OSK and probably other places you'll have to just be on the lookout to see if someone posts that it's available again. I would warn against going through Toys Wonderland, but do so at your own risk.
Thanks. Yea I’ve heard enough bad stuff about TW that I won’t try with them.

I do think you're missing a key factor in this discussion though. It's not they missed this detail, it's that they purposefully chose not to include it even though they are aware of it. And, I don't mean someone sent them feedback that they may or may not have seen. It was already mentioned previously that they chose not to include the detail b/c they felt you never see it, not that they didn't know about it. I completely understand if they didn't know about it or might've missed it due to whatever research material they had. That does seems doubtful though given that both Asmus and Sideshow have included it with their GotG products, so why wouldn't InArt have access to that same information and resources. But, it's possible I guess. However, maybe they shouldn't have actually acknowledged that they know about the trim on the pants but were like "nah, not important enough, we'll skip it since you never see it."

The thing is, how long before that becomes common practice? I mean with TDK Joker, you pretty much never see his suspenders but they still included them. The suspenders aren't even pulled tightly to hold up the pants, so they're actually not serving any purpose whatsoever other than to say they included them. Why not just leave those out if they're decision making process on including parts of the wardrobe is based on if they're visible at all times or not?

I'm not discrediting the amount of work they put in, nor do I expect perfection. I'm probably one of the least critical ppl on this board compared to most and am usually quite pleased with most releases overall. I literally said in the HP thread that the video showcases how much work goes into one of these. And when this figure was initially revealed I sang its praises. Even now, I've already mentioned that it looks amazing overall. But, just b/c they're showing us the process doesn't mean they shouldn't get any criticism when they do miss stuff. I can appreciate the process and and work while also having the right to say that I find it odd when they actively chose to leave out details they considered not important enough to include. Yes, I am happy that they're listening to most feedback. And yes, they hit the major notes which is awesome overall.

Anyway, this is all getting blown out of proportion just b/c I had the audacity to say that I'm a little disappointed that they considered a detail not important enough to include. Even though I've repeatedly said that it's not a deal breaker, I'm impressed and happy overall, etc. I'm just slightly disappointed. That said, I still feel if this was HT there would be tons of ppl saying they can't believe with all their resources that HT missed something like that; but since it's InArt, "it's ok. At least we know they're trying and listening to feedback." We used to say that about Asmus too if anyone actually remembers. Now, ppl are pretty fed up and disappointed with them :dunno
Oh did they say that they’re aware of it and decided to not do it? I never saw them mention that anywhere so my mistake on that part if so. I thought it was a case of them missing that detail due to them not knowing about it, which is where my comments were coming from. Different discussion then altogether if thats the case. It is an odd decision to omit if they know about it. Surprising to hear that considering they included the suspenders on the Joker figure if they’re viewing the trim on Gandalf in that regard.

"it's ok. At least we know they're trying and listening to feedback." We used to say that about Asmus too if anyone actually remembers. Now, ppl are pretty fed up and disappointed with them :dunno

Personally I'm more frustrated with Asmus because they literally engaged in false advertising with that Boromir chainmail debacle.

I agree that its not just about trying and listening to feedback, its about delivery and when it comes to delivery InArt are delivering on what they've advertising and to me that's what really matters.

Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. Missing the details that other companies added is a clear area for improvement. That goes for Gandalf's trousers and for Aragorn not having that flaming torch when we know InArt are releasing a Nazgul.

Subjectively I'm at a 9/10 satisfied with Inart and a 5/10 for Asmus.

Yeah this is something they should have had. Would have been nice if it was faded and well weathered.

Talk about focusing on what we didn't get... as opposed to what we DID get.

Forest for the trees. OCD hard at work to make your life angst-y.

Now let's focus on the positive: look at that face! He's going to look great taking a long drag from his pipe with that narrow-eyed expression.

Last edited:
Ha, I shouldn’t have mentioned anything. Those update shots are way better than what I was expecting- and I have high expectations from InArt. This is certainly money well spent.

That goes for Gandalf's trousers and for Aragorn not having that flaming torch when we know InArt are releasing a Nazgul.
Seeing as there’s not a great deal of wow-factor selling points with a Nazgul, it’d be perfect to include the torch with them.
IA will probably work on a way to stick the torch in the Nazgûl’s face and add some flames over the hood so didn’t want to include it with Aragorn as they’ll be catering the design to perform that other function.

Add multiple swords to create various Nazgul and you’ve got a potential army-builder.

Edit: just seen this exact topic was discussed in the Aragorn thread.

Talk about focusing on what we didn't get... as opposed to what we DID get.

Forest for the trees. OCD hard at work to make your life angst-y.

Now let's focus on the positive: look at that face! He's going to look great taking a long drag from his pipe with that narrow-eyed expression.
Yup! We went from this:
09dbbda2ee06e23082fa00b9260a8bd6.png

To this:
450577-350125260-1278394409551738-822591590080854975-n.jpg

Back