InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$515! I have one coming from Kit too, can't wait
Thanks for the info, inart got me collecting IP's I'm not even big on just because they have presence.

It's really good to see they got the moustache area done well. Details are stunning!! I think we'll see this quicker than joker especially with a smaller box.

Thanks for the info, inart got me collecting IP's I'm not even big on just because they have presence.

It's really good to see they got the moustache area done well. Details are stunning!! I think we'll see this quicker than joker especially with a smaller box.
The mustache area was one of my biggest issues with Asmus and concerns with how production would look. Turned out fantastic!

really looks incredible! The headsculpt looks much better without the overly poofy hair and beard from the proto. Overall very pleased and glad that I decided to order it. Will be selling my PF in the near future.

That said, I do think its a bit of a cop out to not included the detailing on the pants even if you will probably never see it. We buy these things for accuracy and those small touches of detailing that normally go unnoticed are what make some of these things extra special. Not to mention, ppl have given HT (as well as other companies) a harder time with stuff we "never see" in the past or even less. If I remember correctly, even Sideshow included that detailing on the pants for their 1/6 figure and the PF. Regardless if it's something you would normally see or not, we're paying InArt's premium price-tag for something that's supposed to be the most accurate version of a character so we don't have to buy custom upgrades or wait for a 2.0

It is what it is though. Like I said, still overall very happy with this release.

really looks incredible! The headsculpt looks much better without the overly poofy hair and beard from the proto. Overall very pleased and glad that I decided to order it. Will be selling my PF in the near future.

That said, I do think its a bit of a cop out to not included the detailing on the pants even if you will probably never see it. We buy these things for accuracy and those small touches of detailing that normally go unnoticed are what make some of these things extra special. Not to mention, ppl have given HT (as well as other companies) a harder time with stuff we "never see" in the past or even less. If I remember correctly, even Sideshow included that detailing on the pants for their 1/6 figure and the PF. Regardless if it's something you would normally see or not, we're paying InArt's premium price-tag for something that's supposed to be the most accurate version of a character so we don't have to buy custom upgrades or wait for a 2.0

It is what it is though. Like I said, still overall very happy with this release.
I mean to be fair, I blame the person who's buying a 2.0 for a little pants trim detail that you don't even see. You're an idiot if you do that. :lol

I imagine it's not something that anyone pointed out to them as they said they got feedback from numerous collectors.

I do agree that often times it is the little things that help to add up to an exceptional figure. I mean, we all love to discover little details.

However, if a little detail gets overexposed in the way Asmus did their trim, then I'd prefer it was left off entirely.

I mean to be fair, I blame the person who's buying a 2.0 for a little pants trim detail that you don't even see. You're an idiot if you do that. :lol

I imagine it's not something that anyone pointed out to them as they said they got feedback from numerous collectors.
Not saying anyone would buy a 2.0 for that purpose. It's that InArt originally stated that their figures are meant to be the one and only version you'll need b/c they're not interested in 2.0s. So, if that's actually the case, why not actually include all the details possible?

Regarding if they actually knew about the trim detail-It was previously stated that InArt chose not to include that detailing b/c it's not something you really see. That's my gripe. They did know about it, but still chose not to include it.

Again, it's not a deal breaker as I PO'd in the first couple days if not on Day 1. As @Wor-Gar mentioned though, it is those little, finer details that can add up to make a figure extra exceptional. And it's those little details I like to "discover" or think to myself "Oh cool, they actually included that"

Does it take anything away from the figure? Not at all. But am I a little disappointed that they could've done it but actually chose not to? Yes. Like I said, if HT had done something like this for a character (and they have), there would be more complaints. But since it's InArt, they get a pass :dunno

Last edited:
I forgot they mentioned that they specifically decided against adding it. Well, at least its not a mistake.

A nice slop of mud along the trim will be excuse enough why you can't see it. :lol

Not saying anyone would buy a 2.0 for that purpose. It's that InArt originally stated that their figures are meant to be the one and only version you'll need b/c they're not interested in 2.0s. So, if that's actually the case, why not actually include all the details possible?

Regarding if they actually knew about the trim detail-It was previously stated that InArt chose not to include that detailing b/c it's not something you really see. That's my gripe. They did know about it, but still chose not to include it.

Again, it's not a deal breaker as I PO'd in the first couple days if not on Day 1. As @Wor-Gar mentioned though, it is those little, finer details that can add up to make a figure extra exceptional. And it's those little details I like to "discover" or think to myself "Oh cool, they actually included that"

Does it take anything away from the figure? Not at all. But am I a little disappointed that they could've done it but actually chose not to? Yes. Like I said, if HT had done something like this for a character (and they have), there would be more complaints. But since it's InArt, they get a pass :dunno
Because as I said in the Aragorn thread, they're not machines working on these things. Human error will always be there and 1/1 100% accuracy will never be a thing with these figures. Looking at INARTs work, there's no denying that they very much TRY with these figures. That Harry Potter video says it all. The amount of work, attention to detail and care shows how hard they work on these things. They're just not gonna be able to catch EVERYTHING that there is. Is Joker 100% perfect? Nope. Is Aragorn 100% perfect? Nope. Gandalf won't be either but it's a pretty damn good effort and the best we've seen yet (and probably will be for a long time).

It's why I'm glad that they're at least acknowledging feedback and actively trying to improve the accuracy of the figure, they're just not gonna be able to catch everything under a microscope. I agree with you on what you're saying. Having it be there would of course be nice and would boost the overall figure by that much but thankfully it's not a major detail that they're missing.

It also heavily depends on what reference they work with. This is an issue with Hot Toys as well. For example, maybe they looked at the wardrobe reference for Gandalf like below and didn't see the trim? Who knows. It's not that they're getting a pass. If it should be there, it should be but with it being something minor, it's easier to look past.

9f3bb08102b0ec36d8d87ecb318ea9c0.jpg

Back