InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pennywise was their third release, after Gandalf.
In that case, Gandalf can’t be too far off. Although InArt are still rolling out batches of Joker and I’m assuming they’re the sort of company that need to completely finish one release before the next can begin due to using a small team specifically trained to apply and style the hair.

The item specs from KG (where I PO’d) say Q3 2023 so first batch could potentially release in China in the next couple of months but I won’t expect him till nearer November.

Last edited:
When I PO'd this last June directly from Kit, the description said Q2 2023, so anytime between April and June... But I suspect this is going to be a little bit delayed.

IMG_2901.jpeg

I kind of wonder if there will be more available through OSK because of cancellations or whatever once it starts to release like with the Joker.

Yeah, but I just wonder how many or if there are just more figures produced/allocated to meet demand. Seems like there must have been a decent amount of cancellations for Joker, but then again that was also a costly set.

Production update pictures still pending.

After seeing all the improvements they made with Aragorn, it’s clear that they do listen to the community’s criticisms so, hopefully, everything will turn out perfect.

Will they change the sculpt? Unlikely.
I don’t think there were any specific areas that were clearly articulated to amend; it was more of the ‘looks like a great Gandalf but needs a bit more McKellen’ type of critiques.
I personally find it looks better than Crown GTG so it works for me.

I’m not sure if I’m in the minority or just blind but the likeness to Ian McKellen on the IA fig seems bang on to me and it’s much better than any of the other figure photos others have uploaded here, custom works or not.
I wouldn’t necessarily hold my breath either way on expecting any sculpt changes, but I’m still surprised that they updated their Battinson Bruce sculpt and it wouldn’t surprise me if they change anything with Gandalf’s.
Honestly the only change I’d still like to see is the longer/bushier beard on prod that they’ve suggested is happening.

Yep. A solid company with LOTR license that listens to the community's criticism and do their best to deliver.. What a time to be alive! I really can't wait to see this Gandalf. I agree with Nagoya, this is the best Gandalf sculpt so far!

Yeah, but I just wonder how many or if there are just more figures produced/allocated to meet demand. Seems like there must have been a decent amount of cancellations for Joker, but then again that was also a costly set.

There could be 9 sets sold and there would be a cancellation. There's always someone who cancels.

the IA fig seems bang on to me and it’s much better than any of the other figure photos others have uploaded here, custom works or not.
Better than this?

This custom nailed McKellen's eyes.

66fe6b3be9e411545d693598df837689.jpg

I refer to my previous post on the matter, three months ago.

I'd be delighted to get an Aragorn-level tweaking for Gandalf, but here the original sculpt was too welcomed by people for that to happen.

I like that custom head a lot but to me it's mainly just a different facial expression to the IA one. This is a more gentle Gandalf, and reminds me of him at the Council of Elrond as he realises that Frodo is going to take the Ring onwards, while the IA is a more fierce version that is about to face down the Balrog.

I do hope they fix the length of his trousers. They look long to me and cover the shoes. Their very first pictures looked better in this regard. But perhaps it's just because the display version they've been showing since hasn't been set up right or hasn't been adjusted appropriately.

I like that custom head a lot but to me it's mainly just a different facial expression to the IA one. This is a more gentle Gandalf, and reminds me of him at the Council of Elrond as he realises that Frodo is going to take the Ring onwards, while the IA is a more fierce version that is about to face down the Balrog
That's a good point. Yes, his expression is certainly different - unfortunately, I see a determined Gandalf in IA's figure, but not a determined McKellen. :'(

Back