InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• copilot-style-201503-1427733078025_curvedbrim_0003_452872654.jpg
    copilot-style-201503-1427733078025_curvedbrim_0003_452872654.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 0
I’d like to imagine how people here get ready in the morning at home vs in a hotel when the slightest shift in lighting and angles apparently makes the difference whether a face looks either “omg best product EVER I’d buy 10 of these” or “the gorilla I saw last week at the zoo looks more like me than I do”
Still can’t believe people on this forum have actually used phrases like “Asmus’s head sculpt looks better” unironically.
2022 is officially the year hell has frozen over.

Those of course will be covered once you cut a hole in the sleeve and pull it over his thumb, to make him more accurate. ;)
Only problem with that is the sleeves don’t look long enough to even reach that far based on the photos we’ve seen. So unless the shirt material has some stretch to it, that may not even be an option

Last edited:
I have to disagree about the hat. While the overall size and shape looks good, and it's obviously miles beyond the original Asmus hat, the fabric simply can't hold the necessary details, and it's the weakest point of the figure IMO.
The rest of the figure is so realistic and detailed, that the hat looks even more stiff and toy-like in comparison.

If the hat looks like this in production, which seems likely at this point, I foresee many people replacing the hat either with the sculpted Asmus version, or with a future custom version.

Gandalf1.png

Gandalf2.png

Only problem with that is the sleeves don’t look long enough to even reach that far based on the photos we’ve seen. So unless the shirt material has some stretch to it, that may not even be an option
Just to be safe, I purchased an extra Asmus GTG shirt for $9.99.

Is the sand and pebbles around the steps just sprinkled on or do you have it glued down in some way? Like, if you tilt the base will all that lovely sand shift?

Back